Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K - Week of 25 ? 01 December

What week are you running this week  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What week are you running this week

• Week 1
    • Week 2
    • Week 3
    • Week 4
    • Week 5
    • Week 6
    • Week 7

Hi everyone,

this is our seventh week in the Couch to 5K program. This is designed to be a 9 week program, but you can repeat weeks (as I will be doing) until you are comfortable moving on. However, you are not supposed to skip weeks.

It has been strongly suggested by trainers and runners alike to NOT run on consecutive days.

More information can be found here: Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

Please go to the cool running site to view your week’s detail.

Anyone is free to join, no matter where we are!! :(

This is the place to check in and support with each other and see how it is going.

What week are you doing?

How is it going for you? Is it too difficult / too easy?

Any comments??

Good luck everyone!

I think I said it in the other post, but I'm out for this week. I'm going to let the heel spur and shin splints heal up first, and concentrate on spin this week!

so i was on vacation for week 5 and I go on monday to do my first run and all my podcasts have diappeared from my ipod! How could that of happened?? so i made up my own thing, ran 5 mins, walked 90 secs. ran 10 mins walked 3 mins ran 5 mins faster at 6.5, walked 5 minutes.

Then the next day I got the 24 hr. bug and then my husband got it the next day, and then my littlest, and then my oldest! so we spent out beautiful Bavarian Alps vaca sick in a very pricey cabin! Needless to say, I didn't get to finish week 5.

I went on today to try to download week 5 podcast again, and the site doesn't work?? anyone having issues with this? I don't know how I can run with out my buddy ullery! I need him! I can't wait to finish week 5. I thought I would be a real runner by now, i hate that I ended up skipping 2 workouts. I love this program.

jm - plz take care of yourself first and formost.. we'll be here next week :)

sweet - oh no!! hope the family is feeling better. if you can't find the podcasts, I'll see if I can email them to you. I actually think I do better with my own music.

I am cleaning out my closets today. getting rid of ALL my old fat clothes (keeping 1-2 outfits for pics tho).

now I CANT gain any weight back. it would bankrupt us.. :(

I just finished week 6 workout 2 which was 2 10 min runs. not too bad. Tuesday is going to be the 25min run.

Found my mp3 in the cushion in my car (thank goodness).

Now whats a good mp3 download site?

I am new to this and I did week one twice on a treadmill and it was fine. Today I tried it outdoors as the weather was nice, and wow was it hard! I may try it one more time outside this week and then move on to week two.

Thanks for keeping this thread around for newbies like me.

and yes, I was tired since I did week 5, day 3 yesterday. I didn't feel like I was tired in an endurance kind of way but more that my legs were just plain tired. Oh well! Learned my lesson.

now that didnt seem obnoxious, self-righteous NOR condescending. what's going on Chickie? did one of the non-know it all's get to you ... :lol:

to keep on topic... i think i f'ing broke a toe ... dmit.

now that didnt seem obnoxious, self-righteous NOR condescending. what's going on Chickie? did one of the non-know it all's get to you ... :lol:

to keep on topic... i think i f'ing broke a toe ... dmit.

((ssshhh! You will blow my cover... I am trying to act like a non-know it all))

Ouch! Broken toes hurt!

oh man jlm! how's the toe? I hope it's not really broken. That would put a damper on the couch to 5k.

so i did workout 1 week 5 and taking that week off really hindered me. I felt that run, 5 minutes felt like an eternity! I don't know how I will make it on the 20 minute run on friday.