Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Worst Fat Day EVER!

I can't wait to get the Lap-Band on Dec 13th! I had an awful day today that confirmed just how badly I want and NEED this surgery.

It started out with Black Friday shopping. I got halfway through the store and my back locked up so I had to have my husband go get me an electric riding cart.;) I stopped in the middle of the aisle and bent over to get something off the bottom shelf, and I lost control of the cart because my fat stomach pushed the lever to make it go forward and I didn't notice it. That made me go forward and I slammed into this old lady in front of me and knocked her down. It just so happens that she was bent over in front of me, picking something up. When my cart slammed into her rear end, she went flying onto the floor.:faint: Thank God she wasn't hurt but I was so embarrassed and humiliated, I just left the store without finishing up my shopping.

Then I went to the salon to have my hair cut and sat (or squeezed myself rather) in the chair to look at the style book and unfortunately, the chair had arms. (Arms on chairs are not a good thing for me at all.) Somehow, the area between the arm and the seat seemed to act as a suctioning device and all of the fat on my thighs got sucked into the sides of the chair. They called my name to get my haircut and when I went to get up, THE ENTIRE CHAIR CAME WITH ME!:embarassed: I sat back down with the chair attached to my *ss and figured I could inch myself out of the chair, since I had done it many times in the past in similar situations. But NO, NOT TODAY, not on my worst fat day ever! I was STUCK! And I mean stuck. I could not get out of the chair, the sides of my legs were in so much pain. To make a long story short, they had to get a screwdriver and TAKE THE SIDE OF THE CHAIR OFF for me to get out! Meanwhile, two little kids were watching, pointing, and laughing, as if it were some sort of a circus act.:angry Needless to say, I did not get my hair cut today.

To top my day off, I got home and took a nap because of all of the frustration. I must have had a bad dream because I woke up on the floor in front of the couch. THAT was just what I needed. I darn near rocked myself back to sleep trying to get up off the floor, which I finally accomplished with the help of my husband and sister.

I am SOOOOOO ready for this surgery. I just needed to vent for a minute, thanks for letting me. Hopefully, someday in the near future I will look back on this day and find humor in it, but for now, it is NOT cute!

I am so sorry.... What a day!!! Hang in there...

I have had crap days like that before and you are right... Some day you will be laughing and telling the story as a distant funny memory.

My day is 12/5 and although I am looking forward to it, the nerves have started kicking in.

Wishing you the very best on 12/13!!!;)

I am so sorry you had such an bad day. But it is all going to change for you soon. You hang in there. Look forward to hearing about all the wonderful changes in your life as you go forward banded!

Missmonaaz--

I am SO sorry you had such an awful day! I think you have a remarkable attitude and a terrific sense of humor! Believe me, that will serve you well along your upcoming weight-loss journey!

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

You are remarkable for sharing your story with us. I'm so grateful to you because you show me how it should be. I mean, I have a tendency to crawl into a hole and pull the cover over me so that I don't deal with these things.

I'm happy for you that you are in the position to have this surgery. We have much to be grateful for, don't we?

God bless you Mona

Mona:

My heart goes out to you. You'll be so happy once some of those damn pounds come off.

I can remember wondering if a chair would hold me, because one time a chair didn't. It is horrible when an overweight person falls, or breaks a chair.

Thanks for sharing your horrible day, and know that is probably the last bad weight day you will have.

Take care, and best wishes for a very successful banding.

Sue

Wow,

I had one of those bad fat days last month. (I am scheduled to get banded on Nov. 28th.)

I traded a guy a VW beetle (old school) for his 1970 VW bus... While attempting to get it up on the trailer, I dropped something and had to bend over to get it! Well i know you think you know where this is going but it is not. The back of my shorts did not rip ( I would have been ok with that) The FRONT of my shorts just split from waist to the bottom hem! Thats right, THE FRONT! Well, being a guy... ya know things kinda move around and try to get FREE!!!

