Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone holding up?

Thought I would check in and see how everybody is holding up though this crisis. Luckily for me my husband is considered essential and still gets to work for 6 hours a day. I am also essential, but I only work one day a week. Hope everyone is doing alright! Take care!

I'm in defense and so considered essential. I am a little frazzled about the thought of being exposed to the virus at work. I have an elderly parent to care for and don't want to exposes her to the virus.

I am VERY fortunate to work from home to begin with as a book editor, so I'm thankful that my job is not in danger.

I've also been able to find food at our fancier stores (because the locals all swamp to the cheaper places like Smiths and Walmart instead) and have been able to keep eating healthy, too.

Can say the empty streets are nice for 7-8am walks, though kinda eerie.

Doing ok! Hoping and praying for a quick resolution. Most of my immediate family members are considered essential and still must travel to work (in NYC) Including an ER doc, biochemist, Police Captain, Security officers, public servants, etc.

Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-50-58.png.f4c62aef7c87d0cb4f73efc5920aa5c4.png

My husband works home office and my job is considered "essential" as well. Our friends and relatives all seem to either work in "essential" jobs as well or are in retirement already.

I'm retired, but I'm having to deal with my husband being home 24/7! He's not considered essential, but his whole office is working from home now. It's been a bit of an adjustment - I"m used to peace and quiet all day! Plus I miss being able to get up and go wherever/whenever I want...

I'm a teacher, I am STRUGGLING. My school is title I so lots of poverty and broken homes, knowing they need connection but overwhelmed with trying to onboard everything about my classroom online ( I teach middle and high school music). I have over 200 kids, so I don't know the best way to reach all of them.

I'm also immunocompromised but have gone for a run (which I hate haha) every day to just get a break

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm retired, but I'm having to deal with my husband being home 24/7! He's not considered essential, but his whole office is working from home now. It's been a bit of an adjustment - I"m used to peace and quiet all day! Plus I miss being able to get up and go wherever/whenever I want...
My parents are similar, my mom is working from home and my dad is retired....being at home all day with him is driving her crazy haha

Doing ok! Hoping and praying for a quick resolution. Most of my immediate family members are considered essential and still must travel to work (in NYC) Including an ER doc, biochemist, Police Captain, Security officers, public servants, etc.
Screenshot_2020-03-26-08-50-58.png.f4c62aef7c87d0cb4f73efc5920aa5c4.png
Sending prayers for their health, mental wellbeing and grounded decisions xoxo

Homeschooling my two sons and not working. Doing a lot of snacking out of boredom. Trying to find a new normal but it’s been really difficult

9 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

We just found out last night that my husband is no longer considered "essential" I ask for prayers 😉

Edited by Lynda486
posted twice

My story is definitely a "good news/bad news" one. The good news is that I have a job that will not go away EVER. The bad news is that I'm a health care worker. Part of me can't wait to be at work because I'm going crazy here at home, but when I get there I start worrying "Am I gonna catch this thing?"

But no complaints--I have a job! I feel bad for all the people out there that are uncertain when they will be able to return to work.

You remind me of what my mother-in-law said to my father-in-law when he retired--"I married you for better or worse, but not for LUNCH!"

Sending our courageous friends love and support for being on the front line during this pandemic and for being selfless. You are valued, loved, supported and respected 🙏🏽🙇🏽‍♀️💜