Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Today I finally reached Onederland. 199.3 pounds. :)

Congratulations!!!![emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322] Please never be too shy to announce a success!! It's inspiring for us newbies and I bet you are darn proud of yourself!! I am!🧡🧡🧡[emoji122][emoji122][emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reached 199.7. I actually did a double take. [emoji38]
Congratulations [emoji322][emoji322][emoji112]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Colorado Cowgirl said:

I reached 199.7. I actually did a double take. 😆

I know those feels!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AngieBear said:

Well done!!!

Thanks so much!!!!! I CANNOT believe it. My surgeon wants me at 180 two weeks from now, hehe, but this right here 199 is enough to make me happy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Deedee12 said:

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Many many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Prolly need to list both good and bad things I did, after all as one of you has reminded me this is great inspiration for all my surgery buddies here on BariatricPal... so here goes...

The Good: I ate mostly veggies, and used tofu, chicken, seafood and occasional beef stir fry bits for my Protein. Kept protein at the top of my mind 365: protein went in first ahead of everything. Remembered to drink milk, at least every few days. I take the bari Vitamins religiously. Bought a scale and got on it daily: every morning just to check. Started walking as soon as my surgery permitted (for me it was one week which surprised me), eventually ramped this up to walking, squats, light short runs then bicycling, biking is the easiest and most fun. Absolutely stopped buying the bad things I used to eat before and did not allow them even into the house, this includes Baked Lays BBQ Potato chips, white Asian rice for steaming Chinese style, and cut back on sushi, my weakness. I also gave away my rice steamer. Smartest thing I ever did. When Pouch signals I'm full -- hiccups, tightening chest sensation, nausea -- I stop eating. Late at night when I crave a salty snack, I eat either a little kimchi or a couple pickle slices, instead of the potato chips that I used to. Does the trick.

The Bad (Naughty): I resumed red wine drinking after surgery and you are not supposed to. I retried beer and cocktails too. Eventually lost all taste for those. Cannot resist Reunite Lambrusco: it's fairly low in calories (but high in sugar). So far Pouch has taken to lambrusco fine but dislikes other alcohols. I enjoy it in extreme moderation, about two ounces an evening if that. No weight gained as a result. But other bad things, I do not exercise as much, as hard or as often as my surgeon wants. I also do not drink any Protein Shakes. Except for wine, I have always just kind of hated sugar and sweet things and all protein shakes taste gross to me, like a milkshake. So I have to get my protein in other ways and mine are tofu and cut up chicken thighs for the most part.

Stuff the Pouch did and I had nothing to do with I think: My appetite died after my RNY procedure. I maybe eat a cup of food a day and that's almost forcing it. I have no sweet tooth and prefer hot, salty and spicy, so I never eat ice cream, candy, cake or pie. I do eat an occasional small piece of cookie when drinking my weekly milk. I have way more energy now so I exercise more than I did pre-surgery, but I believe it's because of my weight loss.

I hope this is inspirational and helps!

Edited by beautifuldaymonster
Forgot to mention bari vitamins, and that my pickles replace potato chip salt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

Today I finally reached Onederland. 199.3 pounds. :)

Big congrats to you! It's been decades since I was near 200, yet alone under it, that is fantastic, happy for you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to add a thing here: how about "surprises"? New things I discovered and adjusted to.

Surprises after the RNY gastric bypass: I used to hate bread, but now I not only can tolerate a mouthful of bread, I kind of like it, especially soft flaky croissants. I don't eat these often. I used to love potato. I don't anymore. I still enjoy pizza: beware pizza!

Things about WL surgery I experienced and you might and might like: Pain in your knees, ankles, lower legs, back and feet may go away. Mine did and quickly, suddenly. I wasn't prepared for this. Took me by surprise. Your energy to do physical activities may increase and you'll find yourself spontaneously doing stuff you didn't before and might not be used to or psychologically ready for (like dating). My big surprises are I find myself just suddenly feeling "let's go for a bike ride" and off I go, on my pedals, unable to prevent it, lol! You suddenly "just want to walk there instead" and leave behind the car. "I'll take the stairs" not the elevator: your body reacts to challenges like a kid does -- watch and see, lemme take them stairs! Ha ha! Increased male eyeballs and attention: rather awesome but I'm still not used to it. Warning: it will not be just the eyeballs of guys you would want checking you out -- they all will and they all do! Be prepared! The way and position you sleep in might change. Your sleep habits might also change. Strangers might become much nicer to you, opening conversations with you in the store and such...

