Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would just caution against bringing anything with a heavy scent. I had to share a room, and if my roommate had brought aromatherapy oils or scented lotions I would have cried.

I'm glad I had my own private room.

my own bathroom and door that locked :)

Took a few days before I was strong enough but when I finally had a hot shower it was heaven!

Things I needed:

• chapstick
  • Toothbrush/toothpaste
  • hair comb/brush and scrunchie
  • clean underwear for the trip home
  • Phone/charger

For the most part, the hospital provided everything I truly needed. I never changed out of my hospital gown. It just seemed too much of a chore to get into my PJ's with the IV. I kept those non-skid socks on that they gave you and they were fine for trips to the bathroom or the walks in the hall. BTW: do you REALLY want your personal slippers collecting who knows what from the hospital floor? Actually, they sent me home with a whole care-package: supplements, Vitamins, a nice insulated bag and a cute Bari-bear.

I strategically arrived at the hospital wearing what I knew I'd go home in: comfortable bra, change of underwear, stretchy/comfy pants and a loose shirt. I didn't even "make-up" to go home. Just washed my face, brushed my teeth, combed my hair.

I'm such an over planner too! I have a basket of things I've been adding to for post op. My plan for the hospital is to bring:

• Carmex
  • Biotin Mouth Spray (I've seen a bunch of people post about dry mouth and this helping)
  • Ear buds
  • Phone/Charger
  • Pillow
  • Toothbrush/toothpaste
  • Lotion
  • Really loose athletic pants/t-shirt/zip up fleece to wear home
  • Brush
  • Dry Shampoo (yeah I'm vain!)

And really that's it. I thought about my ipad and slippers, but I hear over and over about people not using their laptops of ipads, and frankly I can do anything on my phone that I can do on my ipad.

Since I live a couple of hours from where I will be having surgery, the plan is for me to stay two nights.

1 hour ago, S@ssen@ch said:

Things I needed:

• chapstick
  • Toothbrush/toothpaste
  • hair comb/brush and scrunchie
  • clean underwear for the trip home
  • Phone/charger

For the most part, the hospital provided everything I truly needed. I never changed out of my hospital gown. It just seemed too much of a chore to get into my PJ's with the IV. I kept those non-skid socks on that they gave you and they were fine for trips to the bathroom or the walks in the hall. BTW: do you REALLY want your personal slippers collecting who knows what from the hospital floor? Actually, they sent me home with a whole care-package: supplements, Vitamins, a nice insulated bag and a cute Bari-bear.

I strategically arrived at the hospital wearing what I knew I'd go home in: comfortable bra, change of underwear, stretchy/comfy pants and a loose shirt. I didn't even "make-up" to go home. Just washed my face, brushed my teeth, combed my hair.

So true about hospital germs on my shoes. They are Walmart slides with a fizzy top but I don’t want to track yucky stuff home!

I took way to much to the hospital. All I ended up needing was:

- Outfit I wore there I wore home

- Hard soled slippers (rather than try to put on shoes to go home)

- Chapstick

- Phone

As others mentioned, I was in a hospital gown and hospital provided anti-slip socks the whole time. They even provided a toothbrush and toothpaste (may be good to bring your own just in case). I pretty much slept, walked the halls, watched a little tv, and repeated :)

You don’t need to bring all that. I took a bag and out of the 6 things (if I remember it was a portable charger, face wipes. Adult Coloring book and makers, chapstick, hair brush and an extra pair of underwear) only used one; charger for my prone. Slept most of the time I was at the hospital.

Honestly, I didn't use anything from my bag except my cpap (and even barely used that), my cell phone, and my charger. Plus my pajama bottoms I wore with the hospital gown. I did have a spare pair of clean underwear for the ride home, but I wore the same clothes I had arrived in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for the the tips, everyone. I'm just going to take the following in a backpack: a light robe I can roll up (haven't purchased one yet), chapstick, phone and charger, mini Ipad, toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush, clean pair of underwear. I plan to wear the same loose, comfy maxi-dress there and back, and I'll wear a pair of rubber Birkenstocks which is what I wear at home for slippers anyway.

All I took out of my bag was my phone, my power bank, and my hairbrush. Probably would've worn chapstick too, but I didn't bother. I packed a couple pads just in case I started in the hospital, but I didn't start my cycle until the day after discharge. Wore the same clothes I came in, but did not wear my bra when leaving. My Kindle and deodorant were neglected; I simply showered when I got home. The hospital will not like it if you wear lotion to the hospital. You're going to be given sanitary wipes to completely clean off when you are there (plus antibacterial soap to use prior to arrival).

I barely had enough energy to go to the bathroom, walk down the hallway, watch TV, and read social media. You'll be sleeping most of the time you aren't being poked and prodded for medical tests.

Not necessarily for the hospital, but I'd pack a pillow and leave it in the car for when it's time to go home. The ride home was bumpy and I coughed a lot so it helped having that brace.

So from what I am reading here:

Chapstick

Phone/Charger

Cpap Machine

Toothbrush/Paste

Pillow

Slip on shoes

Lose clothing (Go to hospital in them) Spare Underwear

hair brush and or comb

I can do this lol

57 minutes ago, glannin said:

So from what I am reading here:

Chapstick

Phone/Charger

Cpap Machine

Toothbrush/Paste

Pillow

Slip on shoes

Lose clothing (Go to hospital in them) Spare Underwear

hair brush and or comb

I can do this lol

Pretty much. My surgery isn’t for two weeks but my bag is packed and that’s what is in it.

Having my own pillow and chapstick were the only things I used out of all I packed. You're pretty drugged up and sleeping most of the time.

I was told to not forget medical devices like a c-pap/bi-pap machines or asthma inhalers if you're on them. I go in Monday...ah! I can't believe after six LONG months of prep it's finally here.

The best of luck to you! :-D

You'll do great!

2 minutes ago, kc892020 said:

I was told to not forget medical devices like a c-pap/bi-pap machines or asthma inhalers if you're on them. I go in Monday...ah! I can't believe after six LONG months of prep it's finally here.

The best of luck to you! 😄

You'll do great!

Very excited for you

Let us know how ya doing please