Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

On 12/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, doublepau said:

Im scheduled for the sleeve on Feb 17th, I'm soooo excited! Just curious to know if anyone else has been scheduled for February?

My surgery was 2/5/20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my first "food". I had 2 tablespoons of egg beaters, scrambled. With a teeny pinch of lemon pepper. I took 15 minutes to eat it, mindfully, chewing. Now my stomach is singing...growling...not sure what to call it. No pain, and I did not feel "full" per se (2 TBL is equivalent to 2/3rds of an egg white.)

I set my alarm for 30 minutes so I can go back to drinking Clear Liquids.

I am obviously going to need some Protein Drinks today to meet my Protein goals.

I am not doing a good job of separating my day into meals. I will see how today goes and try to set up a six "eating event" schedule tomorrow.

This is a lot of work! lol. I am glad I have one more week off from my real job, just to try to get myself into a bit of a rhythm with all of this.

Hope everyone out there is doing well! Love reading people's updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Lisa. It is frustrating trying to find the balance between Water intake and especially Protein intake. I haven’t felt the confidence of doing both well. I just started my stage 2 with puréed foods and it’s easier to get the Proteins in now. I too am setting a stop watch on my phone for 30 min increments. It is a lot of work but I try to remember that when much is given, much is required. So, I digress and try to focus on reaching my weight loss goals of being healthy, coming off these medications and looking cute in a bathing suit. Lol. I just can’t wait to get past the stages of food and be able to eat normally and reasonably. I understand that my stomach suffered a major transition and it has to make adaptations to heal and become 100% functional again. I wish you luck and everyone else in this new journey. Right now, the road is rocky but I look forward to it smoothing out soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, divag822 said:

Hey Lisa. It is frustrating trying to find the balance between Water intake and especially Protein intake. I haven’t felt the confidence of doing both well. I just started my stage 2 with puréed foods and it’s easier to get the Proteins in now. I too am setting a stop watch on my phone for 30 min increments. It is a lot of work but I try to remember that when much is given, much is required. So, I digress and try to focus on reaching my weight loss goals of being healthy, coming off these medications and looking cute in a bathing suit. Lol. I just can’t wait to get past the stages of food and be able to eat normally and reasonably. I understand that my stomach suffered a major transition and it has to make adaptations to heal and become 100% functional again. I wish you luck and everyone else in this new journey. Right now, the road is rocky but I look forward to it smoothing out soon.

I so appreciate everything you guys are sharing! I'm so scared of the post op restriction and seeing you all push through is giving me hope that it is possible. ❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, divag822 said:

Hey Lisa. It is frustrating trying to find the balance between Water intake and especially Protein intake. I haven’t felt the confidence of doing both well. I just started my stage 2 with puréed foods and it’s easier to get the Proteins in now. I too am setting a stop watch on my phone for 30 min increments. It is a lot of work but I try to remember that when much is given, much is required. So, I digress and try to focus on reaching my weight loss goals of being healthy, coming off these medications and looking cute in a bathing suit. Lol. I just can’t wait to get past the stages of food and be able to eat normally and reasonably. I understand that my stomach suffered a major transition and it has to make adaptations to heal and become 100% functional again. I wish you luck and everyone else in this new journey. Right now, the road is rocky but I look forward to it smoothing out soon.

I know exactly what you mean about getting past this and being able to eat normally and reasonably. But we need our stomachs to heal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Likklelime said:

I so appreciate everything you guys are sharing! I'm so scared of the post op restriction and seeing you all push through is giving me hope that it is possible. ❤

The first couple of days were tough. The biggest mistake I've made so far is letting myself get dehydrated. Once I got rehydrated, things improved. I'm so sick of plain Water, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/19/2020 at 21:33, GotItDoneInHarlem said:






I've been getting really bad cramps too. 3-4 times a day. Still not sure if it's just cramps or if it's gas.


It’s an interesting spasm. I don’t have it when I consume ice chips, I get it when I have a popsicle. I am really starting to think it’s my stomach’s way of saying I’m full. I don’t think it’s gas related though I could be wrong. My surgeon did say I’d be having spasms. I’m going to ask him to treat it I think. Tomorrow’s my 1 week I’ll talk with him then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

The first couple of days were tough. The biggest mistake I've made so far is letting myself get dehydrated. Once I got rehydrated, things improved. I'm so sick of plain Water, though.

maybe adding some crystal light to your Water for flavor wil help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. Had my surgery yesterday. Everything went well. Surgery took about an hour and I was in recovery about an hour and 1⁄2.Didn't have significant pain just a raw feeling but I took the pain medication they offered anyway to help me sleep.Was on primarily Water yesterday although they did give me a very sweet Protein Drink For dinner.Started on some Protein drink today. I got discharged today about 12:00 PM. I'm definitely very sore. But not significant gas pain like a lot of you have. I need to learn how to feel full.Right now I am trying to get about 3 oz of Protein Shake down I'll probably have to take about an hour to do that. Hope Everyone else had success yesterday but had surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DB in AZ said:

Okay. Had my surgery yesterday. Everything went well. Surgery took about an hour and I was in recovery about an hour and 1⁄2.Didn't have significant pain just a raw feeling but I took the pain medication they offered anyway to help me sleep.Was on primarily Water yesterday although they did give me a very sweet Protein Drink For dinner.Started on some Protein drink today. I got discharged today about 12:00 PM. I'm definitely very sore. But not significant gas pain like a lot of you have. I need to learn how to feel full.Right now I am trying to get about 3 oz of Protein Shake down I'll probably have to take about an hour to do that. Hope Everyone else had success yesterday but had surgery.

So glad to hear you're doing well! Keep us posted!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, doublepau said:

maybe adding some crystal light to your Water for flavor wil help!

I tried, but I find the taste unappealing. I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners usually. Although I do like the sugar free popsicles. I've tried adding a splash of lemon juice, but it's a bit sour. I have a cup or 2 of herbal teas a day. I'm wondering if cucumber mint Water might be a good choice? I'm very open to ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DB in AZ said:

Okay. Had my surgery yesterday. Everything went well. Surgery took about an hour and I was in recovery about an hour and 1⁄2.Didn't have significant pain just a raw feeling but I took the pain medication they offered anyway to help me sleep.Was on primarily Water yesterday although they did give me a very sweet Protein Drink For dinner.Started on some Protein drink today. I got discharged today about 12:00 PM. I'm definitely very sore. But not significant gas pain like a lot of you have. I need to learn how to feel full.Right now I am trying to get about 3 oz of Protein Shake down I'll probably have to take about an hour to do that. Hope Everyone else had success yesterday but had surgery.

My hospital Protein Drinks were sickeningly sweet! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

I tried, but I find the taste unappealing. I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners usually. Although I do like the sugar free popsicles. I've tried adding a splash of lemon juice, but it's a bit sour. I have a cup or 2 of herbal teas a day. I'm wondering if cucumber mint Water might be a good choice? I'm very open to ideas

Have you tried the flavored non carbonated Water from hint? It's delicious and has no artificial or natural sweeteners. I'm addicted to seltzer water and am transitioning to non carbonated using hint. The watermelon is particularly refreshing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

I tried, but I find the taste unappealing. I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners usually. Although I do like the sugar free popsicles. I've tried adding a splash of lemon juice, but it's a bit sour. I have a cup or 2 of herbal teas a day. I'm wondering if cucumber mint Water might be a good choice? I'm very open to ideas

Yes, I was thinking infused Water too. It’s worth a shot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×