Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest things you are looking forward to after surgery

I just thought of another one, to take a sit-down bath,not displace so much Water must be nice to not see the water rise so much you're not afraid it will over- flow. And then after soaking in the warm relaxing water, to not have to call someone to pop you free enough that you can get out.
Maybe,i should continue being a shower-er and just let the warm spray rain down on my sore areas, but dang it, I want it all!

I’d like to fit in an airline seat without spilling over into the seat next to me.
I’d like not to have to ask for the seatbelt extender.
I’d like to not have to scan the room for armless chairs.
I’d like to be able to sit in a comfy armchair and be able to get out of it easily.
I want to be able to move that “50 lb” thingy on the doctor’s scale to the left... twice, even 3 times! YAY!

11 hours ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

AHAHAHAHAHA BINGO BINGO BINGO ! Im right there with you!!!

I shouldn't say this, but that made me laugh. #majorhonesty

I kinda wish I was smaller than my brother though his frame is smaller than mine (he always jokes he has delicate features for a man) and he's not very tall so that might not happen. But if it does...I might smile about it, lol.

11 hours ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

I'm a social butterfly with a fun personality and a love for sports and outdoors ... and good cooking (obviously). I've always been the big girl that broke the rules. I was always fiercley confident (or atleast I led the world around me to believe that) and that air of confidence has carried me pretty far. I've dated and married the men who'd never been with big girls before me. I have a job not typically held by big girls or big anyone. I keep up with the latest trends and fashions reguarldless of being a big girl. I am a fat runner. And perhaps the sharpets jab of all ... I'm often described as "so beautiful ... for a big girl".

What I am looking forward to MOST after surgery is dropping that adjective. I want my accomplishments not to be mentioned as if they are in spite of being the fat girl as if fat people arent allowed to break all these "rules"

For the first time in a long time I wan't to NOT be the biggest female or biggest person in the room

I don't want the say give me the biggest you have when signing up for a race and they hand me an XL that obviously will not fit

I want to run at the gym invisibly next to all the other runners with out heads turning and people making comments in awe that i can actually run

I don't want people questioning my ability to perform my job due to my size

I don't want to be "beautiful for a big girl" I just want to be plain ole beautiful

I want to be able to follow the trends without the nightmare that is finding trendy plus size items . Ive become great at it but honestly its a pain in the ass

I don't want my son to feel shame for having the fat mom that people assume sits on the couch and isnt the very active person that I am

I want to talk about the gym or running without people scoffing as if theres no way I could possibly be serious

I want to do all of the things i love that my weight now limits like sky diving, scuba diving, zip lining, bunjee jumping, wakeboarding ETC.

I just want to live my life without that label I just want to be the regular ordinary old me without the need for my size to be attatched to everything i do.

I can relate to the job thing, oh boy.

Unlike you, however, I was never able to land a good position. I'm convinced more than ever that a lot of that had to do with my size. Although nothing was ever explicitly said, I could just tell most of the time from the interviewer's initial facial reactions when I'd walk in the room. The harsh truth is people do judge. A lot. And from what I've researched throughout the years they're far harder on heavier women than heavier men. Especially in the fields I was pursuing, communications and IT security. In communications, no one likes a fat female marketer, ever. Oh my gosh. I can't even begin to describe the nightmare that was breaking into that field. It's still a nightmare because I've yet to break into it, despite having a MA and numerous internships under my belt (they have no problem hiring you if they don't have to pay you, lol). I've even been published in the field, and still, NOTHING.

Then my graduate cognate, IT security.

Since it was my cognate, it was my "back up plan" if comm. didn't work out. Haha, well, so much for a back up plan. When things in comm. didn't work out, I really had high hopes for this field (I'm a fat nerd, c'mon) but looks like I was wrong. I knew it the first time I attended an IT security conference. I was absolutely baffled. I couldn't believe what I saw. Tons and tons of men from all walks of life and in all shapes and sizes. But the few women in attendance? I swear they were either cute, well put together nerds or looked liked they crawled right out of a Nordstrom ad. Surprised and shocked, I stood out like a flipping sore thumb. Honestly, I still can't believe it!

So what am I doing now? Working at home as a virtual assistant, living well below the poverty level. To top things off, I had to move back in with my parents because I wasn't making near enough to comfortably live on my own. Bless them, but talk about a confidence killer.

Lol, sorry I ended up telling you my whole life story there. I apologize. I guess my point after all this is my primary motivation for this surgery is to hopefully land a better job which will lead to me moving back out on my own again and eventually leading to resuming a normal adult life.

