Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we blend tripe?



Recommended Posts

Here in Cali it's the go-to hangover cure. lol ( Quit 10 yrs ago ) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2020 at 6:09 AM, BigViffer said:

I actually find all the reaction pretty funny. Don't get me wrong, I personally cannot handle tripe, the texture literally causes a gag relflex. My mother in law chuckles every time she talks me into trying it again.

However, if you really think about it, every country has delicacies, comfort foods, or Snacks that the other countries consider repugnant. Caviar? Who in their right mind would ever look at that and actually want to eat it? Foie gras? Sick SOB's to eat that morally or based on flavor. Fried chicken livers? (I personally love them!) Gross!

Tripe and a lot of the so called sweatbreads (internal organs) were long considered peasant foods. Now they are considered trendy. Tripe is a source of complete Protein and is low in fat. While I find the idea of eating or drinkings a puree of it, nutritionally it sounds like a winner. By this time (3 weeks post op according @Raquel M. info) it should be fine. But of course, the last word must come from her surgeon.

I agree with this entirely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband tried to trick me into eating this once and the texture just made me gag. Lots of interesting foods are normal depending on where you are from. My dh is Peruvian and they eat guinea pigs. I don’t care to eat them, but the ceviche is delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Apple1 said:

My husband tried to trick me into eating this once and the texture just made me gag. Lots of interesting foods are normal depending on where you are from. My dh is Peruvian and they eat guinea pigs. I don’t care to eat them, but the ceviche is delicious.

Im also Peruvian and have tried guinea pig before. Its ok, im not the biggest fan of it, too many bones for my liking lol

I guessing you can blend tripe but I dont think it will taste as good. People who like tripe usually like the texture and you would be taking that away.

oh and yeah ... ceviche is life! 😁

Edited by MarvelGirl25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of "odd" foods ... beef tongue is AMAZING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2020 at 9:09 AM, BigViffer said:

I actually find all the reaction pretty funny. Don't get me wrong, I personally cannot handle tripe, the texture literally causes a gag relflex. My mother in law chuckles every time she talks me into trying it again.

However, if you really think about it, every country has delicacies, comfort foods, or Snacks that the other countries consider repugnant. Caviar? Who in their right mind would ever look at that and actually want to eat it? Foie gras? Sick SOB's to eat that morally or based on flavor. Fried chicken livers? (I personally love them!) Gross!

Tripe and a lot of the so called sweatbreads (internal organs) were long considered peasant foods. Now they are considered trendy. Tripe is a source of complete Protein and is low in fat. While I find the idea of eating or drinkings a puree of it, nutritionally it sounds like a winner. By this time (3 weeks post op according @Raquel M. info) it should be fine. But of course, the last word must come from her surgeon.

Agree with ALL of this 💚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Speaking of "odd" foods ... beef tongue is AMAZING

Lengua is another super lean meat! Though I will only buy it prepared, I can't bring myself to handle it otherwise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BigViffer said:

Lengua is another super lean meat! Though I will only buy it prepared, I can't bring myself to handle it otherwise!

I dont mind buying it and cooking it myself. For some reason it really doesnt bother me. Nothing like making homemade tacos de lengua or stews with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone my name is Raquel I had gastric sleeve surgery two weeks ago I got through the first stage
the liquid diet now I am in the second stage the puree food, is it okay to eat tripe Soup I mean blended. Please confirm or please help with suggestion on other puree food.< br>
thank you,

Don't worry, once you're in regular food stage, you can enjoy menudo, pozole, lengua, barbacoa, arrachera, and chorizo again- just a few ounces at a time though! Lol

I'm 7 months post- op and my stomach is fine with all my old favorite Mexican foods. I just stick with Proteins and veggies, and I avoid tortillas, rice, and Beans.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • boot44

      ON MARCH 9 I WILL HAVE COMPLETE ALL MY REQUIREMENTBEFORE SURGURY CAN BE SCHEDULED. BUT I AM GETTING COLD FEET.  I AM 61 YEARS OLD AND I AM JUST AFRAID BECAUSE OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      @summerset
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      ❤❤SAFE SURGERY & SPEEDY RECOVERY❤❤
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Darbs4Mayor

      Met with my surgeon yesterday and he said that he is so excited for me and the progress that will be made! Waiting for insurance pre-auth and then will get everything scheduled! 
       
      So excited to start this journey and become a new person!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      New found appreciation for you all!
      So Im back in the US to take care of my aging father and it seems like more than ever that being bigger is the norm everywhere here. I cant say that Ive been the best, healthiest me at the moment, but I think you all Americans are doing GREAT to even be working towards the goal of getting healthier in face of all this temptation (even if you are a "slow loser"). So give all yourselves a pat on the back!
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

        Yep. Temptation around every corner!

    • zombierayvinn

      I am now 10 days post op and I am down 16lbs. I had an allergic reaction to the glue my doctor used so I am still sore and trying to keep moving to not get stiff. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Tory Myers

        Hello congratulations on your new journey I am 5 days post op and still trying to get the hang of things. I’m supposed to return back to work in a few days but still sore as well. Do you have any advice for me being 5 days post opt?

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×