Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Corona delaying weight loss surgery dates? Anyone?



Recommended Posts

All my pre-op appointments came to a standstill on March 12th, except for the 2 last pre-op education modules that were done with Zoom online. Last week most of the specialists re-opened. Yes! So now I have four things left to do: sleep study, mammogram, colonoscopy and cardiology clearance. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my RNY gastric bypass 2 days ago. I’m home and other sore I’m doing pretty good. Hang in there everyone your time is coming and it will be worth the wait in the end. Best of luck to everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got my rescheduled date!! I was canceled in Ohio less than 24 hours of my surgery time.... I did the whole 2 week liquid only diet, then boom!! My NEW surgery date is 06/22 and I start my liquid diet again tomorrow!!!! I am so excited. Wow 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@smile-everydaycongratulations!! So happy for you! I had my sleeve done on Wednesday June 3rd! If you have any questions or need support, I am here!!! Yay!! future_mrs_andrews_vsg is my Instagram name! Good luck! 🤗🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/08/2020 at 20:22, smile-everyday said:

I finally got my rescheduled date!! I was canceled in Ohio less than 24 hours of my surgery time.... I did the whole 2 week liquid only diet, then boom!! My NEW surgery date is 06/22 and I start my liquid diet again tomorrow!!!! I am so excited. Wow 🤗

Congratulations 🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, smile-everyday said:

I finally got my rescheduled date!! I was canceled in Ohio less than 24 hours of my surgery time.... I did the whole 2 week liquid only diet, then boom!! My NEW surgery date is 06/22 and I start my liquid diet again tomorrow!!!! I am so excited. Wow 🤗

Whoohoo, yeah and I got my surgery right after you 6/23. I am starting the shakes tomorrow. Excited for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeaaaaaaaa for you! I’m in the 23rd too! I was also canceled less than 24 hrs before my previous date in March! Good luck to both of you! Sending prayers, 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Back in mid-March I was offered a mid-April date, but decided to schedule for May 18 as I realized there were likely going to be some problems from COVID which I was hoping to miss. My May 18 date was canceled about three weeks prior to surgery and I just got rescheduled last week. My new date is July 6 and I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Hoping these next few weeks fly by!

I actually got pretty depressed when I was canceled and literally ate all day. Now I am just trying to lose the pounds I gained before I start my two week liquid diet.

Thank you to everyone sharing here! I love reading your stories.

Edited by WishMeSmaller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

Back in mid-March I was offered a mid-April date, but decided to schedule for May 18 as I realized there were likely going to be some problems from COVID which I was hoping to miss. My May 18 date was canceled about three weeks prior to surgery and I just got rescheduled last week. My new date is July 6 and I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Hoping these next few weeks fly by!

I actually got pretty depressed when I was canceled and literally ate all day. Now I am just trying to lose the pounds I gained before I start my two week liquid diet.

Thank you to everyone sharing here! I love reading your stories.

Alot of us gained weight after being cancelled...... You are not alone! I am still having a daily food funeral :( . My surgery is June 26 and i have to get back on track also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, everyone, checking in.

Since the last time I was here:

I got engaged after a long term relationship. I mean, the agreement was always verbal but I got a ring recently...

NJ began doing elective surgeries again, so I'm hopeful. Alas, my second surgery date passed three days ago, so...

But I did go through with getting my psych eval with the online service and it went great! My doctor should have the report by Monday and the psychiatrist is refunding my money because the telehealth session is covered by Medicaid. I feel really good about it.

So I guess now I just have to wait to be rescheduled. I hope everything works out this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/13/2020 at 13:45, GataAnime said:



Hi, everyone, checking in.




Since the last time I was here:




I got engaged after a long term relationship. I mean, the agreement was always verbal but I got a ring recently...




NJ began doing elective surgeries again, so I'm hopeful. Alas, my second surgery date passed three days ago, so...




But I did go through with getting my psych eval with the online service and it went great! My doctor should have the report by Monday and the psychiatrist is refunding my money because the telehealth session is covered by Medicaid. I feel really good about it.




So I guess now I just have to wait to be rescheduled. I hope everything works out this time.






Wow congratulations on your engagement 🥂that is awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plateau last than a month post op from gastric bypass. Has anybody had this to happen to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×