Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just now, mousecat88 said:

Hmm. That would make my target weight 174lbs, which is sorta what they said. They just said "160s or 170s at best". That's not taking into consideration any exercise. Mathhhh in the morniinnnggg.

What did you weigh morning of surgery? I don't think that is correct computation.

1 minute ago, catwoman7 said:

as far as clothes, I wear a M/L (depending on manufacturer) or a 12, usually. At 138 I could get into some 10's and most M's, but no smaller. These big a** bones and broad shoulders just aren't going to get into anything much smaller. The bones are in the way. I envy these people who can fit into a size 6 or 8 at 150 lbs, but there's no way I could do that, not even after plastic surgery (which I've had). BUT......M/L and size 12 are pretty normal sizes, after all...

That's what super weird to me. At 140lbs, I wore a Size 12. Now I am 155 and wear a Size 8. That's why I'm kinda' like... well, I wanted to be a 12 again but I surpassed that so I'm happy. lol. My torso is very small, but until the skin from my arms is gone, I can't really wear long sleeves because nothing is cut right. I need a medium for the torso but a large for the arms or XL. Depends on the fabric, if it's stretchy.

7 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

What did you weigh morning of surgery? I don't think that is correct computation.

115 for the first number. 171 of excess body weight. 65%.

I got to 111.15 lbs of expected weight loss. So that minus 286 was 174lbs.

Edited by mousecat88

3 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

at first I wasn't happy being back at 150 (I wanted to see those 130s again!!), but my PCP said to try to stay within the 140-160 range because 130s were way too low for me. My normal BMI range goes up to 154 (I'm 5'6"), so I'm within the normal range. I've come to accept it and admit it's probably a good weight for me. I have a large frame and am pretty muscular (according to the DEXA scan, my muscles alone weigh 117 lbs), so the upper end of a normal BMI range does make sense given my body composition. Plus it's not too difficult to maintain at this weight. I think it would have been a constant battle to remain in the 130s. My body was just not comfortable with that - and given my fat percentage was 22% at 146 lbs, that percentage would have been lower in the 130s - so I can see why my body wasn't happy!! (plus I am almost 60 years old - lots of PCP's - including mine - prefer their older adults to be in the 23-27 BMI range to give them a little "cushion" in case they get sick. I'm at a 24 BMI now).

as far as clothes, I wear a M/L (depending on manufacturer) or a 12, usually. At 138 I could get into some 10's and most M's, but no smaller. These big a** bones and broad shoulders just aren't going to get into anything much smaller. The bones are in the way. I envy these people who can fit into a size 6 or 8 at 150 lbs, but there's no way I could do that, not even after plastic surgery (which I've had). BUT......M/L and size 12 are pretty normal sizes, after all...

Dang, and that 2 inches makes all the difference! You and I are maybe the same size! I do have broad shoulders but my hips are surprisingly slimmer now with the losses. But I'm still good with the BMI per my frame/doc. I think 150 sounds like a perfect size for you at 5'6" with a large frame and heavy muscle mass!!! Two inches makes a HUGE difference! I'm surprised you aren't in a 10 though, but a M/L is an awesome clothes range. That's what most of my clothes are now and I feel comfortable in them although everyone is saying they are big on me. I'm not quite ready to believe that yet though. You sound very solid and compact. So happy it's effortless maintenance though! That's my wish for us all!!!

Surgery Day Weight 286lbs

5'3" female = 100 + 15lbs = 115lbs "IDEAL" weight

EBW = 286-115=171lbs EBW

171lbs X 65%=111lbs EWL

Target = 286-111=175lbs target

Crap!!!

Ok, so 65% is the bottom side of their target. I think they say 65-80%? If memory serves?

So let's see at 80%

171lbs x 80% = 137lbs EWL

Target = 286 - 137lbs = 149lbs

So I would use that 149lbs as your First Goal, then look at your musculature and see how you feel in your body. And if you are "average" then use the chart above to "pick your next goal." Or you can also use this new Smart BMI calculator for more help. :) Or go get a DEXA scan like @catwoman7 advises so wisely! Especially since you are gonna get plastics so quickly! :D

Here's the new Smart BMI Calculator tool:
https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/

Also, those % are just averages that take in outliers--cuz I think most people lose 80% or more of their EBW based on the narrowly defined EBW calculated off Ideal.

My starting weight in my ticker is the actual weight on the day of surgery and truly my starting weight. And also the heaviest weight I've ever been. So, I've lost those 130lbs in the last 9 months alone since my surgical date.

Just now, FluffyChix said:

Surgery Day Weight 286lbs

5'3" female = 100 + 15lbs = 115lbs "IDEAL" weight

EBW = 286-115=171lbs EBW

171lbs X 65%=111lbs EWL

Target = 286-111=175lbs target

Crap!!!

Ok, so 65% is the bottom side of their target. I think they say 65-80%? If memory serves?

So let's see at 80%

171lbs x 80% = 137lbs EWL

Target = 286 - 137lbs = 149lbs

So I would use that 149lbs as your First Goal, then look at your musculature and see how you feel in your body. And if you are "average" then use the chart above to "pick your next goal." Or you can also use this new Smart BMI calculator for more help. :) Or go get a DEXA scan like @catwoman7 advises so wisely! Especially since you are gonna get plastics so quickly! :D

Here's the new Smart BMI Calculator tool:
https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/

Also, those % are just averages that take in outliers--cuz I think most people lose 80% or more of their EBW based on the narrowly defined EBW calculated off Ideal.

Awesome! Thanks! Yeah, I was like... mmmm definitely gunna be less than 174! haha. 149 is a good place to be.

1 minute ago, mousecat88 said:

Awesome! Thanks! Yeah, I was like... mmmm definitely gunna be less than 174! haha. 149 is a good place to be.

At 5'3" and "average" frame size, my personal goal would be somewhere between 125-130lbs. But if your bones are big, or you have lots of muscle and or are working out like you are, then it's likely that 140lbs would feel great! And look great too! Cuz you'll probably be smaller than most people who don't work out as you do and weigh 125-130lbs.

That's why I kinda think my initial instinct of 140 was good. Because I am already two sizes smaller than I was at 140 before. Aside from the flappiness LOL I do like the way I look and don't think I want to be much smaller in dress size. Happy medium.

And I totally weighed myself this morning LOL. I just had to. I think if I just do it weekly, that will be healthier for me in lieu of daily. The fluctuations get to me and I can't let it ruin my day. But I was down a pound so today is a good day. hahaha

It's a process...lol.

There needs to be a "sigh" react emoji. hahaha

I don't know what it would look like. Should just be a mini picture of my face.

Edited by mousecat88

2 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

There needs to be a "sigh" react emoji. hahaha

I don't know what it would look like. Should just be a mini picture of my face.

LOL, IKR?!

33 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

people who can fit into a size 6 or 8 at 150 lbs

Hmmm i think i want a DEXA scan now, these are some of my sizes

Just now, GreenTealael said:

Hmmm i think i want a DEXA scan now, these are some of my sizes

I'm at 134lbs this morning and I am barely in an 8. And I swear I have just average bone structure. Isn't it SO strange how different we all are?? No way would a 6 work for me. I feel better in a 10 or 12 even, and M/Ls.