Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DISAPPOINTED 😦😔

Soooooo, in the midst of me calling the doc's office to let them know how sick I've been, I find out that my surgery date isn't until....NOVEMBER 25, 2019. What!!!!????????? Really????? And no one had the decency to call me and let me know. The only reason I found out was because the hospital called to cancel my preop appointment I had with them today because it was too early. And I was like huh? 😟 So sure enough, the hospital was right. The receptionist nor the nurse knew that doc told me on 10/1 he wanted to do the surgery on 10/21. Sooooo how did he forget that quick and we had literally just come out the room when I was sick and nauseated then???? Man, I am pissed and disappointed all at the same time. I was supposed to go out of town 11/26. Now I can't because I'll be in the freaking hospital. 😡

Edited by LadyVS

Oh! I'm so sorry that happened to you @LadyVS! I would have been super annoyed too. I mean, you've probably already taken those days off of work and had everything arranged, and now you have to postpone everything by an entire month. OMGosh!

Working for surgeons myself, I see the doctors saying let's do surgery in a few days, when they in actuality have no room for the case according to their already booked schedule. The surgery has to be put out to when the surgeon has an open OR time, which could be several weeks later. BUT, our nurses and schedulers call the patient to let them know. Your physician's office dropped the ball for sure in your case. You should have to hear that when you're already on the liquid diet. I mean, are you now supposed to go back to a normal diet and have to start the liquids all over again in a couple of weeks? That doesn't seem right.

That's No good...my surgeon actually went through his personal planner and we figured out a date together

That's a good question. I'm guessing yes, since surgery is over a month away. Thank you for that explanation. That does make me feel better. The receptionist did reiterate that 11/25 was his next available opening. Doctor should have checked with her before he gave me a date. As for work is concerned, I'm not working so I don't have that problem to worry about. I'm out on disability due to multiple medical issues. Again, thanks @Machalo 🙂.

So sorry that happened. Look at the bright side, it could have been cancelled completely. I think that would suck worse. Try to stay positive.

3 hours ago, LadyVS said:

That's a good question. I'm guessing yes, since surgery is over a month away. Thank you for that explanation. That does make me feel better. The receptionist did reiterate that 11/25 was his next available opening. Doctor should have checked with her before he gave me a date. As for work is concerned, I'm not working so I don't have that problem to worry about. I'm out on disability due to multiple medical issues. Again, thanks @Machalo 🙂.

This sucks but I always try to remind myself that the universe/ God has a bigger plan than i do and to trust that the date change is for your ultimate best good. It might give you more time to emotionally prepare for this journey... right now it seems like it sucks but I bet in hindsight you'll be so happy it happens when it happens. Best of luck...

1 hour ago, Serengirl said:

This sucks but I always try to remind myself that the universe/ God has a bigger plan than i do and to trust that the date change is for your ultimate best good. It might give you more time to emotionally prepare for this journey... right now it seems like it sucks but I bet in hindsight you'll be so happy it happens when it happens. Best of luck...

Yes this is true, but I was supposed to go out of town on the 26th, and my wedding anniversary is Thanksgiving day. 🙁

4 hours ago, Redmaxx said:

So sorry that happened. Look at the bright side, it could have been cancelled completely. I think that would suck worse. Try to stay positive.

True. Thanks.

Update: My surgery has been moved up a week. It's going to be on November 18th. I just hope I can last that long. Having this band still in me is MISERABLE to say the least. I've been really sick these past few days just laying in bed. I finally felt pretty good yesterday and woke up this morning like I wanted to puke every where. I even was in the beginning stages of having a Migraine. I don't know what's the deal with this crazy body of mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hang in there! It will come sooner than you think. Maybe it's not your band this time--could you have a virus or food poisoning?

Your surgery is two days before mine (although I'm going with a bypass). Hope you feel better!

No, it's my band. I found that out earlier this year when it landed me in the hospital. It has slipped. You can't get food poisoning if you can't eat or hold down food. It's definitely not a virus. I haven't been anywhere to get one. Thanks though.

Why are they making you wait so long for your revision if you are so sick? That sounds sorta mean to me!

First available appointment I suppose. At least that's what they said. That was the earliest I could get in.

No longer disappointed!!!! :D Thank God the day has finally arrived and I'm doing well.

5 hours ago, LadyVS said:

No longer disappointed!!!! :D Thank God the day has finally arrived and I'm doing well.

Congratulations 💙