Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing Too Much Weight



Recommended Posts

Never thought I'd say this but... I am losing too much weight. I lost 7lbs in the past 2 weeks alone. I just bought a shirt in a Size 1. Yes, I know I am in the "healthy BMI range", but with my build, I am starting to look sickly and freakish. I haven't been to the gym in over 3 weeks and have my account suspended until January 1 because I have a herniated disc and then am having skin removal. So, I haven't been burning a ton of calories (purposely). I am having skin removal on November 19th which will surely take off several pounds and make me look even more rail-thin. I guess I could add an additional Protein Shake in during the day? It's just crazy! When does it end. lol. I have an appointment with my dietitian on the 14th.

I have lost 153lbs in 11 months....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have finally gotten the weight loss to slow down. I think eating purposefully around the clock helped. I also purposely eat higher calorie carbs that get calories in and don't make me feel as full for as long. The crazy thing is it's the exact opposite of what we should do during the weight loss phase. The carbs I have are 1/3 cup of granola Cereal over yogurt or mixed with 1/3 cup milk. It gives me around 150 calories and then I can eat yogurt, an egg or 1-2 oz. of meat 45 minutes later. If i only eat meat and veggies I am too full to get in other foods and only get 1000 calories max. I was loosing on that and wanted to slow it down. Granted I am not eating ice cream and Cookies but still high calories and carbs and it does worry me that this could cause issues but mentally i still feel like eating is a chore and if I could I wouldn't eat a fraction of what i am now . I am hoping as I can tolerate more volume i can make healthier choices. I also can eat a 230 calorie packet of Bevita Breakfast bars in under 10 minutes and eat again 45 minutes later. I have managed to get in 1400 calories the past 2 weeks. I also drink 2% milk and cook my spinach and egg in olive oil, and eat a Tbs of Peanut Butter, and have a RX bar during the day just to get extra calories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I have finally gotten the weight loss to slow down. I think eating purposefully around the clock helped. I also purposely eat higher calorie carbs that get calories in and don't make me feel as full for as long. The crazy thing is it's the exact opposite of what we should do during the weight loss phase. The carbs I have are 1/3 cup of granola Cereal over yogurt or mixed with 1/3 cup milk. It gives me around 150 calories and then I can eat yogurt, an egg or 1-2 oz. of meat 45 minutes later. If i only eat meat and veggies I am too full to get in other foods and only get 1000 calories max. I was loosing on that and wanted to slow it down. Granted I am not eating ice cream and Cookies but still high calories and carbs and it does worry me that this could cause issues but mentally i still feel like eating is a chore and if I could I wouldn't eat a fraction of what i am now . I am hoping as I can tolerate more volume i can make healthier choices. I also can eat a 230 calorie packet of Bevita Breakfast bars in under 10 minutes and eat again 45 minutes later. I have managed to get in 1400 calories the past 2 weeks. I also drink 2% milk and cook my spinach and egg in olive oil, and eat a Tbs of Peanut Butter, and have a RX bar during the day just to get extra calories.

I bought the kid-size RX bars, too. For an extra calorie boost. I also started buying milk to drink for extra calories. My stomach is sooooo sensitive that complex carbs make me sick (like quinoa or any breads or pastas). I tried picking at a biscuit over the weekend. I do have a fear of carbs, too, since that was my vice before. But also so many make me sick so it's two-fold. I'm trying to just work in higher calorie foods of other types. I do feel like I eat a good amount. I don't have nearly the same restriction I did and I get hungry quickly, even after a high Protein meal. I ate a full 6oz steak, a pile of coleslaw, a bowl of Tomato Soup, and green Beans for lunch the other day and was fine. But still losing weight fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

My stomach is sooooo sensitive that complex carbs make me sick

2 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Never thought I'd say this but... I am losing too much weight. I lost 7lbs in the past 2 weeks alone. I just bought a shirt in a Size 1. Yes, I know I am in the "healthy BMI range", but with my build, I am starting to look sickly and freakish. I haven't been to the gym in over 3 weeks and have my account suspended until January 1 because I have a herniated disc and then am having skin removal. So, I haven't been burning a ton of calories (purposely). I am having skin removal on November 19th which will surely take off several pounds and make me look even more rail-thin. I guess I could add an additional Protein Shake in during the day? It's just crazy! When does it end. lol. I have an appointment with my dietitian on the 14th.

