Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

On 5/14/2020 at 5:31 AM, Miss215 said:

Hey! I’m headed there next week. Will be there from the 20th-27th for the Fast Track program. I hear so many great things about them and being a nurse myself I have a scrutinizing eye for things being up to par medically, so I’m not worried. Even though I’ve been coordinating from way on the East Coast, I feel 100% secure with these folks. I was so afraid I would have to push my surgery back, but I’m so glad I won’t. With all of the Covid changes they’ve put into place, it’ll be a bit nervewrecking to have to go to all of the appointments and into surgery l, alone, but I’m confident it will be great. All of the information has been so well laid out on their websites, videos and info pamphlets. I am thoroughly impressed by them so far.

Hope all went well. When you have a chance, update your experience with Blossom Bariatric. I am scheduled for August. I am also travelling from the east coast. I am worried about airports and the flight home after the surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am scheduled for July 13th. Very nervous because I never thought I would have to do this to myself. I am a nurse and have been impressed at their responsiveness and thoroughness so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BSNJ said:

Hope all went well. When you have a chance, update your experience with Blossom Bariatric. I am scheduled for August. I am also travelling from the east coast. I am worried about airports and the flight home after the surgery.

I just arrived in Vegas today. I haven’t been to Blossom yet. That will be tomorrow. As for flying that was a little rough. I had one shake at 4:15 EST. I was hoping to purchase another one at one of those convenience type stores at the airport, but literally nothing was open. I’m glad I packed some granola bars for my daughter because that was her Breakfast. I had two 8 oz bottles of Water during the flight. One each leg. My daughter got my Snacks. When we got to Houston nothing was open that I could have. Our driver from the airport was great. He had cold water waiting for us. So, I had another 12 oz there. We checked in, I ordered uber eats for my daughter. While she ate I looked for delivery options from grocery stores to the hotel without success. There was no literature in the room about what was nearby. Not even about what time breakfast begins tomorrow. I need to take my daughter down before my appt because she can’t go with me. Needless to say we walked almost two miles to the grocery store. I forgot about the desert heat. Ugh! We got a few things and took a Lyft home. I still haven’t eaten. It’s around 3:45 now. My daughter doesn’t want to go out because she’s exhausted. (So am I) So, I order a chopped salad from Subway to be delivered by Uber Eats. I finally get to eat at 4:15 Pacific time. After that I took a much needed shower and am going to bed at 5:00 Pacific time. I’ll update more tomorrow. Good night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, G8trgrl said:

I just arrived in Vegas today. I haven’t been to Blossom yet. That will be tomorrow. As for flying that was a little rough. I had one shake at 4:15 EST. I was hoping to purchase another one at one of those convenience type stores at the airport, but literally nothing was open. I’m glad I packed some granola bars for my daughter because that was her Breakfast. I had two 8 oz bottles of Water during the flight. One each leg. My daughter got my Snacks. When we got to Houston nothing was open that I could have. Our driver from the airport was great. He had cold Water waiting for us. So, I had another 12 oz there. We checked in, I ordered uber eats for my daughter. While she ate I looked for delivery options from grocery stores to the hotel without success. There was no literature in the room about what was nearby. Not even about what time Breakfast begins tomorrow. I need to take my daughter down before my appt because she can’t go with me. Needless to say we walked almost two miles to the grocery store. I forgot about the desert heat. Ugh! We got a few things and took a Lyft home. I still haven’t eaten. It’s around 3:45 now. My daughter doesn’t want to go out because she’s exhausted. (So am I) So, I order a chopped salad from Subway to be delivered by Uber Eats. I finally get to eat at 4:15 Pacific time. After that I took a much needed shower and am going to bed at 5:00 Pacific time. I’ll update more tomorrow. Good night.

I will be going next month but I live in Phoenix so I will be driving there. Make sure to keep yourself and your daughter hydrated during your stay and always carry water with you. Unfortunately, you are in Vegas at a bad time and probably won't be able to enjoy much while you are there. Good luck and keep us posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G8trgril, thank you for your responses. I’m there in less than 2 weeks and this was a concern of mine. Guess I’ll be packing shakes and food in my bag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2020 at 3:23 PM, G8trgrl said:

You’re a week after me. I’ll be flying home on the 17th. Surgery is the 15th.

Hope all went well. When you are up to it, can you up us on your experience with Blossom and you experience with flying. I am scheduled for mid August and leaving from the east coast. With Covid cases rising, i have concerns. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My time at Blossom made me feel like a celebrity. Everyone was kind and considerate. The person who did the stress test coached me all the way. She was my own personal cheerleader. The nurses at Warm Spring Surgical Center we’re also fantastic. I have difficult veins, but they only had to poke me once. They also were great with me when I was waking up from surgery. I was extremely groggy. Dr. Sakata was fantastic. She made sure I knew exactly what was going to happen and answered every question. Valerie, the nurse that came to visit the hotel was also terrific! I think I made it through the night because of her. The IV Therapy is probably what got me through flying all the way across the country. They gave me battery compression sleeves to wear on the plane. Make sure to charge them the night before. The only problem I had was the hotel wasn’t close to anything. We walked 2 miles to a grocery store in the desert like heat. Probably wasn’t a smart move. But we took a Lyft back. The hotel itself was great! It just wasn’t near anything. Blossom was very good with Covid precautions. Everyone had masks on. They also made sure you used hand sanitizer before going to the next person. Out of 6 laparoscopic surgeries this is the first one where the gas pain was gone by the next day. I highly recommend Blossom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was my surgery day at Blossom. Have to say so far my experience has exceeded my expectations. If you’re nervous, try not to be. Everything went on schedule and was seamless. I’m about 7 hours out from surgery. No pain, just a little discomfort. Gas pain is gone but was tolerable. At this point, I absolute don’t regret this decision. They’ve been A++++!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update. Every review I hear about Blossom confirms I am going to the right place. My only real issue is flying from the east coast. My surgery isn't until mid August so things may change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery is scheduled for July 11th! I've been really nervous about flying out of state to have this done. The coordinators have been very kind, but very much saleswomen, so that made me anxious as well. I'm really glad to hear that everyone is having a great experience there, it is very reassuring.

Another worry I have is that when I signed all the consent forms yesterday and the forms mentioned potentially not being able to do surgery if one's liver is too large. I do have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease...but I think many obese people do, and that's why the pre-surgery diet is so important. I know they have to cover all their bases on the consent forms, but a big reason I need this surgery is to treat the NAFLD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too will be traveling across country making the flight from East Coast & beautiful beach town of Wilmington, NC. I am scheduled for surgery with Blossom the beginning of September. Counting down the days till our trip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2020 at 5:31 AM, Miss215 said:

Hey! I’m headed there next week. Will be there from the 20th-27th for the Fast Track program. I hear so many great things about them and being a nurse myself I have a scrutinizing eye for things being up to par medically, so I’m not worried. Even though I’ve been coordinating from way on the East Coast, I feel 100% secure with these folks. I was so afraid I would have to push my surgery back, but I’m so glad I won’t. With all of the Covid changes they’ve put into place, it’ll be a bit nervewrecking to have to go to all of the appointments and into surgery l, alone, but I’m confident it will be great. All of the information has been so well laid out on their websites, videos and info pamphlets. I am thoroughly impressed by them so far.

Hope all went well. When you are up to it, let me know how Blossom was. Also, how was your flight home? I am also travelling from the east coast in mid August to Blossom. A little concerned about the increased cases of Covid occurring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×