Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those watching the super bowl or having a party, what dishes are you making? I’m thinking about some smoked chicken wings on the big green egg but curious what others might be making. Post op things are limited but temptations are every where at a party!

Im still cooking the same unhealthy way but for myself going to fill up on shrimp and chili - No way I am eating wings and hot dogs and chili and chips - But will be a ton of it here for my unhealthy friends -

I am doing a taco bar which i do every year so i will pick at the shrimp, meet and the taco fixins

We host every year, even when I was a week post op! 😃 each year has gotten a little better though. This years menu contains: chili, pulled pork sandwiches, baked chicken wings, stuffed bell pepper “nachos”, deviled eggs, cheese and crackers, chips and homemade salsa & guacamole, my non traditional 7layer dip with chicken and cucumber Slices & hummus.

Very easy and healthy.

Bake your own tortilla chips and serve them with homemade or store bought pico de Gallo. You do have to use a little oil with the chips, but not much.

Baked chips recipe

Pico de Gallo recipe

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Buffalo chicken Dip served with celery and sliced bell peppers to dip.

Buffalo shrimp is always a fun dish too! Pretty much anything that starts with Buffalo! LOL!!

4 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Im still cooking the same unhealthy way but for myself going to fill up on shrimp and chili - No way I am eating wings and hot dogs and chili and chips - But will be a ton of it here for my unhealthy friends -

I am doing a taco bar which i do every year so i will pick at the shrimp, meet and the taco fixins

Taco bar is such a great idea!!!

Great ideas. @chubRub what’s your buffalo recipe?

I am thinking of making these .... the recipe is posted on their IG page ...

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Chili is a good healthy option. chips with hummus? Parmesan crisps with dip?

Can I come to y'all's parties??

Stop making excuses to eat junk

I don’t see people here making excuses to eat junk-I see people making good plans to stay with healthy stuff during a real life situation. Good job to those planning ahead to stay on track! We’ll have a veggie tray, deli meat tray, and cheese tray that I’m planning to pick from at our party. Maybe a couple pieces of fruit too. And I’m stocking up on Vitamin Water zero as well, but will fit in a glass of wine by running on the treadmill in the morning before the party.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:58 AM, ChubRub said:

Buffalo chicken Dip served with celery and sliced bell peppers to dip.

Buffalo shrimp is always a fun dish too! Pretty much anything that starts with Buffalo! LOL!!

Tatanka!

INGREDIENTS

• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
  • 1/2 cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
  • 8 oz (250g) g block cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup white Cheddar cheese freshly shredded
  • 1/4 cup American cheddar freshly shredded
  • 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional to serve)
  • 2 teaspoons green onions, sliced ( or chives)
  • Celery sticks carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crusty bread pieces, potato chips, for serving

INSTRUCTIONSimage.gif.fa769afae69a4a2c447be6edaa384b77.gifimage.gif.65301dbe15f2b2d93463271bc690ad19.gifimage.gif.6c86c4c598b15d7330a66b60a26ec295.gif

• Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Arrange oven rack to the middle of your oven.
  • In an 8-inch cast-iron skillet (or an ovenproof pan), melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant (30 seconds). Add the chicken and hot sauce and simmer until sauce has thickened and reduced by half (about 2 minutes).
  • Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese; mix until combined. Take off heat, stir through sour cream and top with both cheddar cheese(s) over the top.
  • Bake until bubbling around the edges and the cheese has melted (about 10 minutes). Broil (or grill) for a further minute to brown on top.
  • Immediately garnish with blue cheese and green onions. Serve with vegetable sticks, chips, crusty bread pieces for dipping.

NOTES

• If you don't have a cast-iron skillet or oven-proof pan: prepare all ingredients as per recipe instructions above in a regular pan on the stove. Then transfer buffalo dip to a 1-quart (1-litre) baking dish.
  • You can use rotisserie chicken.
  • Don't like blue cheese? Feel free to omit it.
  • Halve the hot sauce amount for a milder dip.
  • Add more hot sauce for spicier dip.

NUTRITION

Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g