I have lost 153lbs in 11 months....

Congrats on your upcoming plastics and at goal.

Are you starting your maintenance phase diet? Have you tried low glycemic carbs? Mashed sweet potato?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: plastics, if you just have excess skin, you won't lose as much as you think. Skin doesn't weigh very much. I think I lost about three pounds. For people starting out with a lot more fat who need Lipo, that might be a different story. (btw - I lost over 200 lbs, so I had quite a bit of excess skin)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little bit of advice as a veteran. You can take it or leave it.....

I wouldn't stress about losing too much. Most people, at least 95%, have a certain amount of "bounce" weight that starts to happen at years 2-5 post op as our metabolisms start to regulate and other reasons. It's usually around 5-10%. I was at the high end of a normal BMI when I met goal, and when it happened to me, I wished I was at the lower end because my 10 pounds put me squarely back into the overweight category of BMI, which really irked me.

I know it's definitely startling to see it, though. Just keep that bounce regain in the back of your mind when you're struggling to slow it down or gain a little back. It will happen naturally after a while 😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sleeved2014 said:

Just a little bit of advice as a veteran. You can take it or leave it.....

I wouldn't stress about losing too much. Most people, at least 95%, have a certain amount of "bounce" weight that starts to happen at years 2-5 post op as our metabolisms start to regulate and other reasons. It's usually around 5-10%. I was at the high end of a normal BMI when I met goal, and when it happened to me, I wished I was at the lower end because my 10 pounds put me squarely back into the overweight category of BMI, which really irked me.

I know it's definitely startling to see it, though. Just keep that bounce regain in the back of your mind when you're struggling to slow it down or gain a little back. It will happen naturally after a while 😘

I agree. I put on 17 lbs after hitting bottom. I was not happy about it, but I knew it was most likely coming. Fortunately, I'm still within a normal BMI most days (I'm on the border line). I know I look better at this weight than I did in my 130s, but still, I miss those 130s!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I need to start tracking my food intake again because I entered what I've had so far today and it is not remotely as much calories as I thought. I am at 50g of carbs but I don't even want to say the calories because... yeah. LOL. I just eat the same thing like every day since so much was making me sick I got into a routine. And I guess that routine stuck at the intake level I was at at 4 months out and not where I should be one year out. I feel like I eat enough though, but I guess I'm not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to lunch and ate a miniature sized piece of cornbread. IT WAS HEAVENLY. Yes, I feel sweaty and ill... but after seeing my calorie intake yesterday, I figured it was OK to indulge. First time truly having anything remotely like that in over a year. Probably never will again because I may currently be dying but hey. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to lunch and ate a miniature sized piece of cornbread. IT WAS HEAVENLY. Yes, I feel sweaty and ill... but after seeing my calorie intake yesterday, I figured it was OK to indulge. First time truly having anything remotely like that in over a year. Probably never will again because I may currently be dying but hey. LOL

Cornbread is a complex carb with sugar. low glycemic carbs may help you feel better when you eat them. Low glycemic brown rice, whole wheat products, and sweet potato. Nothing white or processed. My stomach can't tolerate rice I bloat sweet potato seems to work better hope you find what works for you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lawd. i cannot stop losing weight. i have lost another 2lbs this week, so i am at 131. my dietitian said i gotta stop but aaaaaaaa. it's just happening! what an odd problem to have. today i am restarting Protein Shakes in addition to my meals to boost calories. i HAVE to be able to get to 1100 a day. unf. it's so hard with micro stomach. and so many food intolerances. i want to get super extra Protein in now anyways in prep for the skin removal next month to assist with healing. hopefully 2 shakes a day will help slow or stop the loss and also add in a lot of protein.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

lawd. i cannot stop losing weight. i have lost another 2lbs this week, so i am at 131. my dietitian said i gotta stop but aaaaaaaa. it's just happening! what an odd problem to have. today i am restarting Protein Shakes in addition to my meals to boost calories. i HAVE to be able to get to 1100 a day. unf. it's so hard with micro stomach. and so many food intolerances. i want to get super extra Protein in now anyways in prep for the skin removal next month to assist with healing. hopefully 2 shakes a day will help slow or stop the loss and also add in a lot of Protein.< br />
Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Some tough love.

