Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started on The Carnivore Diet

Thought I would check in here and see if you are still eating this way and how you are doing?

I'm a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE University of Kentucky fan! I live in Louisville, KY. My husband played football for UK. I'm a basketball fanatic.

We are very close- I live in between Lex and L-Ville.

Can you give an example of your daily diet? Are you getting bored with it? I’ve been thinking of trying something else as my weight loss is slowing. I’m averaging 1-2 pounds per week now. Was thinking about IF but I get pretty hangry if I go too long without eating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Wickedwinner said:

Can you give an example of your daily diet? Are you getting bored with it?

I lost 6 pounds the first 7 days. Now starting Week 2. Hubby lost 11 pounds in 7 days.

Not bored at all. Not hungry. Not grumpy. No cravings. Hubby had a little bit of digestive distress on the first two days because he hadn't been dieting at all before that but I didn't have any trouble. I guess his system was in shock from sugar and carb withdrawal and heavy onslaught of Protein.

Here's a sample of what I ate/drank the last couple of days:

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

@GradyCat Congrats on your progress!!! So glad you figured out a great hack!!! That's awesome!

So I'm in awe and have a question?

Can you really and truly eat about 10.25oz of dense Protein by weight in one meal? How long did it take for you to eat it that meal? How did your tummy feel afterward?

image.png.0dac869c70a2c4e2d25e729d3f6866d8.png

I ask because I "feel" like I have a large pouch capacity. And I've never tested it fully with dense protein other than doing my cottage cheese volume test. So don't know if I can eat 10oz of dense protein in a meal. I always try to limit it as much as possible to my 3-4oz per meal. But I do have composite meals with low carb veg which differs...

TY for giving me perspective! Maybe my pouch is "normal" and it's just that I don't understand the definition of a fully healed pouch capacity.

@fluffychix sometimes I "fudge" things on MyFitnessPal and when I've already entered something for one meal that I have again later as another meal or snack, instead of entering it twice, I just double the first entry, so it looks like I'm eating more in that one meal than I really am but it's correct for the daily total

Just now, GradyCat said:

@fluffychix sometimes I "fudge" things on MyFitnessPal and when I've already entered something for one meal that I have again later as another meal or snack, instead of entering it twice, I just double the first entry, so it looks like I'm eating more in that one meal than I really am but it's correct for the daily total

Oh! OK, I do that too!

So just for reference, about how many ounces would you say you can comfortably eat of the dense Protein by weight per meal? (Some things like fish I can eat 6oz of...) Do you have the same situation?

@fluffychix I accidentally got about 7 ounces the other day and realized I'd made a mistake, gotten overzealous. I try to limit it to 4 but I could probably "comfortably" handle 6 oz

3 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

@fluffychix I accidentally got about 7 ounces the other day and realized I'd made a mistake, gotten overzealous. I try to limit it to 4 but I could probably "comfortably" handle 6 oz

There is comfort in having others who can also eat these quantities!! ((hugs)) Know exactly what you mean about paying the price of one bite too much on dense Protein. Holy hell! LOL. Yeah, I think 7oz is a stretch for me that I might be able to do on fish/shrimp and maybe ultra rare steak (a slider for me if it's rare).