Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Family,

I woke up yesterday morning and had lower flank back pain bilaterally! First thing I thought was kidneys! I have been getting in at least 64 oz of Water not counting my coffee in the morning! Only thing I think is the guilty culprit is I tried a Coke Zero and thought how amazing, it took me a whole day to get it down, so I had another one the next day and the next! They are 16.9 oz bottles but again it takes me all day to get it down. I just sip sip sip, my urine is a little darker than usually and so I am thinking that is the problem because as I am typing this, I realized it took me all day to sip the coke zero, I really wasn't getting in my water like I needed to be! I may drink 2 bottles of water and my coffee! See, there talking it out (typing) made me realize yes that is the problem! I go to my regular physician tomorrow, so cannot wait to see what my blood work is going to be like! I continue to take my Multivitamins, Calcium and thiamine! I am officially 10 weeks postop, 222 lbs 37.5".

I was told that I couldn't have carbonated drinks.

yes - sounds like you need to be drinking more.

as for carbonation, some surgeons don't allow it at all, and some do allow it at some point as long as it doesn't bother your stomach (it bothers my stomach, so I can't drink it). But in either case, it's still too early for you to be drinking it. Switch to Water or something like Crystal Light (or other ultra-low calorie beverage)

Hello @catwoman7, yes it does seem early but I am aloud on my plan to have 1/day, but thinking I cant tolerate that either! Lolol Thanks so much for the feedback!

11 hours ago, Mello1 said:

I was told that I couldn't have carbonated drinks.

I guess every doctor is different!

i drink diet soda every day no issues. and still losing weight...also i take nexium every day... just in case,,for any heartburn issues...my bariatric doc said i can drink diet soda i have to live my life he said.. just don't overdue it.. he also said on occasion i can take nsaid for pain..i had the sleeve 8 months ago...

Edited by johnedwin

Perhaps it's different for sleeve patients.

Could it be from the caffeine in your soda? With it being a diuretic. Idk I’m pre-op.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:26 AM, johnedwin said:

i drink diet soda every day no issues. and still losing weight...also i take nexium every day... just in case,,for any heartburn issues...my bariatric doc said i can drink diet soda i have to live my life he said.. just don't overdue it.. he also said on occasion i can take nsaid for pain..i had the sleeve 8 months ago...

Thank you @johnedwin, got a call back today and all of my blood work was great, A1C, Thyroid, you name it! My physician was ecstatic of how much weight I had lost! He put me on flexaril and I can't tell just yet that it is working but I am not as sore! Have a great night!