Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 11/16

Hi! I was banded on the 16th, as well, and am doing great. As of Tuesday, I had already lost 10 lbs. I haven't weighed since then (my home scale is a piece of poo, and I need a new one), but I feel I have been eating well, and thanks to all the housework getting ready for the holidays and the Christmas shopping, I think exercise is going well, too. I go back to my doctor on Thursday for a checkup. I'll let you know how it goes!

Happy NEW Birthday to us both!

I just joined this and I'm not real good at what to do to get all set up so bare with me. I'v got about 70 lbs to lose.... I weighed 220 the day I had the surgery..... I'm feel like I'm doing good.

Hi my name is Rhonda (aka bebers). I was banded on the 16th also. I'm doing great. My surgery went very well. Went back to work on day 4 after surgery. Had some gas and bloating (but not shoulder pain gas), but that has gone away. My incisions are fusing nicely. Just some port soreness. But that will take a while to go away. Even though there is no fill yet, I am definitely full on smaller amounts of food. Currently on the full liquid diet. But on my full liquid diet I get oatmeal watered down and that keeps me full for quite a while. I keep wondering if this less hungry will stop. Because I heard that after swelling goes down and since we have no restriction (fill), we may be wanting to eat more, like we did before the band. Not sure though, seems like many people lose quite a bit before their first fill. What do you think?

Banded on the 15th and feeling pretty good. I still have a *little* bit of the run-down feeling, but it gets better everyday. My port site almost feels normal...it was giving me the most grief.

Hi there!

I had my lap band on November 20th and am doing really well except for the chest/back/shoulder gas pain. I am not having any trouble at all getting my 64 oz of liquids and am getting 70 plus grams of Protein a day. I have no appetite to speak of and have not experienced hunger yet. The liasion for my surgeon's office said that it is because I am doing so well on the Protein. I have until Dec 4th on full liquids...then I start 2 weeks of "mushie" foods. I am very excited about this journey I am starting and I can hardly wait to see me a year from now!

Take care,

: ) gini

I was also banded on the 16th. At about day 8-9 i started to feel better. Before that, i would get very tired very quickly. Im now feeling really good and ready to go back to work. I have post op appt on Thursday and have decided to wait until then to go back to work, but im back to all the normal run of the mill activities at home.

Hello all. I was banded on November 20th. I am down 9 pounds already. Still sore though after 6 days. I hope that is normal?! Going back to work tomorrow. No gas pains, no nausea...no hunger. This is awesome. Just worried about infection, etc. Trying to be very careful.

Hi all,

I was banded on the 15th of Nov, feeling great and heading back to work tomorrow. Congrats to all you fellow bandsters!

Hi all!

I was banded on the 16th and am doing great. I went back to work yesterday and did not have any problems. I seem to be doing well at getting the Protein in but I still need to work a little more on that. Weight loss is going great as well. I can not believe I finally found something that is going to work. I jope everyone else is doing good. Take care.

All...me again. I was banded 11/20. I went back to work after 6 days and it was too soon. Could have used a couple more days off for sure. Just tired and still sore at port area. So far (day 9) I have lost 11.5 pounds. I am so happy! I have no problems with Protein or liquids and seem full all of the time. I have already graduated to mushie foods, but love Soups, so still eating those. My stomach is still bloated...is that normal? I cant even button my pants. Ha ha ha! No other issues at all...just moving forward and taking one day at a time. No regrets!! Follow up visit next week...hope my incisions are healing correctly. This is so weird...I never thought it would work for me and it is working. Finally, something that works.

Any words of wisdom are welcome! No nausea, no gas...nothing, so that is a good thing. I called the Doc yesterday about the soreness and he said it would be about 3 weeks before the port area felt right, so hang in there.

Good luck to all...lets keep this post going...I love to hear how others are doing.

Hello all. My name is Christine . I live on Long Island, New York and was banded on November 16 also. I have lost about 18 lbs. I am now on soft foods for 3 weeks. I am supposed to eat 6 small soft meals a day. I was wondering what a daily menu is for you. Please share. I am hungry and I think I eat way toooo fast. I also have chosen to eat a few bad foods and need to go back on track. My shoulder pain is gone and boy did that hurt!

another question.. I plan on going back to teh gym (Curves) ,,, anyone else going back? That seems the only way i can lose weight is to exercise at least 4 times a week.

Lets help each other get through this. :confused: