Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disturbing video for those using Fairlife milk

I will not be purchasing from this company ever again in the future. My uncle was a dairy farmer in Wisconsin for about 40 years and he never ever treated his cows like this. He was always gentle and loving toward them. This video really makes me sick.

Ugh. This is such unfortunate smear compaign. They guy replied with a very thoughtful response.

I'm still gonna buy FLM.

kserrynotserry.

Oh my, and I though it was such nice stuffm

The "people" in those videos are disgusting and I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest.

I have personally been in different factory farms on multiple occasions over the years. My utter distaste for factory farming vs small farming in general aside, my experience has been that most animal caregivers are, in fact, very kind. There have been times I have heard reports of an individual low level employee being cruel. Each time, that person was fired within hours because the other employees reported their sick butts.

Maybe being a rural farm girl I have a bit of a different perspective. I sometimes think that people in general think that animal products can come without ever any animal cost. I love animals, and I so wish that could be. :( I am sorry to say- it probably can't, at least completely. ANY milk, meat or animal product comes at a cost to an animal in some way, folks. It wasn't "born" shrink wrapped or in that pretty milk carton on the shelf. The best we can shoot for, if we are going to consume animal products, is compassionate, animal-welfare centered farming practices. The cruelty seen in that video has NO PLACE and should be met with prosecution every time.

However, lets not kid ourselves either, Ok? One also better understand that big farming is big business, just like any other. With big business comes the potential for cutting corners, emphasis on profit and hiring low wage untrained temp workers. Some of whom, at some point, are bound to be terrible human beings like you see in that video.... Buying ANY animal product that is produced by big business means you are likely buying from a place where something has happened at some point that would turn your stomach. (It would not be unique to this one farm, sadly.) The best we can hope for is exposing it when it does occur, and addressing it head on to minimize the chances of it happening again.

I do hope the Fair life owner is as sincere as he seems to be. I hope the practices he puts in place minimize the chances of it ever happening there again, because one time is too many. I am glad he is putting cameras and safety checks in place. It is the most responsible thing he can do at this point. Honestly, it is more than most farms today do.

That said, I most hope we, as a country, really start to examine factory farming and our food production model overall. Trust me, there is NO PERFECT SYSTEM, but there has got to be a better one than the way we are heading.

That "cheap" animal product that we (including myself-I am not vegan) throw into the grocery cart costs so very much more than most people will ever know, and not just in the sad, terrible way that this video shows. It costs in food quality, family farms, rural economy and on and on and on....

Food for thought, I guess.

The huge grocery chain, Jewel (I think owned by Albertsons now) stopped carrying it due to animal cruelty.

eta. They have a hold on selling Fairlife.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

I'm going to buy darigold fit milk from now on. Darigold is a local farm to me and my brother works for Darigold anyways.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:51 AM, MIZ60 said:

I will not be purchasing from this company ever again in the future. My uncle was a dairy farmer in Wisconsin for about 40 years and he never ever treated his cows like this. He was always gentle and loving toward them. This video really makes me sick.

The video made me sick as well. I threw mine in the garbage the other day after watching. Will never buy it again.