Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I sometimes put a 1/4 of a banana in the blender with my in my Protein Shake, I also can do a few grapes or a half an apple sliced with some almond butter. For some reason I've lost my desire for citrus fruits and berries (hope to get that back) also will look forward to some watermelon, pineapple, cantaloupe and honeydew once they are back in season.

Yep I eat fruit regularly. Have eaten grapes, watermelon (ups your Fluid intake & can help with bowel movements), cherries, lychees & mandarins. Mangoes give me the gurgles which is devastating to a Queenslander in summer. Used to eat a lot of red paw paw but haven’t tried it again yet. Didn’t enjoy strawberries or blueberries like I did before when I tried them.

I usually eat fruit as my afternoon snack every second day or sometimes as an after dinner snack. Eat them slowly. My doctor & dietician happy with their inclusion as I neared & then hit maintenance.

Do any of you sleevers eat fruits?
Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes. I eat a banana almost every day. I love fresh fruit i.e. apples, grapes, berries, pineapples, and watermelon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

10 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Yep I eat fruit regularly. Have eaten grapes, watermelon (ups your Fluid intake & can help with bowel movements), cherries, lychees & mandarins. Mangoes give me the gurgles which is devastating to a Queenslander in summer. Used to eat a lot of red paw paw but haven’t tried it again yet. Didn’t enjoy strawberries or blueberries like I did before when I tried them.

I usually eat fruit as my afternoon snack every second day or sometimes as an after dinner snack. Eat them slowly. My doctor & dietician happy with their inclusion as I neared & then hit maintenance.

I’m in Queensland too!

I’ve only had success with seedless watermelon and applesauce.

I desperately want to try berries but the seeds from blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are too scary for me to contemplate. Sometimes I’ll chew up a piece of apple, suck out all the juices and spit out the fiber/peel. The acidity from citrus fruits won’t allow me to eat them.

Watermelon is one of the only things that tastes good to me after my sleeve - I have a bowl each night and it's the highlight of my day. I cut it up into little cubes and eat it slowly. So good. As mentioned above, it's good for Water content and fibre. The calories and sugar haven't seemed to affect my weight loss at all. No other fruit appeals to me at all, even Christmas cherries were blah to me this year :(

No, I've had a half a banana a couple of times, but I wasn't really ever a fruit eater even before surgery.

I eat fruit, not daily, but when it's there I eat it. Meaning, I don't generally buy a lot of fresh fruit. I just can't eat it fast enough before it goes bad.

My portions are quite small. EX: I can usually only get in about half an apple. But, I haven't had a problem with any fruit I've tried.

I am 4 months out and I just started eating fruit last week in smoothies. Half spinach, 1/4 cup frozen fruit and 1/2 cup Fairlife reduced fat milk and 1 scoop Protein Powder. About 220 calories, and fills me up for a long time!

Yes, I eat fruits fairly regularly. I do them in green smoothies. I usually mix spinach/kale with frozen fruits and either a Protein Shake or milk or Water to thin it. When I was still in the early months of weight loss and hoping to lose rapidly, I stuck to lower sugar fruits like berries. Now that I am below the doctors goal weight I am not opposed to having more high sugar fruits like bananas and oranges. Fruits are good for you. Just don't do fruit "juice" where much of the Fiber has been filtered out and those "juices" that have added sugar.

During weight loss phase I didn't eat any fruit, save for one time early on that I ate like 2 tsp of my mom's fruit salad and had a serious dumping episode.

Once in maintenance, blueberries are my go-to fruit. I will also have other berries, and I may have a 1/4 of an apple or like 5-10 grapes in my salads sometimes as well.

Very rarely anything else.

@ms.sss why no fruit? Don’t like them or too much natural sugar?

3 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

@ms.sss why no fruit? Don’t like them or too much natural sugar?

Too much sugar :(

Try eating peeled apple slices @Beast(RNY). In some material I got from my surgeon, it said that apple skin (& orange & mandarins pith) is hard to digest & pass through our smaller tummies. It’s just trial & error to see which fruits you can tolerate.

Hey @ms.sss I was talking to my team last week & I mentioned sugar & dumping They said it’s not an issue for sleevers which surprised me because of reading about experiences like yours & others. I thought I was just lucky I hadn’t reacted to fruit (or those Christmas treats I sampled). Now I’m very confused.