Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just getting started with getting the band.I've got my appointment to see the Doc on Dec.18th.My question is does anyone have a list of where to buy Protein Shakes or can recommend some good tasting ones?

I think I am more scared about the liquid diet part of the Band then anything.My family is very supportive with my decision.I hope someone out there can clue me in on things to drink.

There are so many Protein shakes out there but I chose a Body Fortress whey Protein that you can get at Wal*Mart. I like the chocolate because it is like drinking choco milk. Alot of bandsters by Unjury; which you can only get on-line by Googling unjury. I just ordered the unflavored because I want to add it to my Soups for added protein during the mushies part of the diet. I will be 2 weeks post op on Tuesday and have been on a liquid diet consisting of 5 shakes a day and 56+ oz of Clear liquids a day. I had to do a pre op diet of 3 shakes and one small lean meal a day. I have to admit that I thought that it was going to be very difficult but I had gotten my mind set and found that I did not think about it much. I must say now that I am getting sick of the shakes and am ready to eat a real meal but that is to be expected.

Best of luck! It has been the best decision I made. I have lost 35lbs. in 6 weeks. Who would of thunk it!

I'm just getting started with getting the band.I've got my appointment to see the Doc on Dec.18th.My question is does anyone have a list of where to buy Protein shakes or can recommend some good tasting ones?

I think I am more scared about the liquid diet part of the Band then anything.My family is very supportive with my decision.I hope someone out there can clue me in on things to drink.

Donna....go online to Vitalady.com - Protein supplements, Vitamins & Minerals, and Safe Snacks! . You can order all kinds of flavors and brands of Protein powder from them in sample sizes. I ordered around 40 samples before my surgery and am still loving having a variety. Most or all of the flavors are under $2.00 each. More expensive, but at least you aren't stuck with a whole can of something you hate. The package came quickly. I kept track of which ones I liked best so that I could order a whole can.

The best one's by far for me are Bolthouse farms they are pre made, do NOT taste like Protein shakes at all. They do have caffeine in them but I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. They are all natural , i am very sensitive to anything arfitfical , espically sweetners , even the natural Protein powders and I didnt get along. But these dont bother me at all. Each bottle has 20 grams of protein.

The last 3 on this page have protein but ONLY THESE 3 Have protein

Bolthouse Farms "Juices"

HTH

Mindy

Gotta second on the Body Fortress whey Protein shakes. The choc is good and a great source of protein. I have been drinking them for 4 months because I like the taste and they fill me up in the morning.

Wait and See

Not all docs require a liquid diet pre-op. My doc did, but he gave me a prescription for a specific one (optifast). The prescription was enough for pre-op and one week post op. After that he has a "no liquid calories rule" so Protein shakes are a no no.

Every doc is different, my advice to you is not to spend any money on protien shakes until you have been instructed by the doc or clinic.

The best one's by far for me are Bolthouse farms they are pre made, do NOT taste like Protein shakes at all. They do have caffeine in them but I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. They are all natural , i am very sensitive to anything arfitfical , espically sweetners , even the natural Protein powders and I didnt get along. But these dont bother me at all. Each bottle has 20 grams of protein.

The last 3 on this page have protein but ONLY THESE 3 Have protein

Bolthouse Farms "Juices"

HTH

Mindy

I just tried the mocha Cappuccino one and it is really good. I found these at Wal*Mart. I bought the 32 ounce bottle for $3.38 and I can get 4 shakes out of it. I think I will try the vanilla chai next. I usually use the Pro Performace whey protein powder (chocolate caramel) but I ran out and I have to go out of town to purchase it, so I saw these while grocery shopping and decided to give it a go. I think the Bolthouse farms shakes cost less than the powder so I may continue to use them. It costs about $0.84 per shake if you buy the big bottle.

I just tried the mocha Cappuccino one and it is really good. I found these at Wal*Mart. I bought the 32 ounce bottle for $3.38 and I can get 4 shakes out of it. I think I will try the vanilla chai next. I usually use the Pro Performace whey Protein powder (chocolate caramel) but I ran out and I have to go out of town to purchase it, so I saw these while grocery shopping and decided to give it a go. I think the Bolthouse farms shakes cost less than the powder so I may continue to use them. It costs about $0.84 per shake if you buy the big bottle.

Yep I love them so much . I buy the big bottles when they have them .

I dont like the Vanilla Chai it tastes like Eggnog , which I dont like.

If you like the MOcha you will like the Hazelnut too.

I forgot that they have them at Walmart. You can also get them at Walgreens although they only have the small bottles. Im glad you liked them , I really do only drink these now.

Mindy

I like Atkins low carb drinks in single serving cans. They are 2 grams of carb, 160 calories, and 40% of your daily serving of Protein per can. Grocery stores have them. If you find a store with a good selection you can get flavors such as, Mocha and Carmel Latte (my favorite), besides the usual chocolate and Vanilla. They are very tasty, a little more expensive than Slim Fast but worth it for the short time we are on liquid.

Yep I love them so much . I buy the big bottles when they have them .

I dont like the Vanilla Chai it tastes like Eggnog , which I dont like.

If you like the MOcha you will like the Hazelnut too.

I forgot that they have them at Walmart. You can also get them at Walgreens although they only have the small bottles. Im glad you liked them , I really do only drink these now.

Mindy

I love eggnog, so I'm sure I will love the vanilla chai. I usually only drink eggnog around christmas time, so it will be a wonderful replacement for eggnog that is healthier and has more Protein. Traditional eggnog has about 343 calories and 19g of fat per 8 oz. That's a lot of fat. Thanks.