Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HOW FAST CAN I RETURN TO WORK POST VGS?

one month.but i do heavy lifting. they said if it was a desk job it would be 2 weeks. dont you have short term disability fall on? my doctor was adamant about 1 month. its major surgery and you will have a new diet plan that you need to get used to with.

On 05/05/2019 at 19:15, CESILEYRAE said:

Awesome! When is your surgery?
First week of June! 😄

Good luck to you!!!! I’m hoping that I can get a June date as well

I could have gone back in a week with no problem.

I work in a contact center. So 8 hours sitting and standing as I wish. I have a standing desk. Sleaved 4/25 Thursday back Monday. Little low energy but absolutely no issues.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BariatricPal mobile app

So I’m in the UK, but I assume the ops are the same. Mine was on Monday 11th March and I was signed off for 2 weeks (I get 8 months full pay of sick leave.) I had one night in hospital, zero gas pain, minimal pain relief, and only discomfort around the extraction wound. I slept well and felt great. I went back to work after 2 weeks, and then I felt awful, I got loads of pain (I only have an office job) and I got super emotional all of the time. My Dr said it was a grieving process, and I’d actually gone back to early. So then I had two more weeks off. And I’ve felt fine since - no more crying and very little pain. (If I have any it is usually from constipation)

I just think we’re all different, if you feel ready to go back after a few days then great, but if you need longer then please don’t feel guilty about it. This is your time to adjust and take care of yourself.

I have a desk job too. Had surgery on a Wednesday and back to work the following Monday. I only took pain meds Wednesday and Thursday. I had moderate pain in one area but managed with Tylenol. Good luck!!

11 hours ago, 49Nash said:

I have a desk job too. Had surgery on a Wednesday and back to work the following Monday. I only took pain meds Wednesday and Thursday. I had moderate pain in one area but managed with Tylenol. Good luck!!

GOOD TO KNOW THANK YOU!!!!

With what you do for a living it might be sooner then others. I ended up being out a month and I work retail. It was only suppose to be two weeks but I Wasn't hitting my calorie and Water intake so they kept me out of work longer. I would talk to the surgeon if/when you meet with them they an definitely tell you when they think you'd be ready.

mine is may 20th and im going to be taking at least 2 weeks off to adjust

I had mine April 9th, planned to only be put for 2 weeks with going back the day after my follow up but my body had other plans for me. with not being able to drink much and not eating, i became dehydrated and my potassium was low to the point I was feeling very weak and almost passed out in the doctor's office at that same appointment and ended up in the ER for a visit. This has kept me out until now. So we may think our bodies are ready and prepared but your body will definitely tell you if you are or not. Listen to your body and your surgeon's advice and take it one day at a time. Im now feeling much better.

I returned after about 2.5 weeks. I am a teller at a financial institution, so I have some (somewhat) heavy lifting. My husband works at a call center, and took about the same amount of time off for his as well. I think it truly depends on the person - just listen to your body. You'll know when you are ready.

Depends on the work you do. Honestly I took two weeks off. I probably only needed a week but I have over a year of time off banked up. I never take time off work other than a yearly vacation. I figured this was a justifiable reason to burn some of that time.

I guess it depends on your personal situation in regards to type of work and how much time you have banked.