Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys, so im doing pretty well after surgery. Im one month post op. Doctor let me eat solid food at 2 weeks out. All is cool i tolerate EVERYTHING. I don’t feel i had surgery ( of course small quantities remind me)

So my birthday is up this weekend. What do u think about one tiny white wine glass?

Reminder im one month post op. Thx for the help

I drank a month out - But be careful the wine has sugar and that may get you! Sipping a little wine is not going to kill you

we were advised by my clinic not to drink any alcohol until we were at least a year out.

On 02/28/2020 at 15:53, AJ Tylo said:

I drank a month out - But be careful the wine has sugar and that may get you! Sipping a little wine is not going to kill you

Did it bother you? I just wanna have half a glass. I know most docs advise against it. But i have been healing so nicely so smoothly even started gym and everything. so am thinking maybe it might be ok?

I drink vodka protien Water so it was fine, My doctor appears to be more layed back and said a little drink will be ok alot of drinks and you will screw yourself up.

Take a Sip let it settle see how it feels

13 minutes ago, Girlwithadream said:

Hi guys, so im doing pretty well after surgery. Im one month post op. Doctor let me eat solid food at 2 weeks out. All is cool i tolerate EVERYTHING. I don’t feel i had surgery ( of course small quantities remind me)

So my birthday is up this weekend. What do u think about one tiny white wine glass?

Ask your team about there alcohol policy/timeline ❤

1 hour ago, Girlwithadream said:

No.

I really think it's a bad idea in so many ways. Besides, I think you'll never find a sugeron that will approve that one month out.

Edited by MsMocie

I was told one year out too. Your stomache is so much smaller that even a sip could effect you like several glasses would. You are also still healing.

The main issue is the healing prosess on this one. You could hurt your stomach potentially for life and honestly not worth it for a glas of wine. You have scars, and the stomach lining inside you is much to fragile. You can also cause permanent damage to your liver and you can have toxic reactions - at the same time you get drunk from one sip and I really, really think you should be more responsible. You absolutley need to wait a lest a couple of more months, pls!

I would ask the medical professionals advise from the team that you are working with.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:01 AM, GreenTealael said:

Ask your team about there alcohol policy/timeline ❤

This is the right answer ....

On 2/28/2020 at 6:59 AM, MsMocie said:

you'll never find a sugeron that will approve that one month out.

That's a big assumption. You think surgeons is France, Italy, Spain all view wine consumption the way you and your surgeon does?

On 2/28/2020 at 8:26 AM, Kimberly3 said:

even a sip could effect you like several glasses would.

A sip could effect you like several glasses? That is impossible/improbable

On 2/28/2020 at 9:13 AM, MsMocie said:

You can also cause permanent damage to your liver and you can have toxic reactions - at the same time you get drunk from one sip and I really, really think you should be more responsible. You absolutley need to wait a lest a couple of more months, pls!

I get that you personally disapprove very strongly, but why resort to scare tactics?

"permanent damage to your liver" "toxic reactions" "you get drunk from one sip" from "one tiny glass of white wine"??

I enjoy craft and specialty beers, when I user to live close to a WOB location it was a weekly visit. Unfortunately, where I live now there is no local WOB but the question about drinking beer & alcohol drinks was one of my top 5 questions and I was not very happy with the answer.

All thee surgeons I spoke to over the course of about a year (Since May 2019) said the same thing: NO Alcohol drinks, including beer during the first year post-op. ☹️

Strangely, my surgeon's written rule for alcohol was wait one year, especially after his only fatality was a patient who binge-drank and died of alcohol poisoning.

But when I went for my six month checkup, my surgeon had said "If you want to have an occasional glass of wine, it's okay." Nonetheless, I haven't touched alcohol. For me, it would be a slippery slope.

It was my doctor that told me that the stomach does not digest alcohol the same way as before surgery. He was the one that told me that your metabolism does not process acohol effectively and yes a sip would affect differently post surgery I don't think anyone is on here to scare anyone. We are just sharing information told to us by our medical professionals.