WELL, needless to say, I am glad I had on a LONG T-shirt.

This company has the best long T's out there for us guys that have extra length to cover up back there! Here is a link. Duluth trading co.

This all happened at my max of 400 lbs! I am well on my way down now.

Can't wait!

I know how you feel. I hated going to new places because I wasn't sure what kind of chairs they had. Would I be able to fit? I was always concerned about whether or not I was too big for a chair or a whatever. I am about two months post op and now I don't worry so much about it. In fact those chairs with arms (which I hated too) are not too small for me anymore. My point is that there is hope. After your surgery you will feel great, like you can do anything. And you will look back on your worst fat day ever and smile b/c things are different and you will never be that person again. Believe me I get it. You are not alone. Good luck on your surgery day. I love the new me, so I know you will love the new you!!!!

Wow, I hate that happened to you. I can feel your pain. You started right where I did. I still have a long way to go, but you will feel so much better with 30, 40, 50 lbs gone forever.

About 3 months before I had my surgery, I went to Atlantic City. I had never had problems walking before, but I managed to make it down the Boardwalk. My back was hurting so bad, I couldn't even make it back down. I felt like I had ruined the whole trip. I had to end up getting one of those walking carts back down the boardlwalk. All I could think was thank God I fit!!

OT: Your pic is so pretty. I love your highlights!!

Thanks for the posting, you have a great attitude! We've all had similar things happen. How about flying and the seatbelts won't fit and you have to ask for an extension. I also was afraid they'd make me pay for an extra seat so the last time I did fly, I had my skinny 12 year old in the next seat. Or when you go to a restaurant and they give you a booth and you don't fit. Or you can get into the booth, but its miserable to get out of so you have your husband stand their so people don't see how much trouble you're having.

Believe me, it will pass. I am so thankful for this band. It's almost too good to be true. Everyday I just marvel as to how I feel and how the weight is coming off. Good luck to you.

Wow-- isn't is amazing how we ALL have similar thoughts/experinces/fears? A chair collapsed under me in a fraternity meeting once (30 years ago) and the guys were just ruthless. And these were my friends!!! I have never forgotten it. In fact that experience comes flooding back whenever I have to sit in a chair that doesn't appear up to the task of supporting me. I wind up sort of sitting/crouching to avoid putting my entire weight on the chair. Ouch! More often I just find a place to stand. Oh to be "normal"...

Aww you poor thing. I know what you mean and have had the embarressing days before... I used to hate going to the hairdressers and sit in the tiny chairs and with the wrap on you look even bigger and then getting your hair washed.. ohh sheesh...

Hang in there, you will look back on that day and chuckle to yourself once you reach your goal..

I wish you all the best and here is the best place to vent about it because most of us can relate to it..

it must be too early in the morning to read in this forum cause this post just made me cry remembering how that felt.I told myself i never wanted to forget how it felt so that id always see the pain when others were going through it.but untill i just read it i had almost forgot how hard life is at that weight. im so happy for you that you will soon be able to feel freedom from your body.my mother is suffering with obesity too and my heart is always big for her knowing she will probably never feel freedom in her life. at least youll get there.

ok i tried to edit my message because i missed a word and messed that up so here goes! i too understand that day, its everyday for alot of us. I think that would be a wonderful goal for me, to go out to dinner with hubby and not have to say NO BOOTH PLEASE! like the skinny lil waitress cant tell i wont fit ( some of them arent too brite and head you for a booth while you sweat with embarrassment) My kids even say that for me, well trained huh, and act like they prefer a table too:phanvan. The way you wrote ur day made me laugh, although i'm sure it wasnt funny, I appreciate ur humor! I think alot of us can say, BEEN THERE DONE THAT! thanks, for that this early, my surgery is Nov 28th and i'm so nervous, somehow that gave me some confidence, remember I dont want to feel that way anymore either, so Thanks!