Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision - 4 Weeks In

So I had a sleeve to bypass revision on 3/11. I am so lucky I had it when I did because of this virus. Anyway, I was worried because with my sleeve I lost 118 in a year and heard with the revisions it is much slower. Like everyone else, I want my excess weight gone as quickly as possible. Well, I am happy to to say I’ve lost 18lbs in 4 weeks. It’s a little slower than it was with my sleeve, but still, 18 POUNDS!!! I already can see the difference and I’m back in size 12’s. The only issue I’ve had is with my pain pump incision. I seem to have an abscess under it but that isn’t related to weight loss. I’m really happy with my progress so far. So I’m posting this for anyone who is worried about weight loss being hard after a revision. It’s not. I’m happy to say I’m a loser again!! I’m feeling much more restriction with my bypass. I’m also making healthier choices this time around whereas last time I ate whatever the hell I wanted and I know that’s why I had a regain. I learned nothing about how to eat healthier. I’m eating things like broiled vegetables and tilapia and salmon which I thought I wouldn’t like but holy crap is it good! I feel so good this time around, like I’m going to keep it off this time because I’ve actually learned from my first failure. So, my fears are subsiding and I feel fantastic. No worries at all. YAY!!!

Take care fellow losers!! :)

You are losing much faster than me. EVERYONE is losing faster than me. My sleeve was done on February 26 and I've lost a whopping 14 pounds. :(

On 4/6/2020 at 3:20 PM, Jessiejess1973 said:

So I had a sleeve to bypass revision on 3/11. I am so lucky I had it when I did because of this virus. Anyway, I was worried because with my sleeve I lost 118 in a year and heard with the revisions it is much slower. Like everyone else, I want my excess weight gone as quickly as possible. Well, I am happy to to say I’ve lost 18lbs in 4 weeks. It’s a little slower than it was with my sleeve, but still, 18 POUNDS!!! I already can see the difference and I’m back in size 12’s. The only issue I’ve had is with my pain pump incision. I seem to have an abscess under it but that isn’t related to weight loss. I’m really happy with my progress so far. So I’m posting this for anyone who is worried about weight loss being hard after a revision. It’s not. I’m happy to say I’m a loser again!! I’m feeling much more restriction with my bypass. I’m also making healthier choices this time around whereas last time I ate whatever the hell I wanted and I know that’s why I had a regain. I learned nothing about how to eat healthier. I’m eating things like broiled vegetables and tilapia and salmon which I thought I wouldn’t like but holy crap is it good! I feel so good this time around, like I’m going to keep it off this time because I’ve actually learned from my first failure. So, my fears are subsiding and I feel fantastic. No worries at all. YAY!!!

Take care fellow losers!! :)

You know someone was going to ask.... so i'm asking.... Why did you revise to GB? I org had the band for 8 years, went 3 years without any WLS, was sleeved Aug, 28, 2019.

I did great with the band. 5'2" SW 232, got down to 143 and stayed there till my band was removed. then regained about 10lbs per year with no WLS..... So i got back to 173.5..... Today i'm happy to say im at a steady 129.

I was a slow loser the first time and still think im a slow loser, but i have to say the sleeve was faster in comparison.

Hope you are feeling great. 18lbs in 4 week is just amazing.... keep up the great work.

I had the bypass done because I regained 70lbs and couldn’t get it off. I went back to doing the same stuff I did before. I tried diets and diet pills and even worked out every day for months and nothing. I gained the weight because I never learned how to eat after I had the sleeve done. Also, I had some personal issues and regrettably decided to drown them with moscato. A lot of moscato. That accounted for the first 30lbs of regain. I started putting on weight and couldn’t figure out how or why because I was still eating so very little. Then one day it hit me like a ton of bricks that wine is nothing but sugar and I had drank my way around my sleeve. Then I felt hopeless. I quit the drinking but I still just kept gaining weight. I gave up again. And then I decided that I am not going to do that so I looked in to getting resleeved. After doing some research I found out that 20% of sleeves have to be revised so I decided to go for it. I had an appointment with my original surgeon who said he wanted to do an EGD to see what was going on. This whole time I still felt restriction. I only over ate a handful of times by accident and didn’t make terrible food decisions (not so great but nothing to justify that much gain - or so I thought but that’s another story) so there was really no logical reason for me to keep gaining. Anyway, he did the EGD to see that I had a hiatal hernia and very mild stretching at the top of my sleeve because of the hernia. He said the best way to repair that in a sleeve patient is a bypass. Then he told me about all the pros with a bypass. I’m sitting there thinking “Why didn’t you tell me this the first time!”. So I did it. I was afraid to because it’s so much more invasive than a sleeve but why do the same thing over again? Why not just go for what is proven to be more successful?

So here I am. It’s different this time. There is much more restriction than I had with the sleeve. I know that will subside a little after the honeymoon phase but I learned from my prior mistakes. And if I hit an emotional bump in the road I am going to see a therapist instead of the bottom of a bottle. I still hate myself for throwing it all away the first time but I’m slowly forgiving myself. It gets better with each pound I lose.

Hey! I had my Sleeve to RNY revision on March 4 of this year! Started around 209 and am now at 182. It has gotten slow since April 3... -2 lbs in 12 days! And I was not really eating much, so we will see.

I had so many issues after my sleeve, in addition to regaining.

We had this done almost at the same time, so go us!!! I hope we do well!

Hello,

Just reaching out...I’m worried because my doctor is recommending a gastric bypass and I don’t want it. I had one 17 years ago and had to reverse it due to malabsorption issues. Now I have a very large hiatel hernia and he says there’s no other option. I can’t believe I’m back here 😢

Thanks for sharing as I am now awaiting insurance approval for the Bypass. I’m a fellow sleever too; I know the sleeve works but had I really understood the chances of getting acid reflux the first time I think I probably would have just got the bypass. I have regained about 55 lbs but life ya know. I finally made an appointment to see a Bariatric Dr in March who told me my options for getting rid of the reflux. Water is a trigger for me at this point...yeah I’m ready to try something else now.

I pray this resolves tour issues. I do wish there were other options. I personally would rather have the Nissen Fundoplication but my BMI is still 40 so they won’t do it . I asked if I just went on a liquid diet and lost the weight so my BMI would be lower but the tumor could turn into cancer so they want to take it out.

It is very important to do your research and learn about healthy food options before surgery it is bad to get surgery without preparation.

I went for the bypass as my first surgery and for 8 months I lost 154lbs which is an average of 19lbs a month I was strict from day 1 but I had no craving or even desire to eat for months, I rarely get hungry and I feel amazing like a new person.