Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany GA bandsters - speak up...

lojo~ I never had to swallow the chalk stuff. Not sure about everyone else though. I'm glad you are doing okay.

Welcome countrysunbh! Check out the Bagnato Bandits forum. Everyone usually posts in that forum. We haven't used this thread in a while, lol. Here's the link --> Bagnato Bandits - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

Hi I'm getting banded by Dr. Bagnato on Dec. 31 cant wait! Omg did any of you have to do sugar busters? If so, can you eat cold Cereal, what kind if so? I love cereal and that is all I'm craving right now,lol!!!

I haven't been here in awhile. Alot of my friends are getting the surgery and I feel I need to get back in the game. Going to start reading for motivation.

Hey ya'll I got my band put in by Dr. Bagnato on the 30th. Still on liquids and in pain. Hope everyone is doing good.

Hello everyone:

I had my surgery in February 2008 with Dr. Bagnato. I am just a few pounds short of reaching my first goal of losing 100lbs. I'm a slow loser, but I'm still losing. And for that, I can't complain.

I am looking for any good humored, good natured lap band buddies in the area. I'm doing alright with my band, but I just don't have much of a support system. I would love to meet some people who understand what I we are going through. I know about the Support Meetings held at the bariatric center, but due to my job I end up not being able to attend many of those. :thumbup:

I used to go to the Bagnato Bandit boards alot, and you have no idea how motivating that board was. Sadly, it just kinda fizzled out and peopel stopped posting.

So if you are interested, let me know.

I am in a funk, as I began to eat around the band and put some weight back on. I lost a lot of weight very quickly, then stopped losing, then put some back on.

Recently, I've had to get most of my Fluid taken out due to severe reflux and heartburn, so I have had NO restriction.

I know this is a tool, but I need to get back into the habit of using it.

I would like a band buddy too, Sabrina, if you are interested.

Paragirl and Brina - count me in also. I've had a rough 6-8 months. I've gained about 20 pounds and need to get my head back on straight again. Had a fill a week ago and maybe it'll stay for awhile. My band seems to have a leak. I get a fill to 7 cc and when I go back in I'm between 5 and 6 and that's where it stays. I'm at 7.5 at the moment and go back in the first week of April for another. I really need to stay around 7.5 o maybe even 8. I also need to stay away from the sweets.

Glad to hear from both of you. Lets keep in touch, maybe we can keep each other going.

Sounds good nip. Are you local? I am here in Albany.

Paragirl - No I'm in Douglas. That's part of my problem. I have to plan a day off work to get a fill and it's a little too long to go for an evening support group.

Hello Everyone:

I'm checking in for the week.

Things are okay. I fell off the exercise wagon due to a bad combination of being consumed by work and being too tired to do anythign but sleep after being too consumed by work. I hate that cycle.

However, Leslie Sansone and I will be back at it this coming week.

I actually left the house this weeking and attended this amazingly fun class about Gourds. I had no clue that gourd making was such a big thing until I attended the class. I know I'll be going back.

I went to that class with no sleep. And I am not exaggerating. At 6 pm Friday i realized I had been up 24 hours with no sleep. Seriously. But in that time, i made a discovery. When i am up and doing something I like to do, I dont get hungry. Before I went to the class i got a large popcorn chicken, tater tots, and a large cranberry slush from Sonics. Yes, terrible choices, but it was quick, I dont do that often, and I was starved. It took me about 8 hours to eat the popcorn chicken. Not because they got stuck or anything, i was just so into gourding and laughing with the fun people I was with that I was not really into eating. When I did get a littel hungry, I'd eat 2-3 pieces then go back to gourding, and repeat. When I got home, I threw out the tater tots because I had not touched them, put the remainign half of the drink the fridge. I wandered around the house for a lil bit, took a shower then went to bed.

Friday, i had nothing to do. I sat around the house and ate crap. Then I realized there were a few more things I wanted to do to my gourd. I worked on that for about an hour. I looked up and realized that I had actually put my food to the side while I was working on the gourd.

Summary of self discovery: Not only am I an emotional eater (which I knew), I am also a boredom eater. My goal is to now find things that I like to do. I know that is part of the reason i have been so depressed lately. I have been here for 3 years and I practically don't know anyone. Id ont have any close friends here, no husband, no boyfriend, no family....nothing. So all I do is work, sleep, sit around the house and eat, and wallow in the misery of being bored and lonely. If I was not banded i know I would have gained 30-40 lbs in these last three years. If I had not been exercising (which I just started doing in NOV after being banded for 1 year), I would have plateaued out and stop losing weight.

That was my check in. How is everyone else doing? Any interesting insights to share?

I hear what you're saying and know the feeling. If I don't keep busy the kitchen just calls my name and it doesn't matter what it is. My worst time is between 3:00 and 4:30. I'll do great after all day at work, get home and I'm tired, the teenagers are coming in wanting to eat and I find myself grazing enough to constitute a whole meal. Then I fix dinner and eat that meal. Then on top of this my exercise has not been regular.

I know that I need to be exercising during this time of day. It would be perfect but just can't get the determination to do it.

The worse thing is I know how to fix the problem, but am lacking the motivation to do it. I'll do really good for a week or two and then it fizzles out.

Thanks for your post and good luck.

I know what you mean about not getting the determination to exercise. But starting today, I am going to hop on my elliptical every day...doesnt matter if its 10 min. or 30...I just have to do it. I also think I will ride the exercise bike at school during my planning period. That should give me the daily exercise I need.

My hubby and I have decided if I lose about 50 pounds by end of June, I will be getting a Tummy Tuck that month. I wonder if that is incentive enough?

A tunny tuck would sure help the motivation. That's only wishful thinking on my part. I also think I'm getting a little too old for one. That at my age, just live with it. I checked into one about a year ago, but with the economy the way it is, gave up on the idea.

Keep me posted about the exercise - I'll make a goal for the week to do my Wii every day after work.

Good luck