Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I crossed over to the sleeve side July 30. Yesterday was not so good, today is better. I'm home doing laundry making my bed, this issue is nausea the only thing that has been kind to me is the pop cycles. Now sipping on Protein, but the meds they gave me for the nausea is making me sick. They taste awful. Of course, I got onto the scale this morning and I gained 3 pounds. That is not fair.

13 minutes ago, Sandra Nuelken said:

I crossed over to the sleeve side July 30. Yesterday was not so good, today is better. I'm home doing laundry making my bed, this issue is nausea the only thing that has been kind to me is the pop cycles. Now sipping on Protein, but the meds they gave me for the nausea is making me sick. They taste awful. Of course, I got onto the scale this morning and I gained 3 pounds. That is not fair.

Just keep sipping and downing your Protein. Our bodies have to adjust to the changes of the sleeve so take it one day at a time and try not to weigh yourself for a few days. I hope you feel better soon,hugs.

Edited by MsCallieigh
Misspell

Congratulationssss!!! Im happy to hear you are doing well and that everything went smoothly! It sounds like this couldnt have gone any better, especially with minimum pain and the ability to keep fluids down. I hope I am as blessed as you lol. Im so afraid of the pain but Im just rying to think positive.
The pain is not too bad and I dont do pain well. I'm so ready to go home. Yes think positive.

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

Just wanted to see how july sleevers are making out?? i got mine july 10th and im down 37 since surgery. definitely stalled in the third week. im just onto solids. i take my time with every bite though. if i feel any type of discomfort i end it right there. does anyone else feel like this is too good to be true tho? i know its happening but its almost hard to fathom, that probably does make sense but its how i feel lol. one thing i know i need to stop doing is weighing myself everyday. its hard not too tho,

9 minutes ago, JAKE H said:

Just wanted to see how july sleevers are making out?? i got mine july 10th and im down 37 since surgery. definitely stalled in the third week. im just onto solids. i take my time with every bite though. if i feel any type of discomfort i end it right there. does anyone else feel like this is too good to be true tho? i know its happening but its almost hard to fathom, that probably does make sense but its how i feel lol. one thing i know i need to stop doing is weighing myself everyday. its hard not too tho,

Hi, that is wonderful! You are doing great! I had my sleeve July 8th. I am on the regular bariatric diet / no restrictions. I don’t have any problems eating or drinking. Sometimes it is har dot get all the fluids if I forget to keep drinking. I stalled from weeks 3 and 4 (I only lost 4lbs those weeks) which the nurse practitioner said was normal and some even gain a pound or two. I was told I should lose between 8 and 10lbs a month and that’s about where I am at. I really feel normal for the most part and sometimes forget I had the surgery. I do eat mostly Protein, the triple net zero Oiko’s Greek yogurt and I also have a Premier Protein shake a day. I also mix in Protein Powder in my crystal light. I weigh myself constantly too which I shouldn’t. Lol

I am July 30 and I'm down 22 pounds. I'm still on full liquids and will start soft foods next Tuesday. I'm just looking forward to ending all the pills! I've had trouble finding full liquids that I like. Forget the watery oatmeal. Fat-free cream of chicken Soup and I have become besties. I'm in my 3rd week and I keep reminding myself that the weight loss will slow or stop as that seems the trend. I checked with my doctor and he said no wine until December, so none for my birthday. Oh, pop cycles still remain my friend too. Some days I really miss the food, then I drink my Protein Drink and remember this is not a sprint but a journey. I'm really happy with the results and can't wait until I can move some of my fat clothes out of the closet.

I was sleeved July 23rd and down 17 since surgery but on day 20 the 3 week stall hit and I've been stuck for 4 days. Still on puree/soft...cant do eggs, salmon was so/so...still using shakes to meet goals...sometimes 1/4 cup food ok but others it's just doesn't seem worth it..definitely still learning and trying to figure this thing out. Still no energy..when did some of y'all start to get more energy? Getting about 70 g Protein and <600 cal.

2 hours ago, Cjdave said:

I was sleeved July 23rd and down 17 since surgery but on day 20 the 3 week stall hit and I've been stuck for 4 days. Still on puree/soft...cant do eggs, salmon was so/so...still using shakes to meet goals...sometimes 1/4 cup food ok but others it's just doesn't seem worth it..definitely still learning and trying to figure this thing out. Still no energy..when did some of y'all start to get more energy? Getting about 70 g Protein and <600 cal.

You need to mix up what you eat and do. Small walking will help with strength and energy. It is so hot here I've gone walking in stores and malls. Try other foods and if salmon is so so keep on trying it. I've been told that I can eat cottage cheese applesauce, sugar-free, your body will get used to the same old stuff. Just change it up. The stuck phase will run its course.

I am. I have bariatric Multivitamin chewables I got from the Vitamin Shoppe but forget to take them sometimes. I think that's why I feel so exhausted when I dont take it.

July 24th!

I have been having so much trouble keeping things down, and getting things down. It’s so frustrating.

7 hours ago, bexybooboo said:

Anyone else extremely tired lately? I'm coming up on 6 weeks out and the last few days I'm exhausted. I'm taking Iron and getting plenty of sleep, Water and Protein so I dunno.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had the sleeve 7\8 i was so tired the other day. I think from sonless calories etc that it just wears on you sometimes. I was exhausted and just felt so lazy. I get plenty of Protein, drink the fluids and eat enough. I just think its an adjustment. Other than that i feel auite normal like nothong happened.

I had my surgery July 15. And I have lost 32 pounds. Congratulations to you

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery date was July 15. 30+ pounds lighter feels good20190825_080036.thumb.jpeg.5162d04529cf478cd3e7af42b1326df5.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

You look great!! Congratulations!!

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 245
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app