Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 minutes ago, Cathynthesky82 said:

I only ran about 100. When I called the doctors office about my fever, they told my it wasn’t high enough. I had a fever several days. I called the doctors even the on call doctors. My temp usual is 97.? So I alway run a low fever, so when I run 100, I feel really crummy.
Once my shoulder starting hurting, I thought I was having a heart attack, I went to the emergency room. They did a cat scan and knew automatically it was my heart and that it was a leak. A leak is a nightmare. Well it has been for me.

Cathy, I really think you need to see either your surgeon or someone new. You must get some answers regarding your situation. I mean, they cannot tell you when it will heal... it's like asking 'how long is a piece of string', but they can at least let you know what some options are. Your leak is in the same place mine was - it's a classic place to get one, so I'm not sure why they are telling you it could be 6-8 months to heal when a stent will help it heal quicker. Sometimes you have to be a pain in their arse to get them moving - be that squeaky wheel. Do you have someone who can help you with these calls and help support you?

I talked to my insurance company, they suggested a second opinion. My current doctor is the head of bariatric surgery at BS&W hospital in Plano. So everyone there knows her. I have to go to a center of excellence, as per my insurance. All of the other doctors names they gave me know my doctor. This is a nightmare, especially right now during the holidays. I don’t want to gorge on anything, but I would love to taste some. I’m sick of knowing nothing. I just never get answers. Maybe I’m not asking the right questions.

I really appreciate your input. It makes me believe I’m not crazy for being upset over this process. Thank You!

I totally get the whole not knowing anything driving you crazy - that's how I felt too. Nobody could give me a plan or an idea of what was going to happen. I absolutely get it. But, they should be working with you and giving you some kind of roadmap.

Does it matter if the other doctors know your current doctor?

I just don’t want to make my doctor mad, until I’m better. I would be afraid she would continue to ignore me. I’m a chicken. I’m almost never outspoken. I know I need to be. My husband is really pissed at this doctor.

Just now, Cathynthesky82 said:

I just don’t want to make my doctor mad, until I’m better. I would be afraid she would continue to ignore me. I’m a chicken. I’m almost never outspoken. I know I need to be. My husband is really pissed at this doctor.

Can your husband do some of the calling? He probably would love to - it's really hard for our spouses when this happens... they feel so powerless. Don't be afraid of making her 'angry'... she is being paid to help you! It just sounds to me like you need to actually get in front of her, with your husband, and ask some questions and get her to clarify. That is her job and her responsibility to you. If she truly can't help you, then she should refer you on to someone who can! Let your husband be your advocate if he wants and can ❤️

21 minutes ago, froufrou said:

Can your husband do some of the calling? He probably would love to - it's really hard for our spouses when this happens... they feel so powerless. Don't be afraid of making her 'angry'... she is being paid to help you! It just sounds to me like you need to actually get in front of her, with your husband, and ask some questions and get her to clarify. That is her job and her responsibility to you. If she truly can't help you, then she should refer you on to someone who can! Let your husband be your advocate if he wants and can ❤️

I could not agree with this more. You paid this dr and she is supposed to be working for you. I would get a second opinion for sure. Any decent dr would totally understand that.

Really too bad if she doesn’t. This is your health and your life on the line.

On 12/22/2019 at 16:40, Cathynthesky82 said:

I talked to my insurance company, they suggested a second opinion. My current doctor is the head of bariatric surgery at BS&W hospital in Plano. So everyone there knows her. I have to go to a center of excellence, as per my insurance. All of the other doctors names they gave me know my doctor. This is a nightmare, especially right now during the holidays. I don’t want to gorge on anything, but I would love to taste some. I’m sick of knowing nothing. I just never get answers. Maybe I’m not asking the right questions.

I really appreciate your input. It makes me believe I’m not crazy for being upset over this process. Thank You!

I don’t know if this will help. Right over the board in Shreveport, LA Dr.Norwood may be able to help. He is at a center of excellence.

He helped my friend who went to Mexico and they pierced her intestines during WLS.

🤷‍♀️
Thoughts and prayers !

On 12/22/2019 at 15:40, Cathynthesky82 said:

Idk if ur willing or able to travel but my surgeon has Patients fly from New York and even out of the country to see him. He fixes all the other surgeons mess ups.
His name is Dr. Snyder Denver Bariatric. If it’s an option for you I would recommend getting into contact with his office. And at least getting a recommendation from him.
O BTW I’m in Denver, Colorado
If u want more info I can send u his info? He is the best of the best

That’s so funny... Dr Snyder is my surgeon and I recommend him in a pm to Cathy. He is the best of the best and saw me through my difficult time. Poor man... I was his first (and hopefully only) leak. After my surgery he actually revised how he did the sleeve. Great man - I actually texted him today to thank him for everything.

I am so sorry to read of the above respondents' leak complications. I had surgery on Wednesday and have had (getting better) horrible pain. I'm nervous, and am curious if if anyone knows what actually causes a leak, or what lends itself to the increased likelihood of getting one.

Again, so sorry for all your troubles. Wishing for health and healing for all of you.

Red

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/22/2019 at 21:18, froufrou said:

That’s so funny... Dr Snyder is my surgeon and I recommend him in a pm to Cathy. He is the best of the best and saw me through my difficult time. Poor man... I was his first (and hopefully only) leak. After my surgery he actually revised how he did the sleeve. Great man - I actually texted him today to thank him for everything.

Yayyy he is my surgeon also!!! Yes very intelligent man!!! The best for sure!! I have surgery scheduled Jan 14. And I have no doubt I am in the best hands.

You are definitely in the best hands. When he says you can text him... you really can. He gives you his cell phone number and he will reply.

On 12/23/2019 at 13:55, froufrou said:

You are definitely in the best hands. When he says you can text him... you really can. He gives you his cell phone number and he will reply.

Yes he said if anyone in the office give me problems txt him and he’ll get them straightened out LOL even though his whole staff is just so amazing and caring and they all have a life and passion for what they do!!! I’m so excited for my surgery Jan 14!!! I’m so ready!! Now just waiting lol