Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

55 minutes ago, Sandyyy said:

You are right! I worked really hard the last few days and had another 5 pound weight loss. I will work on patience.

Congrats, I know you feel great. We have all gone through the feelings of despair, even later when you hit those pesky stalls. It is a journey and you will arrive we all do it at different speeds. Again congrats on the hard work.

Sandyy, you might want to look at the big picture. I am now down 21, and it averages out to 5 pounds a week, which is great. Please be gentle with yourself. 8 miles is a lot and you may have to make an adjustment or two. Have you ever watched any of Dr. Duc Vuong's videos on YouTube? Give it a try, it is a lot of good information presented in a no-nonsense manner, a great way to supplement your doctor's instructions.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, Needs advice said:

I had my surgery on Oct 1st. I am almost 4weeks postop, and lost 15lbs the first 2 weeks after surgery, but since then I havent been able to lose anything, in fact I've gained 3lbs. Im very frustrated and feel like I'm failing. Anyone have any advice? Also I can't figure out how to fill out my surgery stats if anyone can help me figure that out?

I am so glad I found your post! I was sleeved on 10/21 and lost 24 pounds in the first month. Today is my 1 month since surgery and I have not lost a pound in 5 days and between yesterday and today, I have gained 2.5. I know it is a marathon, not a sprint... but it is still discouraging and disheartening when I am following the plan and see the scale going the wrong way. I also know that the stalls are normal and expected, but it still doesn't take the sting away from the small uptick on the scale. Gonna try to keep the faith that this IS WORTH IT and we WILL be successful!! 💜

After the first month stalls are common. Mine happen every 5 pounds. Yes they are aggravating and depressing, keep in mind that your body needs a period of adjustment between weight drops. Someone said that 8pounds a month is an average, some more some less. So relax and work the program. You're doing fine.

Update: I did finally get passed my stall after almost 4weeks and have since lost 8lbs. Im down 48 lbs now and am hoping to hit 50 soon. I really appreciate everyone's comments and help during this period of time as it has been both helpful and encouraging to keep going.