Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤JULY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

Days 25-29

• :957_heavy_check_mark:Sleek Arms Challenge: 5 days worth of this challenge catch-up done!!!
  • :957_heavy_check_mark:Toned Arms Challenge: Only 2 missed days/sets worth of this challenge done, um, those 95 total up and downs in the Sleek Arms Challenge killed me.
  • Toned Arms Challenge: I'm going to defer 3 sets/days of these to tomorrow (or later today?). My arms are done at the moment.
  • BTW, am pretty proud of myself as for the first time ever, I USED THE HOTEL GYM TO WORK OUT during a vacation. Pre-wls, hotel gyms were basically my source for a quick bottle of Water, or cold towel, lol.

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

BTW, am pretty proud of myself as for the first time ever, I USED THE HOTEL GYM TO WORK OUT during a vacation. Pre-wls, hotel gyms were basically my source for a quick bottle of Water, or cold towel, lol.

OMG I remember the time I choose to use the hotel gym post surgery. I felt so empowered 💗

I’m going on vacation next week and we checked to make sure the hotel had a gym, that is the first time I’ve ever done that.

Yesterday was the first “day off” I’ve had in months. I didn’t eat off plan or anything unhealthy. I just relaxed, chilled and hung out. I didn’t even go for a walk. My Fitbit must think I was sick! I did enjoy the day but now I feel guilty about being so inactive.

I need to learn to relax a bit, my fear of gaining weight is creating anxiety and I need to strike a balance. Having a clear plan and goal seems to help me focus. My first step is asking the personal trainer create a clear new workout routine for me.

Does/did anyone else have this anxiety or fear?

9 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

now I feel guilty about being so inactive.

I do this, which probably isn't good thing. I end up doubling (or tripling) my efforts the next day(s) if I miss getting in some exercise on a given day. I hate playing catchup so I try my best not to miss a day, though sometimes if I know I'm going to miss a workout/run/whatever, I'll put in extra the day(s) before.

Reading this over just now makes me think I may be going a little overboard. Hmmmm...need to give this some thought....

Edited by ms.sss

Days 30

• :957_heavy_check_mark:Sleek Arms Challenge (LAST DAY FOR THIS ONE!): done.
  • :957_heavy_check_mark:Toned Arms Challenge: today's quota done + all caught up with the other 3 sets/days I deferred to today. #OUCHmyARMS
  • Chill: our view while chillin' by the rooftop pool at one of the hotels we stayed at a couple days ago...

27 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I do this, which probably isn't good thing. I end up doubling (or tripling) my efforts the next day(s) if I miss getting in some exercise on a given day. I hate playing catchup so I try my best not to miss a day, though sometimes if I know I'm going to miss a workout/run/whatever, I'll put in extra the day(s) before.

Reading this over just now makes me think I may be going a little overboard. Hmmmm...need to give this some thought....

Don't hurt yourself! 💜

Even instructions on a lot of medications say if you miss a dose don't double up, just take the next scheduled dose...

#30. Chill.

On the back patio with my favorite cold drink this summer. Dunkins black ice coffee with my own sugar free French vanilla Creamer. 15-20 calories.

98FD5E3B-2A30-47E2-9920-6F769DDA3204.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I’m going on vacation next week and we checked to make sure the hotel had a gym, that is the first time I’ve ever done that.

Yesterday was the first “day off” I’ve had in months. I didn’t eat off plan or anything unhealthy. I just relaxed, chilled and hung out. I didn’t even go for a walk. My Fitbit must think I was sick! I did enjoy the day but now I feel guilty about being so inactive.

I need to learn to relax a bit, my fear of gaining weight is creating anxiety and I need to strike a balance. Having a clear plan and goal seems to help me focus. My first step is asking the personal trainer create a clear new workout routine for me.

Does/did anyone else have this anxiety or fear?

Oh my! I hope this resolves soon, we are all here for you! 💜

I am going to chill like whoa as soon as I leave this hell, I mean work. Super annoying day because boss was in a bad mood which makes the whole office on edge. Going to do a short Jillian DVD and veg outttttttttt. ZzzzZZZzZz

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Oh my! I hope this resolves soon, we are all here for you! 

Thanks, it is debilitating or anything but I do notice my anxiety increasing when I think about it or have an off day.

I have been an anxious person my entire life so it isn’t new to me, I just need to get a handle on it and bring it up with my Dr when I see him in a few weeks.

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

AUGUST CHALLENGE IS FINALLY UP!

It's super laid back and relaxing. Enjoy 💜

Day 31

• :957_heavy_check_mark:Arm challenges: Woot woot! ALL. DONE.
  • Cool Summer Song: Now we're gonna go waaaaaay back:

Edited by ms.sss

10 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

📣📣📣📣📣📣📣TEAM CHECK IN!📣📣📣📣📣📣📣

HOW DID WE DO?

VSG: October 24, 2018, in maintenance.
July 1st Weight: 118.5 lbs
July 31st Weight 115.1 lbs

July Goals Results:

1. Keep weight stable-ish and maintain a BMI of no less than 22
    • :957_heavy_check_mark: I dropped down to a BMI of 21.2, but I think I'm ok with this. This is still in the healthy range for my height, so am not going to sweat it that much. Plus I'm counting on the weight to bounce back up a few pounds eventually.
  2. Complete every single one of the arm challenges.
    • :957_heavy_check_mark: I can say I did all the challenges this month...I missed a couple days here and there, but I made up the missed sets on the following days.
  3. Firm up my butt, lol. Not sure how to measure success on this one, but will do a bunch of squats, leg lifts and bridges anyway. Every. Day.
    • I CAN NOT say I did this every day, lol. First I totally forgot I even said I would do it, and then I just said eff it.
  4. Take pretty pictures.
    • I tried, thats what counts, right?!?!

July Arms Before and After:

At first I thought I didn't see a difference the arm exercises made, but now that I put the pics side by side, I do see a tiny bit of difference, after all...

(and of course my excess arm skin is still in all its abundant glory...)

94EE7024-D7FC-4067-9560-4ED8734950DA.thumb.jpg.a7aa67e10ddc894567b7e5f7eb589b6c.jpg

I can see a big difference! Wtg! If I remember, I’ll take a follow up today too.