Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💜AUGUST 2019 CHALLENGE💜

21 hours ago, seaforest said:

29. I expect this is my last entry for the month as I will be travelling tomorrow. Anyway, got up early and dropped the dogs off at their resort and headed to the gym. I had extra time so I did 40 minutes of cardio and then my weights for 15 minutes. I'm going to bed early tonight because I have to get up in the wee hours to bus to the airport etc. I will practice meditation while sitting around waiting for flights. I have a four hour layover tomorrow so I'm thinking that could become some good walking time but I have it mind to go to the gym once I arrive at my destination to get the kinks out. Anyway, I can claim a 3.5 lb weight loss for this month. Again not as much as I hoped for but I'll still take it as a win as progress is progress. Have a happy Labor Day Weekend!!! See you at the next challenge. :)

Have FUN!

21 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so had my 6 months PO visit with my surgeon this morning.
Went well and I’ve lost 78 pounds since surgery day.
Lol, he laughed bc I was disappointed it wasn’t an even 80.

He told me that even if I didn’t lose another pound, he’s calling this a success, but said it’s totally reasonable (and doable with work and focus) to lose another 25 vanity pounds.
It was nice to hear that as far as he’s concerned, it’s up to me and there won’t be judging either way.

I’m at the tire shop getting a nail out of one of my tires, then off for a celebration pedi

💃CONGRATULATIONS💃

Day 29

I did meditate today!!! Multiple times. Going back to work has been a testament... needless to say, I needed to actively meditate to catch my breath.
Continued the walking and Fitbit says I do get to cardio range for about 60mins.

May 30
We having family members coming for the long holiday weekend. Only my husband knows about my surgery. Kids know I had surgery but don't know what it was for. Our live in nanny is kinda aware that I'm using my surgery as a way to eat healthy and she has been beyond supportive and her refried Beans, lentils Soup and chicken has been out of this world amazing. I was too busy eating unhealthily that I never paid attention to her fantastic cooking skills [emoji85][emoji85] She's been with us for years!!

So this weekend will be a test. Luckily I'd warned my sister in law (and BFF) that I was going on a radical lifestyle change after our cruise this summer.
I've had our (my) old food favorites catered and my hubby (who is a better cook than I am) will be in charge of feeding everyone while I discreetly maintain my plan.....🤷‍♀️

Needless to say, I'm not going to bed early tonight as they get in from California tonight.

This was a fantastic challenge! Made me dig deep (I love to stay superficial which was part of my problem) and be mindful, accountable and present. Thanks GT. Bring on September!!!![emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

September Challenge will be up later this evening

B-Side Question: Did you achieve your personal goal this month?

September Challenge will be up later this evening
B-Side Question: Did you achieve your personal goal this month?
August challenge was great!! I sincerely think I accomplished my goal! Successful surgery with no ounce of complication, following surgical team's meal plan without deviating and easing into a new and healthy lifestyle [emoji108][emoji108]

Wanted to make sure I concluded.

Now back to September. 🧡🧡

9 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

August challenge was great!! I sincerely think I accomplished my goal! Successful surgery with no ounce of complication, following surgical team's meal plan without deviating and easing into a new and healthy lifestyle

Wanted to make sure I concluded.

Now back to September. 🧡🧡

💜CONGRATULATIONS💜

Ok lads, late posting this and I sucked at the challenge (didn’t quite hit onderland) but I did increase my exercise heaps and joined the gym so I’m well proud of myself for that

August was a blast! Thank you everyone who participated! Head over to the Sep 2019 Challenge for more fun 💜

giphy (10).gif