Big surprise: your pouch will shrink. For me it was the fourth month. When it does, you may notice increasing nausea while eating amounts you previously could. Your surgeon might advise you to eat even less than you are eating, which already is not much, right? Listen to him or her; they know the right steps. When you suddenly cannot eat as much as you did yesterday and your surgeon says to suddenly eat less, the pouch is shrinking, and this is normal, I was told. (ymmv.) Nobody told me pre-surgery the pouch shrinks in order to spur subsequent weight loss phases in your first year. In my case at least, it does and did. Go with this process. It will help you lose even more weight!

Forgive yourself for: Falling off the wagon and eating le bad thing. As long as you do not throw up or do not feel pain, and if your surgeon and/or regular doc say you're okay, you did not stretch the pouch or do a bad thing. If you stretch or tear the pouch, according to my doctor, you will know instantly because you will be subjected to the worst pain since you woke up from surgery. He said it's unmistakable and you will know. If you do not feel this horrible scream inducing ripping tearing pain you did not stretch beyond or tear your pouch. This is not license to eat poorly! Finally, unless I think of more to add, forgive yourself for stalls. Stalling is normal, it does not mean your surgery is failing, it just means your body is catching up. You're putting it through a lot, be kind and merciful. Give yourself patience. If you continue to drink Water, eat as prescribed and exercise, one day you will just notice the stall has ended and you lost a little more weight.

Trust The Process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mlmx1138 said:

Big congrats to you! It's been decades since I was near 200, yet alone under it, that is fantastic, happy for you!!

You will be here too! Look me up and PM me when you hit 199. I'll come cheering for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

I'd like to add a thing here: how about "surprises"? New things I discovered and adjusted to.

Surprises after the RNY gastric bypass: I used to hate bread, but now I not only can tolerate a mouthful of bread, I kind of like it, especially soft flaky croissants. I don't eat these often. I used to love potato. I don't anymore. I still enjoy pizza: beware pizza!

Things about WL surgery I experienced and you might and might like: Pain in your knees, ankles, lower legs, back and feet may go away. Mine did and quickly, suddenly. I wasn't prepared for this. Took me by surprise. Your energy to do physical activities may increase and you'll find yourself spontaneously doing stuff you didn't before and might not be used to or psychologically ready for (like dating). My big surprises are I find myself just suddenly feeling "let's go for a bike ride" and off I go, on my pedals, unable to prevent it, lol! You suddenly "just want to walk there instead" and leave behind the car. "I'll take the stairs" not the elevator: your body reacts to challenges like a kid does -- watch and see, lemme take them stairs! Ha ha! Increased male eyeballs and attention: rather awesome but I'm still not used to it. Warning: it will not be just the eyeballs of guys you would want checking you out -- they all will and they all do! Be prepared! The way and position you sleep in might change. Your sleep habits might also change. Strangers might become much nicer to you, opening conversations with you in the store and such...

Big surprise: your pouch will shrink. For me it was the fourth month. When it does, you may notice increasing nausea while eating amounts you previously could. Your surgeon might advise you to eat even less than you are eating, which already is not much, right? Listen to him or her; they know the right steps. When you suddenly cannot eat as much as you did yesterday and your surgeon says to suddenly eat less, the pouch is shrinking, and this is normal, I was told. (ymmv.) Nobody told me pre-surgery the pouch shrinks in order to spur subsequent weight loss phases in your first year. In my case at least, it does and did. Go with this process. It will help you lose even more weight!

Forgive yourself for: Falling off the wagon and eating le bad thing. As long as you do not throw up or do not feel pain, and if your surgeon and/or regular doc say you're okay, you did not stretch the pouch or do a bad thing. If you stretch or tear the pouch, according to my doctor, you will know instantly because you will be subjected to the worst pain since you woke up from surgery. He said it's unmistakable and you will know. If you do not feel this horrible scream inducing ripping tearing pain you did not stretch beyond or tear your pouch. This is not license to eat poorly! Finally, unless I think of more to add, forgive yourself for stalls. Stalling is normal, it does not mean your surgery is failing, it just means your body is catching up. You're putting it through a lot, be kind and merciful. Give yourself patience. If you continue to drink Water, eat as prescribed and exercise, one day you will just notice the stall has ended and you lost a little more weight.

Trust The Process.

Wow! You said it all. Thanks for your wise words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Colorado Cowgirl said:

Wow! You said it all. Thanks for your wise words.

