Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

let's get to know each other

let's tell each other a little about ourselves. since we are going on this journey together i think it would be nice. what do you think?? you stuff like married? kids? occupation ect

let's tell each other a little about ourselves. since we are going on this journey together i think it would be nice. what do you think?? you stuff like married? kids? occupation ect

Ok I'll start us off. I'm 47, married with no kids. I live in Sydney Australia with my DH of 20 years. I work in a department of our state government and I am a mature age student completing an Arts/Law degree.

We love to travel having been to Europe, Britain, Asis, Canada, the USA (3 times), Morrocco and Turkey. Also been all around Oz and New Zealand. Love crafts and reading. Favourite movie is between Officer and a Gentleman and Pretty Woman - love Richard Geer. Watch WWE Wrestling - mainly so I can eye up all the good looking men:D. Love winter - don't handle the heat well. Love horses, DH and I have some shares in race horses - one day we'll win a big race and have a share in a brood mare in the hope of getting into the breeding side of things.

Look forward to hearing from others.

Danna:bounce:

I'm in. I'm a 35 year old mother of 3. My kids are 13, 3, and 10 months. I live with my kids and my dear husband in NE Montana. I am a jr. high/ high school math teacher in a teeny tiny school of 73 students k-12. My students are part of my family too.

My husband has turned me into a gadget geek along with him. It could be worse if I had more time but for now we spend alot of time online and geocaching when we can. We also enjoy snowmobiling and this summer we bought motorcycles so we could get out and about during the warm season too.

I can't wait to start this new life I'm embarking on. I really want to spend more time playing with my kids outside and enjoying life again. Day 3 of pre-op diet and counting down to til the journey begins.

Looking forward to talking to everyone and making friends with others who can support me and who I can hopefully support too.

Twi

I am the mother of 1 boy 3 1/2 years old. I have been married to my husband for 5 1/2 years. I am a kindergarten teacher in Arlington, Texas. I have been overweight off and on for about 10 years. I am very excited about this new journey that I am going on December 18. I can't wait to get to know all of you. This is exciting to be able to share this with others that will be going through the same thing. I think it is very important to have support from others that have had the surgery.

Kelly:clap2::cheer2:

I'm a 34 year old husband and father of two young children. As a child I would say I was overweight but it was generally written off as being "big-boned" (I got asked if I played football a lot). By the time I graduated high-school I shot through 'obese' and landed in 'morbidly-obese' in no time, where I remain today. I spend my days behind a computer screen and most of my nights there too, which is not helping my current situation. I have tried dieting and exercise in the past with moderate success, but as the diets and exercise are slowly forgotten the weight always comes back.

I am looking forward to being able to shop at 'normal' clothing stores again. I am looking forward to having more energy to spend with my kids. I am looking forward to not being the biggest person in every room I enter, ever.

I am also a teacher. Seems like there are several of us who teach. My surgery is Dec 13th. I am excited and trying to get ready at home. Cleaning out the pantry and refrigerator was this weekends task. It has been very informational and inspiring to read many posts on this site. I feel lucky to be doing this with such great support at home and having outlets like this. Cheers to us for going through this life changing journey.

hello,

i have been married for 29 years to a very supportive and loving husband. i have 2 children 28 and 26 no grand kids yet. i live in pennsylvania. my last pcp appointment is dec 4th then all paper work goes to the insurance co. if approved the dr's office will call with a date. keeping my fingers crossed. and i am done with my christmas shopping..yippee

I use to be super thin as a young adult, hence the nick name. I starting gaining weight slowly but surely over the years. All of a sudden I'm 50 lbs overweight! I'm 45, married for 15 years, love to travel and feel like everything in my life is great except for one thing...I'm self conscience of my weight. A reunion of any kind would throw me over the edge. I'm sure some would barely recognise me today. My husband is skeptical of the surgery but supportive in my goals. I have plenty of fears about this upcoming surgery, I need to stay in the calm zone. I haven't told anybody except for hubby and sister, mainly the shame of getting to this size keeps me quiet about talking to family and friends. I hope to reach my goal of losing 50 lbs. I want to be healthy that's all. Thanks for listening.

I am a 28 year old Registered Nurse working in Women's and Infant's Services at our hospital. I am married with 2 boys (10 and 19 months). When I went to my preop they said that half of their patients were either nurses or teachers!

Anyway, I have been consious of my weight for that last 10 years after having my son. I remember in high school weighing 130 lbs and thinking I was fat. Boy do I wish I could go back there! I have about 80 or so lbs to loose, and I can't do it on my own. I can loose it, but it all comes back with more attached! So my date is Dec. 6. (Next Thursday!)

Good Luck Everyone!

Hi all,

I'm a TX mom of two boys, married 17 yrs. Quite nervous about my decision....are any of you having second thoughts? I read and re-read all the posts and wonder if its worth it...then i see all those nice clothes i cant wear and can't wait to start. I'm glad to be on this forum...

hi all,

Im 32, 5'6" single male. I work as a computer tech for a big company. I made my choice to get surgery cause I was getting very tired being overweight for such a long time and with my sleep apeana problem... i would fall asleep at work couple times a day. hard to have employee respect you when you taking a nap...

So my goal is to hit around 180 pound and I kinow this is going to take some work. I know that once I loose some weight that I will also feel more comfortable in working out.

Dec 3rd... coming soon =O

Hi all,

I'm a TX mom of two boys, married 17 yrs. Quite nervous about my decision....are any of you having second thoughts? I read and re-read all the posts and wonder if its worth it...then i see all those nice clothes i cant wear and can't wait to start. I'm glad to be on this forum...

Oh yeah... I hear you.

Just posted a similar comment on my support group here in Sydney just like that. As I was told I know this is what I want and need and if I was to make a list of pros and cons the pros would win.

You are not alone and as Monday gets closer I get more afraid.

Danna (Head scaredy cat)

I am definitely getting more apprehensive as the days count down. I've started telling more people and it seems the more I tell, the more apprehensive I am. I guess the more I tell, the more who would be disappointed if I backed out.

I justs keep trying to keep my mind focussed on the outcome. I know that I am doing this for me and it is truly what I want. I mean, the reasons I listed in the beginning haven't changed. Maybe I'll start a thread about just that. It might help us all as the time draws closer.

But all the logic in the world doesn't help shut up that little voice that's telling me I need to change my mind. It's the same type of voice that told me I needed to pick up a cigarette for the year after I quit. It's the addiction monster. It is finally figuring out that I'm serious about this and it's not happy!

Because if it, the 6th can't get here soon enough. Thank goodness for you all who are so supportive of everyone. It keeps me encouraged.

I CAN DO THIS!!

Twi

I'm 57, widowed for 17 years - 2 kids and 2 grandkids - all of whom will be living with me again starting the week after my surgery (ugh) because of my d-i-l's medical problems. My daughter lives here but is a grad student and by next fall should be gone to get her doctorate somewhere . . . I've been overweight for 25 years - after two rotten marriages (one is in a mental hospital now, and one drank himself to death) - I used my weight for a shield. This past year it has become an anchor around my neck. My knees can't take it - my hip hurts - and I have arthritis in my back now. The weight HAS to come off . . . from May to Oct I was having to use a cane to walk if I went any distance. I'm to young for that (ok youngsters - don't laugh) .. . I want so much to be "normal" like the rest of the world! I can't wait for Monday!

Chris