Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Today I finally reached Onederland. 199.3 pounds. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I finally reached Onederland. 199.3 pounds. :)

Congratulations!!!![emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322] Please never be too shy to announce a success!! It's inspiring for us newbies and I bet you are darn proud of yourself!! I am!🧡🧡🧡[emoji122][emoji122][emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reached 199.7. I actually did a double take. [emoji38]
Congratulations [emoji322][emoji322][emoji112]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Colorado Cowgirl said:

I reached 199.7. I actually did a double take. 😆

I know those feels!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AngieBear said:

Well done!!!

Thanks so much!!!!! I CANNOT believe it. My surgeon wants me at 180 two weeks from now, hehe, but this right here 199 is enough to make me happy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Deedee12 said:

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Many many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Prolly need to list both good and bad things I did, after all as one of you has reminded me this is great inspiration for all my surgery buddies here on BariatricPal... so here goes...

The Good: I ate mostly veggies, and used tofu, chicken, seafood and occasional beef stir fry bits for my Protein. Kept protein at the top of my mind 365: protein went in first ahead of everything. Remembered to drink milk, at least every few days. I take the bari Vitamins religiously. Bought a scale and got on it daily: every morning just to check. Started walking as soon as my surgery permitted (for me it was one week which surprised me), eventually ramped this up to walking, squats, light short runs then bicycling, biking is the easiest and most fun. Absolutely stopped buying the bad things I used to eat before and did not allow them even into the house, this includes Baked Lays BBQ Potato chips, white Asian rice for steaming Chinese style, and cut back on sushi, my weakness. I also gave away my rice steamer. Smartest thing I ever did. When Pouch signals I'm full -- hiccups, tightening chest sensation, nausea -- I stop eating. Late at night when I crave a salty snack, I eat either a little kimchi or a couple pickle slices, instead of the potato chips that I used to. Does the trick.

The Bad (Naughty): I resumed red wine drinking after surgery and you are not supposed to. I retried beer and cocktails too. Eventually lost all taste for those. Cannot resist Reunite Lambrusco: it's fairly low in calories (but high in sugar). So far Pouch has taken to lambrusco fine but dislikes other alcohols. I enjoy it in extreme moderation, about two ounces an evening if that. No weight gained as a result. But other bad things, I do not exercise as much, as hard or as often as my surgeon wants. I also do not drink any Protein Shakes. Except for wine, I have always just kind of hated sugar and sweet things and all protein shakes taste gross to me, like a milkshake. So I have to get my protein in other ways and mine are tofu and cut up chicken thighs for the most part.

Stuff the Pouch did and I had nothing to do with I think: My appetite died after my RNY procedure. I maybe eat a cup of food a day and that's almost forcing it. I have no sweet tooth and prefer hot, salty and spicy, so I never eat ice cream, candy, cake or pie. I do eat an occasional small piece of cookie when drinking my weekly milk. I have way more energy now so I exercise more than I did pre-surgery, but I believe it's because of my weight loss.

I hope this is inspirational and helps!

Edited by beautifuldaymonster
Forgot to mention bari vitamins, and that my pickles replace potato chip salt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

Today I finally reached Onederland. 199.3 pounds. :)

Big congrats to you! It's been decades since I was near 200, yet alone under it, that is fantastic, happy for you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to add a thing here: how about "surprises"? New things I discovered and adjusted to.

Surprises after the RNY gastric bypass: I used to hate bread, but now I not only can tolerate a mouthful of bread, I kind of like it, especially soft flaky croissants. I don't eat these often. I used to love potato. I don't anymore. I still enjoy pizza: beware pizza!

Things about WL surgery I experienced and you might and might like: Pain in your knees, ankles, lower legs, back and feet may go away. Mine did and quickly, suddenly. I wasn't prepared for this. Took me by surprise. Your energy to do physical activities may increase and you'll find yourself spontaneously doing stuff you didn't before and might not be used to or psychologically ready for (like dating). My big surprises are I find myself just suddenly feeling "let's go for a bike ride" and off I go, on my pedals, unable to prevent it, lol! You suddenly "just want to walk there instead" and leave behind the car. "I'll take the stairs" not the elevator: your body reacts to challenges like a kid does -- watch and see, lemme take them stairs! Ha ha! Increased male eyeballs and attention: rather awesome but I'm still not used to it. Warning: it will not be just the eyeballs of guys you would want checking you out -- they all will and they all do! Be prepared! The way and position you sleep in might change. Your sleep habits might also change. Strangers might become much nicer to you, opening conversations with you in the store and such...

Big surprise: your pouch will shrink. For me it was the fourth month. When it does, you may notice increasing nausea while eating amounts you previously could. Your surgeon might advise you to eat even less than you are eating, which already is not much, right? Listen to him or her; they know the right steps. When you suddenly cannot eat as much as you did yesterday and your surgeon says to suddenly eat less, the pouch is shrinking, and this is normal, I was told. (ymmv.) Nobody told me pre-surgery the pouch shrinks in order to spur subsequent weight loss phases in your first year. In my case at least, it does and did. Go with this process. It will help you lose even more weight!