Thank you... I only hope I stay with it and become who I was again when I was small. Thanks so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • veisor  »  Panda333

      Hi!
      Thank you for replying.   It means the world to me.  It also confirmed what I been feeling about which procedure to choose.   I fall into the category as you do and elected the sleeve as it seemed to be less invasive and recovery would be better and faster,  however I am so afraid to regain the weight back since I rarely eat and obesity runs in my family.   I have two siblings that had the bypass and they have been successful.  My sister was in the high 400's and is about 140 now and has been for several years since her procedure.  I guess I felt that the sleeve would allow me to have more control, however I realized that I can't control my genetics and that is one of the biggest reasons that I am here.  Yes, I have not always made the best choices but trust me when I say that I have been on the loss and regain + more rollercoaster weight ride for yrs! I have spent so much money as I am sure you have as well as many others who are going through this.  It is not easy and anyone who thinks this is a copout is crazy!!! This has been harder than anything I have done including hiring a personal trainer to kick my butt in the gym! And still with all the gym hours, clean eating "not to mention the clean eating cost" I knew it was time that I moved to the next step to finally be who I know in my head and heart cause when I see myself in the mirror,  well let's just say is not the girl I see in my mind. 
      So thanks again for your reply and I hope that we can keep in touch through our journey. 
      😊
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • AggiG

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Pookeyism

      I'm going in for a sleeve revision October 4th. It worked well for me, and I am not back to my starting weight. However, a revision is strongly encouraged at this time (there are additional medical issues). I have decided to forgo the insurance process, even though I know I would eventually be approved. "Eventually" is the key issue here. I have a small window to create this to where it will not impact my work or home life as much, and waiting for the insurance approval would take over a year.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      I just read @BoredCW's status post and also want to lament the loss of my butt.  Looking at me the side, my back is basically flat from my neck to my knees.  My jeans have lovely fabric folds draping from my backside from lack of filling.
      Two days ago, I was sitting on a worn couch at the gym and I could feel the springs and count how many I was sitting on.  Told the Kid and she said she wants to find her childhood alphabet fridge magnets in the basement to spell out words and have me sit on them and do some "butt-braille-reading" 😂
      · 5 replies
      1. FluffyChix

        HI-LAR-ious! I love your kid!!!

        Yeah, we all suffer from noassatall syndrome. :(

      2. 2Bsmaller18

        Yes. I think the spandex in jeans is the only thing that helps keep the sag below the pockets form looking ridiculous. Even leggings wrinkle there.

      3. ms.sss

        Ah, our disappearing collective butts.

        I am seriously considering changing my plastics plan. I am booked for an arm lift in December, but my summer obsession with arm exercises has improved the look of them quite a bit to the point that I think I may hate my butt more than my arms. Should I do a butt lift instead?!?! In conjunction with?!?!?

        I am trying to cultivate an obsession with butt exercises but its not working so far...

      4. 2Bsmaller18

        I don't think you could do both at the same time. For me personally it's arms. I have granny wrinkles down to my elbows. I can always dover my body with tshirts, pants, etc but unless I wear long sleeves my arms are an issue. I also can't wear a small enough jacket since it fits everywhere but too tight in the arms. They measure around 13.5 inches. Can you compromise and get the smaller arm lift. I don't know if that saves much $ or recovery but if your arms improved that much maybe just a tweek will work?

      5. ms.sss

        The difference in price for a mini arm lift and the full arm lift at my surgeon is less thank 2K and probably not worth the savings. May as well pay the extra bit and get the full arm lift as my sag also reaches my elbows. You are right though, my arms see the light of day way more than my butt does...I'll have to see if the continued butt exercises will change my mind down the road (but it's looking more and more that a butt lift is in my future)

        P.S. At the beginning of my 2 week pre-op diet, my upper right arm measured 17.75 inches in circumference. Now its 10. And that is with the extra skin still.

    • BoredCW

      On the 3 week plateau from hell.. It seems like an endless desert with sand dunes that represent the 1-2 pounds gain then dropped from day to day. Met with my weight loss group tonight and was told its normal. That this is sometimes like a step, plateau then drop, plateau then drop. Only for the plateau's to go on longer the farther away from the surgery date I get. Much like EDM, I can't wait for the drop. 
      On top of it all, I lost my ass. Seriously.. its gone. All that cushion that I enjoyed lounging on eating what ever I ate, watching what ever was on the computer or tv... is gone. That glorious support system is vamoosed. I know this because my ass (tailbone) hurts all the time. I'm sitting on bone now and its sore. I am my own literal Pain in the Ass! (My family would say whats new, but who cares about them.. my butt hurts.) I have yet to bring a pillow with me everywhere I go to sit on, but I'm getting ready to as I sit for my job working on computers. So far losing the weight is a Pain. I hope it gets better. 
      · 2 replies
      1. ms.sss

        Hang in there, the plateau will end eventually. Also I feel you on the butt thing.

      2. FluffyChix

        I have a butt pillow. I'm not proud. :D

        The plateaus suck!!!! Keep the faith and motor on!

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×