Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R&Y Bypass 12/31/2019. New Year's Revolution!

Oh you’re lucky it wasn’t sweet. It looks like there is four of us set for surgery tomorrow.

Just had a 4 ice cube, 1 packet of stevia, 6oz. Unsweetened almond breeze milk, whey Protein Isolate and a Dannon fit and light strawberry cheesecake 12oz smoothie. To be followed up by another 60 oz of Water before retiring to my bed tonight around 9 ish. Then get up every 2.5 hours to urinate. The morning will be early to drive 1 hr. to the hospital by 7:15 and finally start my surgery around 8:00 am CST.

Edited by Slimming Down Steve

2 minutes ago, Slimming Down Steve said:

Just had a 1 packet of stevia, Unsweetened almond breeze milk, whey Protein Isolate and a Dannon fit and light strawberry cheesecake 8oz smoothie. To be followed up by another 60 oz of Water before retiring to my bed tonight around 9 ish. Then get up every 2.5 hours to urinate. The morning will be early to drive 1 hr. to the hospital by 7:15 and finally start my surgery around 8:00 am CST.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and may your pain meds work well.

You all sound so amazing & I'm super excited for you!!!! You've got this!!!

Hell I even got a pre surgery poop in for good measure. Been 4 days, afraid I might of let go on the operating slab aka; table

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Hell I even got a pre surgery poop in for good measure. Been 4 days, afraid I might of let go on the operating slab aka; table

Keto poop would of chaised their asses out of the operating room! Would of been pretty fun if they were shooting a video for YouTube and a turd hit the floor!

How is everyone doing now that we are about 11 days out? Feeling better? Are you able to get your Water and Protein in?

27 minutes ago, loridee11 said:

How is everyone doing now that we are about 11 days out? Feeling better? Are you able to get your Water and Protein in?

Yes and yes. No problems with Proteins, had a hard time with the Water till I started drinking the crystal light fruit punch. I double the water when mixing. Getting over 80oz in a day now.

Hey! Late to the feed, but I had a sleeve on 12/31. First New Years Eve in a long time where I felt like I was working towards something instead of just wishing! I am having trouble getting everything in during the day. Between the two Vitamin shakes and all the Protein I feel so bloated. Have y’all noticed pain when you swallow certain things? I can’t have Water that’s too cold and Jello bugs me. I may just be weird. 🙃

8 minutes ago, WassabiMom said:

Hey! Late to the feed, but I had a sleeve on 12/31. First New Years Eve in a long time where I felt like I was working towards something instead of just wishing! I am having trouble getting everything in during the day. Between the two Vitamin shakes and all the Protein I feel so bloated. Have y’all noticed pain when you swallow certain things? I can’t have Water that’s too cold and Jello bugs me. I may just be weird. 🙃

No I haven't had a hot or cold problem at all. I did have a problem getting 64oz of Water in till I tried a suggestion from a friend that had a bypass 3 yrs ago. She told me to try fruit punch flavored crystal light. It's sugar free. Since I love fruit punch anyways I bought some. It was to sweet for me so I doubled the water and now get in over 80oz most days. Hope this helps you.

Hey! Late to the feed, but I had a sleeve on 12/31. First New Years Eve in a long time where I felt like I was working towards something instead of just wishing! I am having trouble getting everything in during the day. Between the two Vitamin shakes and all the Protein I feel so bloated. Have y’all noticed pain when you swallow certain things? I can’t have Water that’s too cold and Jello bugs me. I may just be weird. [emoji854]
I definitely can't do really cold drinks or I can feel it all the way down. I've been using a 5 min interval timer on my watch to remind me to drink and that's been helpful getting my fluids in. I also use diluted Crystal light since water has been really bleh since the surgery.

HW-275 SW-262 CW-246

How are you all doing now that we are 6 weeks out?

Overall pretty good, happy to finally be eating solid food. I guess I thought I would lose weight a little faster so I'm trying not to let my head get in my way. I keep telling myself if I lose 2lbs a week for a year that will still be over 100 lbs.
How's are you doing?

My loss has been slower than expected to. At 6 weeks I was only down 19 lbs. however I was in a crazy long stall where I lost < 1 lb for 3weeks. That seems to have broken in the last few days so fingers crossed.

I did have to stop weighing daily as it was too hard mentally.

other than that I’m feeling great.