Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone holding up?

16 minutes ago, JRT Mom said:

My story is definitely a "good news/bad news" one. The good news is that I have a job that will not go away EVER. The bad news is that I'm a health care worker. Part of me can't wait to be at work because I'm going crazy here at home, but when I get there I start worrying "Am I gonna catch this thing?"

Yes, I know what you mean.

But then again I have that thought every time I leave the house and go shopping. Part of me wishes to catch it soon, have a mild case of course and be over with this s*it.

4 hours ago, summerset said:

Yes, I know what you mean.

But then again I have that thought every time I leave the house and go shopping. Part of me wishes to catch it soon, have a mild case of course and be over with this s*it.

Believe me, your very thoughts have crossed my mind also, but at 65 it's kinda scary...

I'm essential so I'm working everyday 6 days a week. But I find due to stress and fear and huge anxiety I'm eating WAY too much and mindlessly. Of course what I'm eating is slider foods. I have stopped losing and I gained 2lbs! (I'm a year out) I've definetly got to do better

I am currently working with a precious, medically fragile 19 month old in a private home. I am actually increasing my hours over there to limit his exposure to other nurses. Just the parents and 4 y.o. brother in the home. Buying essentials online or using curbside to limit my exposure. Talking and texting with friends a lot more than normal. Worried about some of my dear friends (musicians and restaurant owners) who basically have no income during this time. There are not too many cases here in Central Texas at this point which I think gives people a false sense of security. Hoping for the best.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!