Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss update 😊! 4 weeks Post-Op Today

This morning I weighted myself for my 4weeks Post Op :)

If you saw my post about what was going on in week 3 you have most likely have read that I had gained 1.4lbs and then my weight wasn’t moving. glad to say today I had lost that 1.4lbs and an additional 1.2lbs making this weeks lost a total of 2.6lbs :)

I know I have only lost 22lbs in 4lbs and that’s amazing but I’m really excited to lose the next 48lbs to get to my first personal goal :)

Weight stats:
Starting HW: 270.6
PRE-Op diet starting weight: 268.3
Surgery weight: 266.8
WEEK 1: -11.6lbs
Week 2: -5.4lbs
Week 3: +1.4lbs
Week 4: -2.6lbs
Total: -22lbs

My personal Goals:
Goal 1: get down to 200lbs (48.6lbs to go 😊)
Goal 2: get down to 180lbs
Goal 3: get down to 160lbs
Goal 4: get down to 135lbs

NSVS:
• I can go in my closet and pick any 2xl clothing and it be fitting just right or lose, and some XL fit nicely :)
• I see the difference in my face and body

Other updates:
• Still have no appetite, still forcing myself to eat for fuel unless I go longer that 3 hours I do get this one feeling of emptiness
• I can tolerate Greek yogurt (texture throws me off but I don’t mind it), tuna, 4 shredded cheese blend or mozzarella/cheese sticks, mashed Beans, steamed zucchini and carrots (yay I been wanting veggies), Atkins French vanilla Protein Shakes, cottage cheese, reduced fat ritz crackers, scrambled eggs
• can’t tolerate chocolate flavored Atkins Protein Shake, I get sick with nausea
• my Water intake is improving, getting closer and closer to 64oz

1 hour ago, Bianca S. said:

If you saw my post about what was going on in week 3 you have most likely have read that I had gained 1.4lbs and then my weight wasn’t moving. glad to say today I had lost that 1.4lbs and an additional 1.2lbs making this weeks lost a total of 2.6lbs :)

I know I have only lost 22lbs in 4lbs and that’s amazing but I’m really excited to lose the next 48lbs to get to my first personal goal :)

Weight stats:

My personal Goals:
Goal 1: get down to 200lbs (48.6lbs to go 😊)

NSVS:
• I can go in my closet and pick any 2xl clothing and it be fitting just right or lose, and some XL fit nicely :)

Other updates:
• Still have no appetite, still forcing myself to eat for fuel unless I go longer that 3 hours I do get this one feeling of emptiness
• I can tolerate Greek yogurt (texture throws me off but I don’t mind it), tuna, 4 shredded cheese blend or mozzarella/cheese sticks, mashed Beans, steamed zucchini and carrots (yay I been wanting veggies), Atkins French vanilla Protein Shakes, cottage cheese, reduced fat ritz crackers, scrambled eggs
• can’t tolerate chocolate flavored Atkins Protein Shake, I get sick with nausea

So very happy to hear things are changing like the veterans says they would. No worries - you will accomplish all your set goals love! I have my 3 week follow up tomorrow. Can't eat a lot either. No interest in food - not complaining though. This is just a HUGE change for me but I'm eating & drinking every 2-3 hours as well. I had egg salad for lunch (only ate half) will try to eat other half in an hour or so. Sipping on my H2O - WE GOT THIS!

On 09/16/2019 at 11:36, HipHopDiva said:

So very happy to hear things are changing like the veterans says they would. No worries - you will accomplish all your set goals love! I have my 3 week follow up tomorrow. Can't eat a lot either. No interest in food - not complaining though. This is just a HUGE change for me but I'm eating & drinking every 2-3 hours as well. I had egg salad for lunch (only ate half) will try to eat other half in an hour or so. Sipping on my H2O - WE GOT THIS!

Yes definitely 😊

How are you doing?

22 lbs in the first month is pretty normal. I haven't done or seen any scientific research on this, but just from hanging out on this and other bariatric boards for the last five years or so, it seems most people lose in the 15-25 lb range the first month. So if anything, you're on the higher end of that. Congrats!!

Congratulations Bianca!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji119][emoji119]

I had my four weeks post OP on the 13th so 3 days ago on Friday which is the day I weigh myself as well.
I'm also down 21lbs and it has been truly truly awesome!!! I've NEVER lost that much in a month.

I've been keeping to at least 15K steps a day but now that my body has adjusted to the expected caloric intake, I've gone to spin class twice in past week + September challenge on this site and I am feeling generally good. The compliments from friends and family have poured in but I still have a long ways to go so I don't get swayed by it.

There's definitely a pep to my step only because I feel so good about the prospect of the future. And you can feel the weight loss on a daily basis especially in inches if not the scale.< br>
I've been battling Constipation which is NOT fun and finally resigned myself to daily miralax.....was hoping it was going to be the case. Oh well, win A LOt and lose some![emoji2]

Thanks for your update, we'll keep sharing!!🧡

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

This is awesome.💗 Love hearing people's updates, it keeps me so motivated. Congrats!

Weight stats:

My personal Goals:
Goal 1: get down to 200lbs (48.6lbs to go [emoji4])

NSVS:

Other updates:

Congrats, you are doing great!!![emoji4]

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 238
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations Bianca!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji119][emoji119]

I had my four weeks post OP on the 13th so 3 days ago on Friday which is the day I weigh myself as well.
I'm also down 21lbs and it has been truly truly awesome!!! I've NEVER lost that much in a month.

I've been keeping to at least 15K steps a day but now that my body has adjusted to the expected caloric intake, I've gone to spin class twice in past week + September challenge on this site and I am feeling generally good. The compliments from friends and family have poured in but I still have a long ways to go so I don't get swayed by it.

There's definitely a pep to my step only because I feel so good about the prospect of the future. And you can feel the weight loss on a daily basis especially in inches if not the scale.< br>
I've been battling Constipation which is NOT fun and finally resigned myself to daily miralax.....was hoping it was going to be the case. Oh well, win A LOt and lose some![emoji2]

Thanks for your update, we'll keep sharing!!🧡

Congrats, that is awesome!!!

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 238
GW 135

Congrats, that is awesome!!!

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 238
GW 135

Thanks Flo-grown!!! I am watching and following your lead!!![emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji112][emoji112][emoji112]🧡