Forgive yourself for: Falling off the wagon and eating le bad thing. As long as you do not throw up or do not feel pain, and if your surgeon and/or regular doc say you're okay, you did not stretch the pouch or do a bad thing. If you stretch or tear the pouch, according to my doctor, you will know instantly because you will be subjected to the worst pain since you woke up from surgery. He said it's unmistakable and you will know. If you do not feel this horrible scream inducing ripping tearing pain you did not stretch beyond or tear your pouch. This is not license to eat poorly! Finally, unless I think of more to add, forgive yourself for stalls. Stalling is normal, it does not mean your surgery is failing, it just means your body is catching up. You're putting it through a lot, be kind and merciful. Give yourself patience. If you continue to drink Water, eat as prescribed and exercise, one day you will just notice the stall has ended and you lost a little more weight.

Trust The Process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mlmx1138 said:

Big congrats to you! It's been decades since I was near 200, yet alone under it, that is fantastic, happy for you!!

You will be here too! Look me up and PM me when you hit 199. I'll come cheering for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

I'd like to add a thing here: how about "surprises"? New things I discovered and adjusted to.

Surprises after the RNY gastric bypass: I used to hate bread, but now I not only can tolerate a mouthful of bread, I kind of like it, especially soft flaky croissants. I don't eat these often. I used to love potato. I don't anymore. I still enjoy pizza: beware pizza!

Things about WL surgery I experienced and you might and might like: Pain in your knees, ankles, lower legs, back and feet may go away. Mine did and quickly, suddenly. I wasn't prepared for this. Took me by surprise. Your energy to do physical activities may increase and you'll find yourself spontaneously doing stuff you didn't before and might not be used to or psychologically ready for (like dating). My big surprises are I find myself just suddenly feeling "let's go for a bike ride" and off I go, on my pedals, unable to prevent it, lol! You suddenly "just want to walk there instead" and leave behind the car. "I'll take the stairs" not the elevator: your body reacts to challenges like a kid does -- watch and see, lemme take them stairs! Ha ha! Increased male eyeballs and attention: rather awesome but I'm still not used to it. Warning: it will not be just the eyeballs of guys you would want checking you out -- they all will and they all do! Be prepared! The way and position you sleep in might change. Your sleep habits might also change. Strangers might become much nicer to you, opening conversations with you in the store and such...

Big surprise: your pouch will shrink. For me it was the fourth month. When it does, you may notice increasing nausea while eating amounts you previously could. Your surgeon might advise you to eat even less than you are eating, which already is not much, right? Listen to him or her; they know the right steps. When you suddenly cannot eat as much as you did yesterday and your surgeon says to suddenly eat less, the pouch is shrinking, and this is normal, I was told. (ymmv.) Nobody told me pre-surgery the pouch shrinks in order to spur subsequent weight loss phases in your first year. In my case at least, it does and did. Go with this process. It will help you lose even more weight!

Forgive yourself for: Falling off the wagon and eating le bad thing. As long as you do not throw up or do not feel pain, and if your surgeon and/or regular doc say you're okay, you did not stretch the pouch or do a bad thing. If you stretch or tear the pouch, according to my doctor, you will know instantly because you will be subjected to the worst pain since you woke up from surgery. He said it's unmistakable and you will know. If you do not feel this horrible scream inducing ripping tearing pain you did not stretch beyond or tear your pouch. This is not license to eat poorly! Finally, unless I think of more to add, forgive yourself for stalls. Stalling is normal, it does not mean your surgery is failing, it just means your body is catching up. You're putting it through a lot, be kind and merciful. Give yourself patience. If you continue to drink Water, eat as prescribed and exercise, one day you will just notice the stall has ended and you lost a little more weight.

Trust The Process.

Wow! You said it all. Thanks for your wise words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Colorado Cowgirl said:

Wow! You said it all. Thanks for your wise words.

Thank you... I only hope I stay with it and become who I was again when I was small. Thanks so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • SabrinaGoddess

      Banded in 2009; Unbanded 2012
      Lived life 2012-2019 struggling with weight again and massive depression
      The decision to have Gastric Sleeve made Oct. 17th, 2019
      Contacted my doc for inital consultation (Oct 30th)
      Self Pay
      Here we go....finally getting back to ME
      Created a new blog to journal ALL of my thoughts and progresses
      www.SabrinaGoddess.com
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      So my surgery anniversary date is on the 24th of this month, but I had my 1-year follow up early with my surgeon this morning (I have another 1-year followup at the hospital on Monday to get my bloodwork and labs done).
      Anyhoo...my surgeon was very pleased with my results (and so where the office staff apparently, because 3 of the front desk ladies came by my exam room to give me props/high fives/generally gawk at me).
      But get this: he asked if I would be willing to come in for a future photoshoot so that I could be on a poster! And I was all, ummmm....no thanks, LOL.
      · 2 replies
      1. SabrinaGoddess

        Why? You worked hard! You can do it!

      2. ms.sss

        I guess I could, but the idea of being out there for all to see just skeeves me out! Nope, not for me ;)

    • Krestel

      Today was a really tough day and I turned to food (and a watered down glass of wine). The interesting part was that I felt REALLY full after eating half my go to cheat snack, tortilla chips with cheese. So the GBP is doing its job!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Nomorepasta

      Does anyone know how to change specific info on ur profile ex. Surgery date weight etc. ?..
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      The only way I can tell that I'm losing weight is from the scale and my clothes "getting bigger".
      · 1 reply
      1. nenes78

        When logged in, click on your username up top then choose my surgery, from there choose your option on the left menu. Or click the link https://www.bariatricpal.com/patients/portal/?do=progress

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×