Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Bored...Quarantine

I'm what 9 1/2 weeks out. (Oh 9 1/2 weeks is an old movie 🎥) I've been on shelter in place for 3 weeks now, it's so cray cray sometimes. I'm doing some walks and bike rides too but gosh I wish I could out be doing more. This is the perfect season to hike, but some of the best hiking is not really social distancing because the trails are too narrow.

What is everyone doing to stay busy and activities you're doing to help stay active in the new lifestyle?

I've been doing some coloring, playing some online games. I've been baking for the family 😂 I don't eat any of it but I keep making it. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I'm bored.

I hear ya! I'm super bored now also. What's weird is before all this started I could veg out at home with the best of them. But now that you tell me I HAVE TO stay at home, I go crazy. Walking hasn't been a great option so far because it's been really rainy this spring. Hopefully when the weather gets better I can start walking again. Good luck--hang in there!

43 minutes ago, JRT Mom said:

Hopefully when the weather gets better I can start walking again.

The weather is good. Not too cold, very sunny. It's supposed to get warm again next week.

And I hate it.

That kind of weather means too many people outside to keep a distance which means that I need to reschedule my outside time to the early morning. Hopefully many people will be too busy or too sleepy in the early morning to be outside to run. Unfortunately I'm not a morning person but that's Corona life.

I have been doing spring yard work, I have 2 acres of "yard" so it keeps me busy and it sounds like we will have a solid week of no rain! Other than that, I am bored too. I have started a puzzle, a new book and a couple craft projects and I am still bored!

I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I've been going for walks every day.

I have also been making use of my VR headset to play Beat Saber, and order RingFit for my Switch, so I'm playing games and working out at the same time so I don't get too bored with it.

Otherwise, I'm making resin coasters and doing cross-stitching when I'm not working. And I baked some black bean brownies the other day because I wanted chocolate.

I get up and shower, get dressed and put on a little makeup every day. That seems to help. If I don't have a cleaning project in mind, I do Zoom Pilates with my friend who' a teacher, which is awesome. Then I walk the dogs.

I'm also on "help" groups for my neighborhood on NextDoor and Facebook. Yesterday I helped four people file for unemployment by answering their questions. I've taught people how to order food online and picked up medication for my brother-in-law who has cancer. Doing things for other people really makes me feel better and less bored.

I've been going to the Red Cross to donate platelets. Gets you out, you get to talk to strangers (I love my husband but he's driving me crazy...) and the Red Cross really needs blood and platelets right now. Win-win for everyone!