Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Power lifters, bodybuilders, strength trainers, OCR runners!!!

Nutrients aren't absorbed in the stomach. food gets broken down in the stomach by the digestive juices, then it moves into the intestines. This is where absorption happens. That 30 grams will be absorbed no problem.

You have fantastic results - this is very cool. I've been practicing in the gym for about a year now, I have got more muscles, but the extra weight does not want to leave. On the stomach and sides, especially a lot, very tired of this. Yes, I have problems with food - I can eat a lot, it is very difficult to deal with it. I don’t think I need surgery, my weight is now 235 pounds, of which a substantial part of the muscle. The trainer told me that you can try to use growth hormone in my situation, have you encountered this? And they recommended me the Turkish company pharmaHGH, I think I will write to them and they will consult on this issue. But I would very much like to hear your opinion, maybe I really need surgery? I’m not sure that I can constantly follow the right diet.

HGH will probably increase your appetite so seems like an odd suggestion to me. May help build muscle but I wouldn’t be mucking about with it.

On 9/25/2019 at 2:54 PM, MJinNorCal said:

I am 2 weeks post OP but have plans to resume lifting soon. I have a question regarding Protein Shakes. If our stomachs are much smaller then normal, can we actually absorb all the Protein in a shake? Say my shake is 30 grams, am I able to absorb 30 grams or only 15 grams?

Protein absorption is not about the size of our stomach. What you take in will be absorbed. You mauy just not be able to take it in as fast as someone without the restriction. You will get those 30 grams!

Wow what a great topic. I found by accident and you are all great role models.

I hope to compete in my first bodybuilding comp next year at the age of 55. I am working hard towards this goal.

bench 106lb 3 x 10

swat 92lb 3 x 10

D/lift 105lb 3 x 10

At the moment I am getting some gains eating approx 1500 calories a day - which means eating just about all day. Body fat 19% Muscle 49%. However will need to get much leaner. Any tips and ideas on how I can achieve this would be welcome. I have what my cardio as I lose muscle.

Yes! This is what I'm looking for!!!! I'm 14 mo post op, just started school for personal training. It's a 450 hour program that is kicking my butt and I'm loving it ❤️ Well, maybe not some of the 2-a-day workouts, ha! Feeling strong today, still dropping sizes like crazy and building tons of muscle mass.

I love challenging myself and seeing what my new body can do. Looking forward to teaching clients how to change their life through fitness in a body positive way regardless of where they are starting. Us pre &post op peeps need representation! Love seeing everyone's ideas! Great thread!

20191010_165548.jpg