Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision 4/10 worried about corona



Recommended Posts

Having a revision to my sleeve having the RYN on 4/10 due to hernia and GERD. Now with this corona going on I’m scared as of yet they have not postponed my surgery. Wondering if I should postpone it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can be confident that the hospital is going to be taking all possible measures to ensure that the risk of infection is close to zero. They definitely know how to disinfect and take other necessary precautions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Recidivist said:

I think you can be confident that the hospital is going to be taking all possible measures to ensure that the risk of infection is close to zero. They definitely know how to disinfect and take other necessary precautions.

There is absolutely zero way to disinfect the hospital completely. If you don't think that's true, then why is MRSA contracted in hospitals continually an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

There is absolutely zero way to disinfect the hospital completely. If you don't think that's true, then why is MRSA contracted in hospitals continually an issue?

I agree. We all need to make our own choices based on weighing the risks and benefits. Personally, I would not hesitate to go ahead with surgery in the current environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

I agree. We all need to make our own choices based on weighing the risks and benefits. Personally, I would not hesitate to go ahead with surgery in the current environment.

I agree. But I would be worried about it. Straight up. No lie. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way this is your tool and you did it - Take the risk and get on the journey!

But this may help

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1073164433045962&id=418531258509286

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you're going to get different answers from different folks! I would go ahead with it, but then I'm not all that worried about getting the virus myself (I'm pretty healthy and would likely have a mild case if/when I got it). But if you're not comfortable with the idea, then I'm sure you're not the only person to postpone a surgery in this current climate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery is next Wednesday and I will be travelling to another state for it. I am not inclined to cancel but that may be taken out of my hands if the hospital cancels 'elective' surgery. Some hospitals have cancelled upcoming surgeries already but they are public hospitals not private. As long as my surgeon and hospital staff remain virus free (me too of course) I will be going ahead with it.

*note I am in Australia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

My surgery is next Wednesday and I will be travelling to another state for it. I am not inclined to cancel but that may be taken out of my hands if the hospital cancels 'elective' surgery. Some hospitals have cancelled upcoming surgeries already but they are public hospitals not private. As long as my surgeon and hospital staff remain virus free (me too of course) I will be going ahead with it.

*note I am in Australia.

I'm in Australia as well (Canberra). Where are you going for your surgery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Recidivist said:

I'm in Australia as well (Canberra). Where are you going for your surgery?

I will pm you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2020 at 10:00 AM, Hop_Scotch said:

My surgery is next Wednesday and I will be travelling to another state for it. I am not inclined to cancel but that may be taken out of my hands if the hospital cancels 'elective' surgery. Some hospitals have cancelled upcoming surgeries already but they are public hospitals not private. As long as my surgeon and hospital staff remain virus free (me too of course) I will be going ahead with it.

*note I am in Australia.

I hope everything goes well for you and are suc

On 3/12/2020 at 10:00 AM, Hop_Scotch said:

My surgery is next Wednesday and I will be travelling to another state for it. I am not inclined to cancel but that may be taken out of my hands if the hospital cancels 'elective' surgery. Some hospitals have cancelled upcoming surgeries already but they are public hospitals not private. As long as my surgeon and hospital staff remain virus free (me too of course) I will be going ahead with it.

*note I am in Australia.

Hello from Ohio here. I hope everything goes well for U on your journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×