2 hours ago, kcf9889 said:

I shouldn't say this, but that made me laugh. #majorhonesty

I kinda wish I was smaller than my brother though his frame is smaller than mine (he always jokes he has delicate features for a man) and he's not very tall so that might not happen. But if it does...I might smile about it, lol.

I have 6 brothers 1 sister my sister and I are built identical my brothers are all in beach bod 6 pack type shape year around. The youngest was always such a little **** about our weight .... well guess what Karma brought him .... about 75 lbs. And I love every second of it lol I love him to death but mannnnnn it’s nice to see the tables turned

10 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I just thought of another one, to take a sit-down bath,not displace so much Water must be nice to not see the Water rise so much you're not afraid it will over- flow. And then after soaking in the warm relaxing water, to not have to call someone to pop you free enough that you can get out.
Maybe,i should continue being a shower-er and just let the warm spray rain down on my sore areas, but dang it, I want it all!

This is a great one and one I looked forward to as well. My only issue now goes back to the lack of padding on my behind and my tailbone sitting on the hard porcelain of the bathtub makes it hard to relax!

Being in better health, be in better physical shape (more conditioned), being in less pain, sleeping better, either being the same weight or less that I am today, less % fat, and at 2 years, 3-5years, and beyond 5+ years to infinity and beyond!!!!!

Here's one that I didnt think of before:

Being able to get smaller bras, both cup and size. I hate having a 40 F bra size. Even if the bras I buy I really like, I want to be able to choose from even prettier ones. That and be able to buy real lingerie for myself as a treat for my husband.

Be careful how loudly you say that, I went from a DD to a B, at least that's what they are when I roll them back up into a bra. Really need a seat belt retractor, like many others I have now the tube Sox with tennis balls syndrome. Wish I could have saved some of my Rump Fat for this purpose!

On 06/11/2019 at 00:35, Krestel said:

Here's one that I didnt think of before:

Being able to get smaller bras, both cup and size. I hate having a 40 F bra size. Even if the bras I buy I really like, I want to be able to choose from even prettier ones. That and be able to buy real lingerie for myself as a treat for my husband.

Okay so I got this wish pre-WLS because of breast cancer 10 years ago and the ensuing reconstruction.

When it was time for reconstruction (free of course, but the admission price was to ensure a year of chemo/radiation) I opted to go from a 40g to a 40b.
It was the best decision I’d ever made and the first time I put on a “regular” bra I cried tears of joy.

Now that I’ve lost almost 60 pounds, the girls are basically the same size. I guess whatever the surgeon left me with is gonna stubbornly stick around at least for now because I still wear a b cup, but now it’s in 38s, which are getting very very loose around the band.

And may you swoop, slide and slither all the WAY because BABY you done paid your dues, now that you have paid the last installment.......... MAY THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

When I get into my car my butt will knock the rubber seal off the frame of the car. So I'm definitely looking forward to not having to deal with that anymore[emoji23]

Sent from my moto e5 plus using BariatricPal mobile app

On 6/4/2019 at 7:32 AM, Frustr8 said:

My weird and probably funny one. To sit down in narrow or plastic chairs, to stand up without help and not to make that embarrassing Sucky noise when I get up. To not have someone ask if they can show their sl7des on my rump because it is so wide. Not wide,no more, and it won't ever be again . A lover would be able,to hold me close with just his 2,hands, not have to get a forklift or find a 10 bushel basket to hold my rump up. Oh I am getting sassy along with sweet disposition, it's sad guys are starting notice me now, the same ones that wouldn't give me the time of day 100 plus pounds ago. And the ones who ignored ME in the past, not too sure I need them now. I may forgive them but my ❤will never never forget!

I’m so afraid of plastic tittle chairs!!! I fell flat on my ass trying on some sandals on my trip to Vietnam and it took the girl of the store and my bf to help me stand up. So embarrassing!

I love this thread!!😍 I never thought of making a real list! These are mine:

• Riding a bike everywhere! I want to be THAT girl.

• Wearing my uniform blouse button down.

• LEGS: show legs, cross legs, wear shorts, not get thigh burn, never wear shorts beneath a dress again!

• Shoes: use my old shoes that don’t fit anymore, buy new sandals, wear heals, not having pain in my feet

• Hiking: going on nature walks, when I travel not feeling tired all the time or out of breath and specially not getting blisters every time I go on holidays.

• Shaving in all the places... (you know what I mean)

• Being able to cut my hair short, short, without looking fatter

• Not wearing cardigans to hide my arms in the middle of summer

• Be able to take more pictures when I go to the beach, show my body wearing a swimsuit!

Oh wow I can’t wait!