Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I'm still waiting for insurance approval but I'm tentatively July 15th... which seems way too close but I've been dying to have it done so I'm excited.
I totally understand, I thought it was taking forever until they gave me the date and I was like whoa!! That's around the corner!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!!! I’m July 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, lynnielynnie said:

I do. July 8th and I am so excited too!

I would be interested in keeping up with you, since our surgeries are the same date!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am july 8th too. Just did my EKG, chest x-ray and labs yesterday. Today final weigh in, surgeon appt fri and nutritionalist mon. Little nervous today may be up a pound. I would love to have someone to keep up with . . especially since only my husband knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Midnightsun said:

I am july 8th too. Just did my EKG, chest x-ray and labs yesterday. Today final weigh in, surgeon appt fri and nutritionalist mon. Little nervous today may be up a pound. I would love to have someone to keep up with . . especially since only my husband knows.

I've only told my wife and adult kids too. I chose not to tell any friends, coworkers, or my students. Im sure they'll be full of questions when we return to school in the fall, but I'm just not comfortable telling people my story.

Good luck to us both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, alex76 said:

I've only told my wife and adult kids too. I chose not to tell any friends, coworkers, or my students. Im sure they'll be full of questions when we return to school in the fall, but I'm just not comfortable telling people my story.

Good luck to us both!

I am in the same position. My husband and kids know. My boss also knows, but she won't say anything. I teach too, so I can imagine there will be speculation...but I don't feel like it's anyone's business, unless I choose to tell them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jennj said:

I am in the same position. My husband and kids know. My boss also knows, but she won't say anything. I teach too, so I can imagine there will be speculation...but I don't feel like it's anyone's business, unless I choose to tell them!

I didn't want to go into this with any negativity before or after surgery. This is my very personal medical history and a very personal choice. I don't care for anybody's opinions or judgments.

I will be eating less food, getting more exercise, and watching my Protein, fat, sugar, and carbs... and that is the version of the truth that they will alllll be hearing 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine had it and did very well so I mentioned to a very good friend of mine about me getting it and her reaction was I don't think you need it you just have a little belly. That was about a year ago and I didn't want anyone talking me out of it. Did you want to follow each other for support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Midnightsun said:

A friend of mine had it and did very well so I mentioned to a very good friend of mine about me getting it and her reaction was I don't think you need it you just have a little belly. That was about a year ago and I didn't want anyone talking me out of it. Did you want to follow each other for support?

How do we follow? I'm new to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go to my profile i believe you can check a follow button. I am new too figuring all this out. This is an awesome site though I have learned so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats my reasoning for this too. So many medical issues. I go up and down in weight and i was down to 178 with Keto but I don't eat red meat and do not really care so much for other meats. So my weight went back up when I went off it and my dr said I did more harm than good and was just diagnosed diabetic. So that was it for me. It really isn't anyones business, you are so right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • ms.sss

      So my surgery anniversary date is on the 24th of this month, but I had my 1-year follow up early with my surgeon this morning (I have another 1-year followup at the hospital on Monday to get my bloodwork and labs done).
      Anyhoo...my surgeon was very pleased with my results (and so where the office staff apparently, because 3 of the front desk ladies came by my exam room to give me props/high fives/generally gawk at me).
      But get this: he asked if I would be willing to come in for a future photoshoot so that I could be on a poster! And I was all, ummmm....no thanks, LOL.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Today was a really tough day and I turned to food (and a watered down glass of wine). The interesting part was that I felt REALLY full after eating half my go to cheat snack, tortilla chips with cheese. So the GBP is doing its job!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Nomorepasta

      Does anyone know how to change specific info on ur profile ex. Surgery date weight etc. ?..
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      The only way I can tell that I'm losing weight is from the scale and my clothes "getting bigger".
      · 1 reply
      1. nenes78

        When logged in, click on your username up top then choose my surgery, from there choose your option on the left menu. Or click the link https://www.bariatricpal.com/patients/portal/?do=progress

    • GreenTealael

      Still Traveling 😥😌😳😂
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×