Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! *waves*

First day on the forums, so I thought it would be good to introduce myself. I'm a 36 y/o geeky gal living in Wisconsin with my husband and cats. My husband is also having WLS in a few months, so I am lucky to have some built in support, but still would love to build my support network up a bit more! I'm a bit of an introvert, and for fun you can usually find me reading a book, playing board games with friends, or getting lost in a video game.

So, my story... I've been obese for as much of my life as I can remember. I've also dieted for as much of my life as I can remember. I've tried pretty much every diet and other strategy that I could think of, and did manage to lose weight now and again, but it always came back.

After years of monitoring, last year, I noticed that my insurance was finally willing to cover 1 surgery over the course of my lifetime. I started the ball rolling in November, and am hoping to have my surgery in early June, likely gastric bypass. I've been a part of the UW Health program, which has been amazing - they have been working hard to make sure I am prepared, which is particularly important to me, since I have had a few friends who have not had long-term success with WLS.

I am absolutely determined to make this work, and hope that the tool gives me a sort of second chance to actually be a healthy person... especially since I'm hoping to have a kid in the next three years or so 🙂 So far I'm down about 20 lbs and am still pre-op, so I have high hopes for my post-op success!

If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading all of this! You rock! I look forward to getting to know some new folks.

welcome to the bored and you new journey we are all in different phases of weight loss and our own personal journey we all have lots of experience on here so dont be shy we welcome you with open arms and you success matters to all of us very heart felt bored i think and some really amazing people cheers !

Welcome to the forums and good look on your WLS journey.

Welcome! Hope everything goes well with both you and your husband. If you need advice or are wondering about our experiences don't be shy about asking!

Thank you so much, GreenTealeal, Viking 0424, GradyCat, and KCgirl061! You guys are already making me feel good about my decision to join these boards 😁 I'm really looking forward to continuing with this journey!

Welcome! Way to go with a great attitude!!

Welcome! Glad to see another self-proclaimed geek girl around here. ;)

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, MrsGamgee said:

Woohoo, geeks unite!! (Especially ones that like Harry Potter 😉)

Woohoo, geeks unite!! (Especially ones that like Harry Potter [emoji6])
Harry Potter, LotR, Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly GoT, a bit of Marvel... I could go on and on! Lol

5 hours ago, MrsGamgee said:

Harry Potter, LotR, Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly GoT, a bit of Marvel... I could go on and on! Lol

You have excellent taste! 😉 I used to be a HUGE Star Wars fan, but that faded for me somewhat when Disney scrapped the whole Expanded Universe of books 😝 I still have so much Star Trek to catch up on - I never watched it growing up, so I've tried to make up for lost time!

Welcome and good luck to you and your husband on this journey!! That’s great you guys are doing this together too!

On 5/3/2019 at 7:19 PM, KimB7811 said:

Welcome and good luck to you and your husband on this journey!! That’s great you guys are doing this together too!

Thank you!! I definitely feel lucky to have him doing this alongside me, even if I am the guinea pig of the two of us 😄 I hope your journey is also going well!

On 5/3/2019 at 7:47 PM, MrsGamgee said:

I was just going to say the same thing. Us geekgals have to stick together!

15 minutes ago, Krestel said:

I was just going to say the same thing. Us geekgals have to stick together!

Right?? The more the merrier! I love other geeks, whether our geekdoms line up or not. It's just fun to be around people who appreciate when you can geek out about your passions 😃