if you havent already, Join the maintence thread. You will see several people posting exactly the same issues that you are having.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/425802-the-maintenance-thread/?tab=comments#comment-4782396

If you truly want to stop weight loss, Stop eating in weight loss mode. 1100 calories without carbs is still weight loss phase. (Protein shakes will only increase calories)

Most of us with tight surgery restriction had to graze our food in to slow/stop weight loss. Several frequent meals throughout the day. It may feel like a chore eating that frequently.Start your maintenance diet. Add carbs and fats. Low glycemic carbs so you don’t dump. Another option is powdered carbs that you add to Water (cytocarb) or weight gainer Protein Shakes. (no sugar added)

104lbs at 5’3” would put you in the underweight category. you still have wiggle room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda feel like a crazy person now. I got to 130 and I'm back to 133 but now I am sad I am not at 130. Hurray for completely unresolved body dysmorphia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hug's

You are not crazy. *smile*Give it time for your mind to catch up with rapid weight loss. Weird to experience body dysmorphia for yourself, Right? Questions for you. Did you expect to feel this way after goal? What has been your strangest moments with BD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Hug's

You are not crazy. *smile*Give it time for your mind to catch up with rapid weight loss. Weird to experience body dysmorphia for yourself, Right? Questions for you. Did you expect to feel this way after goal? What has been your strangest moments with BD?

I've had BD since childhood. I was always very slim until about 9-10 years ago. I thought I was HUGE when I was 130lbs when I was 20. I had massive liposuction done and didn't see the results I thought I'd get so I got really depressed and that's when I started overeating. I figured I was already SOOOOOO fat I may as well eat whatever I want, too. So, I am not new to BD. lol. Now that I am thin again, I still think I am gigantic. I look in the mirror and still only see fat. Just like I did when I was a kid and thin. All I see are flaws.

Edited by mousecat88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • MissPennyP

      I’m confused 
      · 3 replies
      1. Orgasetiree

        https://eggharborfesthaus.com/desert-kitchen-nm.html

      2. JeffreyAlare

        https://mbig.com.ua/

      3. JeffreyAlare

        https://mbig.com.ua/

    • SabrinaGoddess

      6 Weeks Post Op!

      My world is drastically different! I now walk 3 to 4 miles a day and I’m constantly getting up to move my body! .

      I close my Apple Watch rings daily and about 4 to 6 days a week I double or triple them!

      I have been released to have all foods. When I reintroduce some I need to start at 1 ounce to see how “Tiny Tummy” likes it!

      I am not reintroducing sugars, coffee or junk! I did not pay close to $13,000 to fail! .

      I went to get follow up bloodwork done this week and my numbers are all in the perfect range! .

      This is my new world and I am happy it!

      · 3 replies
      1. Poergierm

        http://oddershedelorentzen42.xtgem.com/

      2. Niz

        https://eggharborfesthaus.com/proton-pack-storage-rack.html

      3. Arabesque

        Congratulations. It’s a great feeling when the weight disappears & you can start to do so much more. 😁

    • ms.sss

      @DaisyChainOz, @Arabesque ... am totally thinking of both of you this very moment as I watch the final set of the Millman-Federer match at the AO... I am riveted and literally screaming at the TV...
      · 3 replies
      1. ms.sss

        BEST. TIEBREAK. EVER.

      2. DaisyChainOz

        haha unfortunately I missed it! Glad you enjoyed though :D

      3. Arabesque

        I didn’t see it either but I wish I had now for both the battle on court & the ball tampering accusations flying around everywhere now.

    • OutbackJo

      Has anyone had a gastric sleeve revision? 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mousiana

      Hate thinking about foods I used to love... Burgers & wings. Gotta stay focused. 😤
      · 2 replies
      1. WilliamZef

        https://gayxxx24.com - GayXXX Free Gay Porn Movies & Videos Free Gay XXX - Gay XXX.

      2. Lyndor

        Think about all you will gain. Seriously, nothing is better than my size 4 jeans!

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×