Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

let's get to know each other

Hey all! My name is Trisha. I am single with no kids and I am 26 years old. I was banded on 12/04. I live near Orlando, FL and work at a major newspaper as a sales lead. I recently got my BS degree in Criminal Justice Administration. I hate my job and am looking forward to new opportunities once and a chance to get paid for my degree once I lose some weight. I have been overweight pretty much my whole life. I have PCOS, insulin resistance and hypothyroidism. I was already able to get off one of my meds! Good luck to all of you Merry Losers that have upcoming surgeries!

Michiganer,

You are on your way! That job is just around the corner.

I thought perhaps you were from that state up north. But how fortunate you are to be from Florida. So join me in a huge GO BUCKS. Ha did I out you? Are you really from that state up north? The Wolverines are worthy opponents.

How much have you lost so far?

I am 40, single from Brooklyn,NY. Was with the January 08 crowd until this week when my surgery changed to December 31. I start my liquid diet on Monday, my surgeon requires 2 weeks. I can have 2 cups of veggies a day so that is what is going with my broth.

So, by New Years Eve I will either be dead or raring to go.

liquid diet through 3 Christmas Parties and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.:angry:help:

Hi,

I am a 41 year old father of 5. I have been married for 19 years to a great women. I am VP of a bread Bakery(off all things) in Chicago.

My weight has gone up and down since High School. I am typically an active person. I ran the Chicago Marathon in 2004 while weighing 250+ lbs. I ran for months and only lost 10-15 pounds. I was very discouraged! I basically stopped working out.

I am currently hanging right around 300#'s. My surgery is scheduled for 12/21, one week from today. It has been a year long journey to get me this far.

Michiganer,

You are on your way! That job is just around the corner.

I thought perhaps you were from that state up north. But how fortunate you are to be from Florida. So join me in a huge GO BUCKS. Ha did I out you? Are you really from that state up north? The Wolverines are worthy opponents.

How much have you lost so far?

I don't follow college sports so I don't know too much about the Bucks. I am a HUGE fan of the Orlando Magic though! I am from Michigan originally but have been in FL for about 14 years. I hope to move to Chicago in the next 2 years or so. I started at 331 a little before November and now am at about 290. I could barely drink anything after surgery which is why my weight came off so quickly. I feel better now and I think I have evened out...

Michiganer,

You are positively melting! I know that probably wasn't the best way to lose it, but it's gone just the same.

Here in Ohio, Michigan University is our arch rival. Probably because it's the last game of the season and usually a heartbreaker for one team or the other. But the folks in Michigan just don't seem to have the same passion. Now Michigan fans who live in Ohio are very passionate. I'm not much of a pro-ball fan of any sport... well since John Elway retired.

RonKat,

My DH was banded 2 years ago. Started around 365 (he's 6'2") and down about 140, still losing. He's a truck driver who hauls flour into large bakeries, such as kellogg. It's rough smelling the Cookies and crackers!

Chrissann,

You can do it... just think you'll look so great at all the parties next year!!!

hello everyone i'm 28 and have a 7 year old daughter and been with my byfrnd for 8 yrs ,today i had all my lab work done and i started my liquid diet today surgery date 12-28 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm scared and nervous and excited all at the same time this seems unreal the thought of actually being a normal size

Welcome to the December group all of you! It's good to hear who everyone is and where you are from. We're here to support each other . . . and I know this board was great for me as I was about to go to the hospital . . . and even now I'm lurking around in my spare time. Good luck to everyone!

Chris

I am 40, single from Brooklyn,NY. Was with the January 08 crowd until this week when my surgery changed to December 31. I start my liquid diet on Monday, my surgeon requires 2 weeks. I can have 2 cups of veggies a day so that is what is going with my broth.

So, by New Years Eve I will either be dead or raring to go.

liquid diet through 3 Christmas Parties and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.:angry:help:

Yeah.. I'm on the liquid diet too.. through the holidays. The liquid diet is the hardest thing I've ever had to do!!!! Besides.. the Medifast they make us eat is putrid! I'm doing just broths, and Water.. can't handle that food.

Yay.. a new December Member!

Hi my name is Jenn. I am married and have a 12 year old son. My husband and I own our business and I'm actively involved in my community. I come from a large family of 9 and have a twin sister. I have battled with my weight for most of my adult life and look at my band-date as my second birthday. I am currently on my 2 week liquid diet and have to say this is the most difficult thing I have ever done. My surgeon requires only liquid, no food whatsoever!!! My band-date is 12/26 and I can't wait. I wish you all the best as you move forward in this journey. I'm doing my best hanging on. Oh, I forgot to mention that I live in the Northeast and we are having a major storm here right now.

Jenn

I am newly banded!! December 13th. I am feeling much better today. Yesterday was quite nauseating. I haven't had the gas pain, or vomiting. My incisions are sore when I move too fast, but liquid tylenol is working on that. I am going to work tomorrow, maybe just a few hours at at time each day.

I work for an industrial electrical company, at a large construction site. I do payroll. Mostly sit at a desk. More mental stress than anything physical.

I am 46, married for almost 23 yrs, have 2 grown step-daughters, one 19 yr old son in college and a 13 yr old daughter still at home. Oh, and I am blessed w/4 grandchildren from those beautiful step daughters.

Looking forward to being IN the action w/my family from now on. Racing, boating, hanging out at the playground. Riding the rides at Holiday World w/the kids.

Being able to physically go on some of the mission trips my friends go on and do something other than cook!

The liquids after have been harder for me than anything before. I get to have full liquids tomorrow. I can't wait for yogart, Soup, and Protein drinks again!!!

Best of luck to you all,

Jodie

my name is shelly im from pennsylvania north of pittsburgh i am 29 years old. i had been overweight all my life since the second grade. i tried many thing nothing worked. The only time i ever lost any amount of weight was when i was pregnant. go figure. but them after i had each of my children i would gain it all back and then some. I figured im still young i still have a chance to make my self heathier.

Shelly,

Yes you are still young and how awesome for you to have it done now! You are going to look and feel so good!