Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another set back...

Starting to get frustrated with the set backs with my hospitals program requirements. I know it is for the best but between having tests and appointments be postponed and getting more required appointments added I just want to get this done. I finished my last dietary appointment today (the dieticians office cancelled on me once which put me off schedule and I had to start over) and I have what will hopefully be my last psych visit next week (the doctor who does the psych evals never gives the green light on the first visit but I didn’t know this going in to it) so I thought I was finally good to go. But then I got further results of my sleep study they required and they changed me from mild sleep apnea to moderate so now I need to get a cpap and have 4 weeks documented use before I can do my first surgical appointment. It’s extremely discouraging that they make you do every last bit before you can even get your first appointment with the surgery team. I just want to get that process started as I was diagnosed with IIH already had to have a stent in, I am still losing my eyesight, and I want to try this before going through with the shunt. I have been working this for over a year and haven’t cancelled one of my own appointments all the set backs have been a perfect storm that the clinics have had to cancel or postpone things. I just want this done before the end of the year when my insurance is going to both renew the deductible and change providers and have new rules to meet. I met my out of pocket maximum this year. I am ready and just needed a place to vent.

56 minutes ago, Corokel said:

Starting to get frustrated with the set backs with my hospitals program requirements. I know it is for the best but between having tests and appointments be postponed and getting more required appointments added I just want to get this done. I finished my last dietary appointment today (the dieticians office cancelled on me once which put me off schedule and I had to start over) and I have what will hopefully be my last psych visit next week (the doctor who does the psych evals never gives the green light on the first visit but I didn’t know this going in to it) so I thought I was finally good to go. But then I got further results of my sleep study they required and they changed me from mild sleep apnea to moderate so now I need to get a cpap and have 4 weeks documented use before I can do my first surgical appointment. It’s extremely discouraging that they make you do every last bit before you can even get your first appointment with the surgery team. I just want to get that process started as I was diagnosed with IIH already had to have a stent in, I am still losing my eyesight, and I want to try this before going through with the shunt. I have been working this for over a year and haven’t cancelled one of my own appointments all the set backs have been a perfect storm that the clinics have had to cancel or postpone things. I just want this done before the end of the year when my insurance is going to both renew the deductible and change providers and have new rules to meet. I met my out of pocket maximum this year. I am ready and just needed a place to vent.

Welcome to the forum and the IIH club 😌

Same! I started my application process in March 2018 and had my surgery in April 2019. I was probably their most annoying patient lol! I did everything they said right away and when it was their turn to process things they would take FOREVER so I would keep calling to ask if there were any updates and they wouldn't say anything but I knew they were extremely annoyed. Anyway, I was beginning to lose hope when all of a sudden they were like okay everything looks good and we'll call you to schedule a date! It happened all of a sudden so stay hopeful! It'll happen eventually! Good luck! ❤️