Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm at 134lbs this morning and I am barely in an 8. And I swear I have just average bone structure. Isn't it SO strange how different we all are?? No way would a 6 work for me. I feel better in a 10 or 12 even, and M/Ls.

I wear most of my clothing fitted so S/M

Maybe I'm only hitting all of the vanity sizing stores but i don't think so because im consistently able to fit my kids clothes

9 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I wear most of my clothing fitted so S/M

Maybe I'm only hitting all of the vanity sizing stores but i don't think so because im consistently able to fit my kids clothes

No, I think you are built! And have gorgeous muscles!!! I think I'm all baggy saggy fluffy skin and fat. So I occupy more space. You know? It would be diff if I had more muscle and was tight. I'd occupy less space. :) :(

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

So happy it's effortless maintenance though! That's my wish for us all!!!

well, I wouldn't go so far as to say "effortless", but it's very do-able. Trying to maintain in the 130s would have been really tough.

Just now, FluffyChix said:

No, I think you are built! And have gorgeous muscles!!! I think I'm all baggy saggy fluffy skin and fat. So I occupy more space. You know? It would be diff if I had more muscle and was tight. I'd occupy less space. :) :(

Thanks! I hope my muscles stick around i haven't gymed in a long time. Im also thinking i dont have the large bone structure i thought i did... You know the lie you tell yourself when youre overweight... I'm just big boned 😒

Maybe also im having luck with sizes because i don't wear pants... I do wear workout gear to sit around of course 😂

Tons of excess fat and skin - I have it too. My most problematic area is my midsection, i need plastics ... hard core... *pun intended* I'm trying to figure out if i can have a mommy makeover ×3 because I still have a pregnancy shape 151 months later 😒😂

My Team never gave me a goal number just a BMI to initially get under 29/28. So any number in that range was fine.

It's still considered overweight but I was told (by my very hot PA of Scottish decent) that people in the range of 26-28 BMI live longer according to studies (I never actually looked it up because I wanted to believe him and still eat pastries)

26 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

My Team never gave me a goal number just a BMI to initially get under 29/28. So any number in that range was fine.

It's still considered overweight but I was told (by my very hot PA of Scottish decent) that people in the range of 26-28 BMI live longer according to studies (I never actually looked it up because I wanted to believe him and still eat pastries)

I like your way of thinking.

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

< ... >

Goal 3 (Based on being stubborn and looking at how my thighs and booty still look after I reached 140lbs. I posited that I still had a good 20 extra pounds of fat hanging around my body and that I didn't really need it. It's non-essential, so why not lose another 10lbs and try to get to my all-time "silver tuna goal"?) = 130lbs (this is proving very frustrating to reach)

< ... >

I'm with @catwoman7 on this one, perhaps the "fat" you are looking to shed is really just extra skin. The scan should tell you this. I have a body composition scale at home, though I'm not sure how accurate they are...maybe you can try one out at a store, just to get a vague idea...? Because really, your pictures don't look like someone who needs to lose another 10-20 lbs...

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

< ... >

My surgeon's goal for me was 160lbs. Here is how THEY calculated it...

1. 100lbs for the 1st 5 feet + 5lbs for every inch over 5 feet

2. Calculate EBW (Excess Body Weight) = Weight (day of surgery) - IDEAL wt = EBW

3. Calculate % of expected EBW

4. Calculate target weight = Weight (day of surgery)

< ... >

According to this, my target weight range based on 60-80% EBW loss is 133-155lbs.

I'm 5'2", and wouldn't have been happy stopping at 155.

I *may* have been happy at 133 (if that was as far as I could go) because yeah, my stomach was still a little puffy, but still had good boobage going on.

Now I'm quite happy with my stomach/waistline, but the price was my boobs :( . And butt. I think I can plump up the butt (slightly) with some targeted exercise, but my boobs are gone forever (barring any boob plastics, which I'm not particularly interested in, as there are a tonne of other things I would do first before that - if I could)

1 hour ago, mousecat88 said:

That's why I kinda think my initial instinct of 140 was good. Because I am already two sizes smaller than I was at 140 before. Aside from the flappiness LOL I do like the way I look and don't think I want to be much smaller in dress size. Happy medium.

Yep, I think trying to get to a weight based on clothing size in our pasts doesn't always align. I was 5'2" and 105 lbs in high school and wore a size 5. I'm 114-ish now and I can wear sizes 0-2 (or a child size 12 for fricks sakes). Mind you, a good part of this can be explained by vanity sizing, but I I'm pretty sure I'm way smaller now than I was at 105 lbs. The exercise and working out probably explains the rest.

Edited by ms.sss

Got a message back from my surgeon's office in response to my quotation-laden rant about goal weight and they said that in their opinion I have reached my goal weight to them and any more weight I lose is just a bonus and that they have no further expectations. Also not to take the BMI chart too seriously given the intensity of my workouts. So, win?

Big win!!

I weighed myself this morning and I am up 2lbs!
NOOOOO I gotta put the scale away. lol. It seriously bums me out and ruins my day!

On 8/6/2019 at 10:55 AM, ms.sss said:

Now I'm quite happy with my stomach/waistline, but the price was my boobs :( . And butt. I think I can plump up the butt (slightly) with some targeted exercise, but my boobs are gone forever (barring any boob plastics, which I'm not particularly interested in, as there are a tonne of other things I would do first before that - if I could)

I'm totally unwilling to negotiate the loss of my @$$ so the remaining targeted fat loss will be achieved through plastics IDC IDC IDC

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Screenshot_2019-08-07-01-22-57~2.png

OMG! Totally stole this and will now post it All. The. Places (including other threads here!) :D TY!!! Love it!

I took a MOM on Sunday and poo'd my brains out and that's when I went down the 2lbs but now I am up the 2lbs and EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

4 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

I took a MOM on Sunday and poo'd my brains out and that's when I went down the 2lbs but now I am up the 2lbs and EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Super satifiying/discouraging to see right?

That was an artificial deflation based on dehydration not fat loss (Any loss is not a good loss you want fat loss because it *technically* takes 3500 extra cals to regain (+/- in our community). But I promise Water loss takes 2 mins, extra salt and a saltine cracker to regain)

Thats why the scale can't always be trusted to measure accurately what's going on

Edited by GreenTealael