Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

4 hours ago, PostVSGandKeto said:

I use renpho also. Ive had it a couple years now and I love it!

One of the things I like is the way it works with the Health App on my Apple Phone. All those statistics on weight, BMI, body fat, are on the phone too.

8 minutes ago, Duke483 said:

One of the things I like is the way it works with the Health App on my Apple Phone. All those statistics on weight, BMI, body fat, are on the phone too.

Yeah, the app syncs nicely with a few of mine also. Super convenient

I feel like this month I’ve been over-eating :( anyone going through the same?

3 minutes ago, rnomah said:

Right there with you! Eating too much of the wrong thing too. But I recognize it and I'm dialing it back. Eye on the prize!

1 hour ago, rnomah said:

I have been more hungry lately particularly in the afternoon.

I've gained about three pounds this month but according to my Renpho scales, it's 2.8 pounds of lean body mass. My dietician also said my muscle mass was increasing. I am spending about eight hours a week lifting weights. I also walk about 5 miles a day. I'm not too upset. My body fat is about 17.5 %.

6 hours ago, rnomah said:

I never had much of sweet tooth before the surgery, but the last month or two I will eat cookies/crackers as before bed snack. I am still under 1100-1200 calories/day with the Snacks but I need it to stop, I do not want any new bad habits. I will try pushing my last meal of the day by an hour to 7PM to stop the cravings in these cold winter nights.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:38 PM, rnomah said:

How's it going now?

I feel like I am eating more but still staying under my calorie intake that is recommended- I try super hard to listen to my body. I try also to think 🤔 am I really hungry or am I thirsty....

Try maybe eating healthy Snacks to help eat less calories.

Do you think you're stretching your stomach? Is that why it's worrying you or are you going over your calorie allotment for the day too?

On 2/13/2020 at 7:42 PM, rene50 said:

It is so weird to me that I have had zero problems drinking my 64 ozs + of Water each day, and now that I'm eating a tiny amount of pureed food, I'm struggling to get in my Water. I'm wayyyy behind for the day, only 24 ozs! Why is that?

i have the same issue.

Hey all,

I'm coming up in a few weeks on my one year surgery anniversary so I thought I'd reach out and see how everyone is doing? The holidays were definitely a struggle for me, I wasn't eating what I should and I put on a few pounds, but I just started a 30 day challenge that I am hopefull will more than make up for it. I've definitely reached a point where I need to focus and work harder so now the real challenge begins, but I've come so far and I refuse to go backwards!

I ended up needing to have another surgery in early December. All the weight loss led to lots and lots of gallbladder stones and after ending up in the er once I wasn't doing it again so my surgeon was able to remove it and while in there he found my hiatal hernia had relapsed and he was able to fix it which solved a bunch of other issues I had been having.

Overall, I'm still super happy about my decision. I'm so close to being down 100lbs from my surgery date, but I'm over 100lbs down from my pre liquid diet weight so I feel amazing!

Water, Protein, and Vitamins are always a struggle but I work everyday to try and improve. I hope everyone is doing well, would love to hear from you all, my anniversary is about 2.5 weeks away at this point.

I just celebrated my 1 year (1/7), and I was down 131 pounds on my 1 year (have lost another pound since then). I am below goal and couldnt be happier with my results. I have set a secondary goal that I would love to reach by end of 2021, 140 pounds. If I DONT hit it, I wont be upset, I've already surpassed my original goal, but it would be nice to get there.

Its definitely harder now to stay strict and not stray too far from the post op guidelines, but I operate under the idea that nothing is off limits to me. If its not forbidden, I dont want it as much 😂 I treat myself, but very rarely. I still want to LIVE life, not just struggle through it.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:27 PM, alissajs said:

I just celebrated my 1 year (1/7), and I was down 131 pounds on my 1 year (have lost another pound since then). I am below goal and couldnt be happier with my results. I have set a secondary goal that I would love to reach by end of 2021, 140 pounds. If I DONT hit it, I wont be upset, I've already surpassed my original goal, but it would be nice to get there.

Its definitely harder now to stay strict and not stray too far from the post op guidelines, but I operate under the idea that nothing is off limits to me. If its not forbidden, I dont want it as much 😂 I treat myself, but very rarely. I still want to LIVE life, not just struggle through it.

Congratulations!!!! My anniversary is on the 20th. Including the little that I put on during Christmas, I am about 12 pounds from my goal. I too am very happy with my progress and REFUSE to go back!!! We have all done so well!!!