Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I've come up with a silly plan to encourage myself as I lose weight. I just had to share the idea with somebody because I'm excited about it! I have a ton of clothes in all different sizes, from 26 all the way down to a few size 6's. I'm wanting to buy a few of those rolling clothes rack and set up a little "shop" for myself in my basement. Each rack would contain a different size and would only include clothes that I'm really excited to get back in to. For X number of pounds I lose (enough to make a difference in clothing sizes), I'd reward myself with a shopping trip! Sounds fun & encouraging, right??? 😃

I don't think this is silly. In fact, anything that motivates you and will help you does not seem silly to me at all! I think it's great that you're thinking ahead and coming up with ideas outside the box (or closet, for that matter) to help yourself. Unfortunately, as I gained weight, I also kept moving across the country. Two cross-country moves fairly effectively purged me of my bigger clothes, but that just meant that I instead raid my girlfriend's closet as I'm losing weight! 😂

That's a great idea! I wish I still had my old "skinny" clothes!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I wish I had the space for your plan. You can even set up a clothing exchange for your friends to swap/exchange as you reach new sizes. Super cute idea.

Oh yay, I'm glad y'all think it's a fun plan! 🤗

On 3/12/2020 at 5:44 PM, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I wish I had the space for your plan. You can even set up a clothing exchange for your friends to swap/exchange as you reach new sizes. Super cute idea.

That is a fantastic idea!!! 🌟

I LOVE it! It sounds like a great motivator and loads of fun!

I think that's a great idea! I would do something similar, but last year I KonMari'ed my clothes and am down to a pretty minimal capsule wardrobe of things that only fit me at my current weight (I pretty much wear black pants, a royal blue top, and a cardigan every day). My surgery is scheduled for 05/12/2020, so I know I'll need to buy some new clothes soon. However, other than my family and close friends, I don't want everybody and their mother knowing right now that I'm using surgery as a tool to help my weight loss.

So my grand plan is I've bought clothes that are identical to my current wardrobe just in a couple of smaller sizes, so that way if people comment on my weight loss I can just say "I don't know what you're talking about, these are the same clothes I've always worn!" Plus having to wear a mask at work every day and basically isolating myself in my office is helpful, because I can just say "you just haven't seen my face for my months because of the COVID."