Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alcohol after Gastric Sleeve

3 hours ago, NJ Patty said:

I think any extra, empty calories are not really a part of healthy weight loss, even occasionally. People shouldn't go down the slippery slope of one drink a week doesn't impact it, so I'll keep adding more. Was just trying to make sure people are cautious.

True, if you can't control yourself. I was a weekend drinker but as soon as I started my first nutritional session I stopped cold turkey. It's not worth my health. I plan to have wine March 15th, my BIRTHDAY. So if anyone is a alcoholic or borderline - STAY AWAY. I do understand & respect your answer : )

My story - I love Vodka - I am about two months out and i do drink about twice a week, My suggestion is you get a good product, For example I used to drink Smirnoff but now i get a triple distilled vodka. I drink it over ice with a splash of lemon or maybe Cranberry juice.

Facts

1. It is going to hurt and to this day when i drink my stomach hurts!

2. You will get a buzz quick - Also Try at home first - May come back up fast

3. Know your limits *Something i don't - YOU WILL FEEL LIKE HELL THE NEXT DAY SO IS THE PLEASURE WORTH THE PAIN?

I was a fan of fruity drinks and Long Island Ice Teas. However, as I did Keto WOL for so long before surgery, I went to having an occasional diet coke and rum (technically keto friendly), HOWEVER, this was more of a once or twice a month thing before surgery.

For me, since I"m only 8 weeks out and I'm in my THIRD stall AND I am a very very very slow loser even sticking to my dr's plan 100%, while I have had brief temptations, I know I'm 1) Not Ready to try this 2) Unsure if I should ever try it 3) Not willing to add something else into the confusing equation of why I am stalled yet again

All this being said, I will not lie and say that I feel 100% confident that I will never have another drink. We are going on a Christmas cruise with my 89 year old MIL as she wanted the whole family to be together at Christmas and wanted it to be on a cruise...so we are all going. I have wondered about the possibility of having a drink at this time..

Unfortunately I will be only 5 months out at this time. I wish it was more like 1 year.

I'm also unsure if I want to try my 1st drink, if I even do, on a ship with my whole family around...have no idea if it goes awry, how fast I could get to a place of privacy....you know?

I have wondered what in the heck I would 'mix' any alcohol with and my eldest pointed out that my Premier Clear Protein Tropical Punch drinks would probably work...I was like "yeah, thanks for pointing that out...and now it is in my head".

Only thing I know for sure is that for today, I choose not to drink alcohol.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:23 AM, AJ Tylo said:

1. It is going to hurt and to this day when i drink my stomach hurts!

2. You will get a buzz quick - Also Try at home first - May come back up fast

3. Know your limits *Something i don't - YOU WILL FEEL LIKE HELL THE NEXT DAY SO IS THE PLEASURE WORTH THE PAIN?

Ack...does it always hurt??? I had heard from my doctor's office and others that you will get a buzz more quickly.

Um.....ok...if I'm going to feel like h*** the next day, there is no way I'm trying that on the cruise then...