Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated with "I know someone who gained it all back" reactions

On 1/11/2020 at 2:11 PM, froufrou said:

The first thing out of my mother in law's mouth when I told her I was having surgery (and this was in front of her husband and mine) was 'oh, what are you going to do with all that skin?!'. Who says that?? hahahaha

Yeah, that is weird. I mean, it is the same amount of skin you had to begin with.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, MarvelGirl25 said:

Also, I don't feel like I'm on such a tight food restriction because I love my healthy meals way too much! :)

Thank you for being such a great example and for showing newbies like myself that eating good can be enjoyable and that its all in the mind!

Thank you for your inspiration, your journey, your GORGEOUS meal ideas and your inspiration. I'm inspired by all of you, new and vet! :)

I wish I could like THIS a meeelion times! I feel exactly as you do! For reals. When I was in WLM, I was laser focused. So I didn't get tricky with food. Cuz I've done the scenic tour and this time just wanted to get to goal as quickly as I could. So very little shenanigans and lean dense Protein + 1-2oz al dente steamed or roasted veg + tiny bit of fat at meals was it...

Now that I'm at maintenance I feel good about interacting with re-writing old recipes to fit my new Bari Healthy Life! And through it all--I never felt like I was deprived. I just felt so blessed and such relief to have this chance to lose like a normal person!

Last night we went out to our neighborhood Italian place. Coulda had anything: bread, pizza, gooey Pasta. What did I have from choice, not penury...I had 1 Caprese Stack + 1/2 side salad with WF Italian Dressing + grilled shrimpies + broccoli toasted with garlic. And a Cappaccino with real steamed cream for dessert. :) Gosh I did not feel any deprivation, just had an awesome night with Mr. F. and friends!

And here's Tuesday Tacos made with my LoLo Psylli Wrap nuked into a crispy shell! Now where do you get an lc gluten free paleo crispy taco shell for about 18 or so calories that gives you some Fiber? :)
bari-healthy-life-crispy-chicken-enchirito-taco_5736-flat.thumb.jpg.09cb7a2d04f91892d48ed53a6a86d589.jpg
Yeah...so. much. deprivation. ;)

Edited by FluffyChix

That’s the very reason why I do not tell people about my surgery it’s none of their business and I don’t need any negativity. It’s been three years and the struggle is real and I’m still fighting to keep it off.

I only remember one negative reaction to telling someone about weight loss surgery. I told an acquaintance that I had lost weight because I got a gastric sleeve, and she said something like "so you didn't do it the right way."

These days I don't like to talk about it much, because I am one of those people who gained all the weight back.

I feel like telling someone who just got bariatric surgery that you know someone who gained it all back is comparable to telling someone on the gurney that you know someone who died in surgery. It is just in poor taste...

I am also one who didn’t share my surgery. It is my personal health information.

That being said, I do feel dishonest sometimes when people comment on my weight loss and I don’t divulge. I just don’t want to be defined by my weight loss surgery so I haven’t opened that can of worms. I don’t care if people figure it out or assume because I’m not embarrassed. If someone came to me for serious advice, I would consider sharing to be helpful.

18 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Thank you for your inspiration, your journey, your GORGEOUS meal ideas and your inspiration. I'm inspired by all of you, new and vet! :)

I wish I could like THIS a meeelion times! I feel exactly as you do! For reals. When I was in WLM, I was laser focused. So I didn't get tricky with food. Cuz I've done the scenic tour and this time just wanted to get to goal as quickly as I could. So very little shenanigans and lean dense Protein + 1-2oz al dente steamed or roasted veg + tiny bit of fat at meals was it...

Now that I'm at maintenance I feel good about interacting with re-writing old recipes to fit my new Bari Healthy Life! And through it all--I never felt like I was deprived. I just felt so blessed and such relief to have this chance to lose like a normal person!

Last night we went out to our neighborhood Italian place. Coulda had anything: bread, pizza, gooey Pasta. What did I have from choice, not penury...I had 1 Caprese Stack + 1/2 side salad with WF Italian Dressing + grilled shrimpies + broccoli toasted with garlic. And a Cappaccino with real steamed cream for dessert. :) Gosh I did not feel any deprivation, just had an awesome night with Mr. F. and friends!

And here's Tuesday Tacos made with my LoLo Psylli Wrap nuked into a crispy shell! Now where do you get an lc gluten free paleo crispy taco shell for about 18 or so calories that gives you some Fiber? :)
bari-healthy-life-crispy-chicken-enchirito-taco_5736-flat.thumb.jpg.09cb7a2d04f91892d48ed53a6a86d589.jpg
Yeah...so. much. deprivation. ;)

Wow that meal sounds amazing and far from being deprived! You have great control. Lots of people would have went Pasta and bread crazy.

Oh and those tacos... YUM! You are truly the queen of creating low cal recipes. 😀

I look forward to learning and seeing more from you! <3