Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting a Revision - but OMG NOT because of weight regain!!!!

7 minutes ago, summerset said:

So that is what you assume? *woofwoof* by any chance?

And just to be clear @summerset. I really am trying to understand how you got to your conclusions from there- no need for defensiveness.

OR barking.... lol.

22 minutes ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

Did these people tell you that is why they included that?

I secretly hoped that some of these users would answer in this thread, explaining why they chose to express it like this. You know, so far I've not seen something like "I'm getting a revision because of weight gain and NOT because of reflux".

No, I read it in your post.

You know what the problem with assumptions is?

However, you did notice that I used the expression "as if that would be" and not "because this is seen as"?

10 minutes ago, summerset said:

I secretly hoped that some of these users would answer in this thread, explaining why they chose to express it like this. You know, so far I've not seen something like "I'm getting a revision because of weight gain and NOT because of reflux".

You know what the problem with assumptions is?

However, you did notice that I used the expression "as if that would be" and not "because this is seen as"?

So, niether one of us really knows why those people posted in that way. :) Which is what I am getting at.

Yes, I DID notice the "as if that would be" in your post. Which is a perfect example of an asumption on your part, since these people did not tell you this was their own reasoning. You were assuming THAT is why those individuals posted it in the thread in the first place.

You then go even further to surmise that not only is that the reason for including the reflux detail, but that the person(s) must be doing it because the WLS community is not supportive enough of weight regain revisions.

There may well be someone feeling the things you have assumed here- it is a big community with all kinds of people, after all. 💙

I just don't think filling in the blanks on someone else's story, to the point that you are not sure if you should feel "sad, pissed" etc. is a very evidence-based way to know one way or another.... and it is somewhat unfair to the original posters, IMO.

**********NECROPOSTING ALERT***********

I TOTALLY MISSED THIS WHOLE THREAD

Probably because on 7/15 I was in the hospital being revised from VSG to RNY and NOT FOR REGAIN 😂

I don't know why others post the way they do but, the reason I chose to include that bit of info is because:

I didn't want to assume everyone knows my whole story (some people may have just joined that day etc)

I wanted to be clear as possible so when some one runs a search for info here on BP they find exactly what they are looking for

I wanted to share my specific experience and because the stories/ questions/ support/ techniques/ insurance rules/ *plans/ *preop /*postop may change vastly depending on why you need a revision its not helpful to lump it together.

Can you imagine being asked nonstop in DMs if you lost all of your excess weight then having to explain you didnt have any excess weight/ you were at goal already

Or never being asked if your stenosis was properly bypassed/GERD resolved/ torsion corrected/anatomy fixed because no one knew that was the reason for the revision.

Or telling people that insurance approved it in 48 hrs, but not explaining that it was likely because it was emergent in my case and highly unlikely to get approved that quick or even the first time on a weight regain only case.

For me it was about clarity & I hope my input helped 💙

Major necroposting, ROFL. How did you stumble upon it?

Just had gastroscopy today. Luckily neither esophagitis nor Barrett nor something even more evil. Pouch fine without inflammation. Anastomosis fine without inflammation.

I need another hiatoplastic with gastropexia though. Surgeon recommended it but doesn't see a need to rush it because see-gastroscopy-results-above. Alternative would be wait-and-see-how-I-can-cope and have control-gastroscopy in a year.

Hernia is back again. WTF.

51 minutes ago, summerset said:

Major necroposting, ROFL. How did you stumble upon it?

Just had gastroscopy today. Luckily neither esophagitis nor Barrett nor something even more evil. Pouch fine without inflammation. Anastomosis fine without inflammation.

I need another hiatoplastic with gastropexia though. Surgeon recommended it but doesn't see a need to rush it because see-gastroscopy-results-above. Alternative would be wait-and-see-how-I-can-cope and have control-gastroscopy in a year.

Hernia is back again. WTF.

I was searching for a regain post I lost track of (that my Oct 2019 challenge was linked in that I promised to link the new Nov 2019 Challenge 😂)

Get well soon & do what feels right when it feels right... unless its free plastics - do that ASAP 💙

Don't know why but Hernias seem like the Ex you can never really rid of... 😒

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Get well soon & do what feels right when it feels right... unless its free plastics - do that ASAP 💙

Hah, I wished! I guess I will be 100% self pay (of course I will sue my insurance company in hope to get the money back; already ramped up my legal protection insurance because of this just in case). However, weight needs to be stable and at the moment it isn't. BMI went from 24 to 23. That doesn't sound much but people already noticed and ask me if I'm fine (which I'm not atm). And of course the hernia surgery is looming ahead. However, I'll need some time to make up my mind and be ready for this. I'm also not exactly looking forward to some more doctor appointments but it's necessary.

Don't know why but Hernias seem like the Ex you can never really rid of... 😒

Yes, that's basically what the surgeon said: "Hiatal hernias are b*tches that tend to come back!"

This damned hiatal hernia combined with this shitty reflux will most likely haunt me forever.

1 hour ago, summerset said:

Have an appointment Monday in a week to discuss further procedures/therapy options. Way faster than I thought.

Does it usually go that quickly?

Edited by GreenTealael

Last time I needed to make an appointment it was 4 weeks or something in that range. But that was a year ago so I might not remember it correctly.

I was also presently surprised that I only had to dial the number once and got someone on the phone instead of either having

1) a busy line

or

2) nobody answering the phone,

getting frustrated after about twenty tries and writing an e-mail instead like when I made my gastroscopy appointment.

1 hour ago, summerset said:

Last time I needed to make an appointment it was 4 weeks or something in that range. But that was a year ago so I might not remember it correctly.

I was also presently surprised that I only had to dial the number once and got someone on the phone instead of either having

1) a busy line

or

2) nobody answering the phone,

getting frustrated after about twenty tries and writing an e-mail instead like when I made my gastroscopy appointment.

Maybe the office is simply being managed properly now 👏

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Maybe the office is simply being managed properly now 👏

After my experience yesterday: nope, they're not very organized.

I’m sure my male friend who is not here would not mind me posting this. He started at 500 lbs. got sleeved, and got down to 400. He still ate a lot of really fattening food. He stalled. He and a doctor decided he should get a revision to bypass so he might be able to lose more. I’m afraid he will hurt himself with food, but I’ll support him in whatever he does. His revision was about a month ago.

How can you tell if you need a revision? What is the process of a revision?

I got my surgery in 2016 and lost 60 pounds but then I lost my oldest brother my oldest granddaughter and my twin brother in a nine month period And then I lost my mother the next year whom I have taken care of for years, unfortunately I picked up some of my bad eating habits and I really have only gained 15 pounds back, I’m sure I just need to get back on track. How do you tell if you need a revision?