Ɨ
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vets - How often do you weigh yourself?

On 7/20/2019 at 9:57 PM, Losebig said:

how often do you weigh

@Losebig

I weigh every morning after my shower

maintenance/GOAL/fluctuations

7.5 years - healthy, happy as a clam, and cute as a buttonšŸ¤£

kathy

On 7/29/2019 at 12:11 PM, yes_anastasia said:

I hope it's okayļ»æ I'm a couple days shy of 18 months, but I also weigh every day and track every day. I'm at a 700 day streak on MFP. To me, it just works. I've formed this habit, it's yielding positive results so I'm sticking to it. When I'm out of town or on vacation I definitely relax but jump right back on the wagon as soon as I'm home. I honestly find myself looking forward to that comfort/control. It's unreal how quickly my body can put weight back on. I went away for the 4th of July for 4 nights and came home about 12lbs heavier. I lost it all back in the span of a week, but it was a pretty great reminder of how valuable my positive habits are.

Hi, Yes_Anastasia. Given your significant weight loss, may I ask about redundant skin--especially at the abdomen and upper inner thigh areas? Is it loose and .?.; you own stock in Spanx [buy them a lot]?; or did you have it removed, or what? [if you don't mind sharing]. Thank you.

On 7/30/2019 at 12:50 PM, ProudGrammy said:

@Losebig

I weigh every morning after my shower

maintenance/GOAL/fluctuations

7.5 years - healthy, happy as a clam, and cute as a buttonšŸ¤£

kathy

How are you Proud Granny!!?

I weigh most days. Log my food. I try to stay in 5 lb change. I my weight goes up I can lose 5 or so lbs. well I can right now cause it is up - love life. The scale is only 1 thing

On 8/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, Dr-Patient said:

How are you Proud Granny!!?ļ»æ

@Dr-Patient

hey good lookin'!!!

nice to see your smiling face, lookin' good chicšŸ˜‰

sent PM

your friend

kathy

ProudGrammy I am down under 30 BMI, depending on which,doctor scale-- 27 or 28, thanks for Believing in ME,when I felt like faltering, You Said I could and Wowser I really DID! Hugs!

I weigh two or three times a week, wireless scale that reports to my phone. Itā€™s been a good way to break apart the psychological element of weighing myself - I actually donā€™t pay a ton of attention when I do it most of the time. But sometimes, Iā€™ve actively been thinking that I feel a little heavier than I should, and then weighing myself has been a good thing to reconnect the number on the scale with how my body feels. Now it turns out Iā€™m pretty sensitive to as little as a two-pound shift, which NEVER would have happened when I was heavier.

And then if I realize Iā€™ve been consistently feeling heavy, Iā€™ll go look at the graph on my phone and if the trend is not good, Iā€™ll taper back or cut stuff out for a while. But since Iā€™m pretty much maintaining at this point, the biggest benefit has been the body/number awareness. Iā€™m pretty sure I had some body dysmorphia going on when I was heavier, so this low-stakes awareness is a huge improvement.

On 7/21/2019 at 6:42 AM, catwoman7 said:

150 lbs is my "oh crap" level. I

160 is my "Red Line" weight. When I reach that I know it's time to re double my efforts. I weigh my self every Friday between 4Pm and 8PM. Don't know if the times make a difference but it's just my routine.

I weigh daily Monday through Friday and am more relaxed over the weekend.

I weigh one time a week...Tuesdayā€™s (I had the surgery on a Tuesday). Iā€™m just over 1 year out. I think Iā€™d make myself crazy weighing daily! Lol

On 7/21/2019 at 6:42 AM, catwoman7 said:

I still weigh daily. And I also still track food. I can't even tell you how many times pre-surgery that I lost weight, stopped doing those two things, and then gained it all back. Not happening this time. I worked WAY too hard on this. So I will do these two things for the rest of my life.

This. I feel like you pulled that answer right out of my head.

I also weigh and track daily. My "oh crap" alarm goes off at 3 lbs.

Edited by Ldyvenus

Every single day at the same time every morning. Iā€™m a data person. I want to know what impact that ā€œoff programā€ meal had or how fasting impacted the next day. Sometimes the results are surprising and yes there is way more to it then above so watch the trend and donā€™t worry about one day. I go up and down 3-4 pounds every day or two it seems but overall trend is down although much slower 11 months out.

I weigh daily even though it DRIVES ME INSANE seeing weight fluctuations. My psychiatrist told me yesterday that since I have body dysmorphia I should cut back on weighing, but I am obsessive so... if you understand and accept that your weight may fluctuate, daily seems to be pretty common on here.

Only at the doctor or once a week at home. Day to day weight gains and loss mean nothing. It wasnā€™t good for my brain to weigh every single day. Fortunately, Iā€™m at the point where my BMI is healthy and I need to lose about 15 more lbs but now Iā€™m only focused on appearance. If I look better after gaining muscle pounds, Iā€™m good with it!