Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Do you know who is going first? Maybe tell hubs you should, but things are really up to the Bariatric Center. Important thing is YOU BOTH GET DONE, YOU HEAL TOGETHER, YOU BOTH HAVE GOOD LIVES AND A BEAUTIFUL LIFE TOGETHER !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Do you know who is going first? Maybe tell hubs you should, but things are really up to the Bariatric Center. Important thing is YOU BOTH GET DONE, YOU HEAL TOGETHER, YOU BOTH HAVE GOOD LIVES AND A BEAUTIFUL LIFE TOGETHER !

They told us we can choose but we haven’t decided yet. They said we will follow pretty close either way basically once one goes in they will start getting the other ready. But that’s the idea we will go through it all 100% together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I HAVE FINALLY AFTER 8 MONTHS RECEIVED MY DATE! July 18th 2019
Absolutely so excited and would love to thank you all for giving me advice and feedback, it is completely appreciated and i am just so excited. First ever surgery and I'm ready!
Anyone else have or had surgeries in July? Would love to know!



I actually have my surgery on June 24th....and I cant wait!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleeve scheduled for July 8, 2019. Last weigh in June 18th. Had to do 3 months for the surgeon. Bcbs said there wasn’t a timeframe anymore but moving along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Midnightsun said:

Sleeve scheduled for July 8, 2019. Last weigh in June 18th. Had to do 3 months for the surgeon. Bcbs said there wasn’t a timeframe anymore but moving along.

I also have BCBS and was also told that there was no longer any wait time requirement. Im scheduled for RNY on July 3. My preop class in June 18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I hope this last month goes smoothly. for all the July Firecrackers! It will be a jot to welcome each and everyone over to the Losers Bench! You know we call it "Loser" but you will gain so much more than you have lost! The Future Hold Bright for You All!😛👍🌈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

And I hope this last month goes smoothly. for all the July Firecrackers! It will be a jot to welcome each and everyone over to the Losers Bench! You know we call it "Loser" but you will gain so much more than you have lost! The Future Hold Bright for You All!😛👍🌈

You are definitely right! Super excited. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July 2nd for me for RNY. Super excited and nervous that it is just 3 weeks away!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2019 at 7:51 PM, Mom_of_Chaos said:

They told us we can choose but we haven’t decided yet. They said we will follow pretty close either way basically once one goes in they will start getting the other ready. But that’s the idea we will go through it all 100% together

That is so awesome! Must feel amazing to have your other half go through it with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, amaynard said:

That is so awesome! Must feel amazing to have your other half go through it with you.

We gained it together now we are going to lose it together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, amaynard said:

That is so awesome! Must feel amazing to have your other half go through it with you.

We have almost identical stats with very close surgery dates! If I can figure out how to follow you back, I will!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

We gained it together now we are going to lose it together!

That is awesome! I became eligible for bariatric surgery based on BMI after 2 years of a happy relationship. So, now it is time to take off all this weight and become happy and healthy. Of course, my fiance has only gained about 15lbs and can probably take it off in 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

We have almost identical stats with very close surgery dates! If I can figure out how to follow you back, I will!

Click on my picture then click follow a the top of my profile! That is why I followed you! So close! Could be nice to have a virtual buddy to go through it with. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately my husband wasn’t so lucky, after he came home From the Marines and we got comfortable and had a few kids ... life happened! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • GreenTealael  »  RNY 2ND RODEO

      ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
      🕒🕒🕒Happy Surgery Day & Good Luck🕒🕒🕒
      ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      Looks like I need people around to complete a 10K.  I tried to do one by myself this afternoon and I gave up at around the 7km mark.  Gonna try again on Friday, but I may have to look into joining a running club...
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

        Join a running club!!! Woot!!!

    • d711

      post op 2 months
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • allwet

      My Surgeon asked me a question the other day and i didn't give it a lot of thought at the time.
      He asked "do you tell"
      we were talking about peoples reaction to seeing me since i lost such a large amount of me.
      I answered that i do tell if they ask but that it seems most everyone is afraid to mention it if they haven't seen me in a while or they decided they already know the answer so they don't need the truth from me (we all know those types)
      I have had exactly one family friend come right out and ask me how i lost so much weight this year and i told her i had Gastric Sleeve.
      I am sure family has passed it around to other family (you have that type family don't you? or is it just me)  
      So that left me wondering "do you tell" and i dont mean right at surgery time. more like a year or so down the road do you say how or do you just say cut out the sugar and carbs and WAALAA
      Its a real personal choice to open yourself up to that kind of criticism and we know all about how we took the "Easy" way and yada yada yada.
      hope everyone is having a great week
      · 3 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        If people ask, I am open about it

      2. ms.sss

        I'm about 10 months post op, and my standard answer is I eat way less and exercise way more (oh, and I cut the carbs by a lot). The only people I told were Mr., the Kid, BFF and my Mom.

      3. FluffyChix

        People know cuz my sissies have big mouths. And when skinny peeps ask out of morbid curiousity and they are "related" somehow to me, I look at em and arch my eyebrow and smile like, WTF? Then I just shrug and say, "I can neither confirm nor deny." (I've practiced this in the mirror many times. LOL!)

        But today, I was talking to a lady in my oncologist's office and she said "Oh don't you love you Surgeon X - bariatric surgeon? I'm in her weigh loss program!" And so I really opened up to her and talked frankly about the program and the surgery and details and how I'm so much happier and healthier, etc. So there has to be a real genuine need and desire for comraderie--otherwise, "Bye Felicia..."

    • GreenTealael  »  Lynnem6

      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      ⚡⚡HAPPY SURGERY DAY & SAFE JOURNEY⚡⚡
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×