Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ MAY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

28. 22 push-ups completed. I was trying to think if I had confided in anyone yesterday...the best I could come up with was my future yoga instructor - my goal this fall is to train to be a yoga instructor. We met yesterday and talked about the program and I shared my hopes and concerns.

29. 23 push-ups completed. Well, my job is centered on helping people in need so it is something I hope I do at least five days a week. B-side: I don't really have a goal weight - I suppose my fantasy would be to get back to 130 where I was in high school. I think it would be more realistic to expect a higher number....I made it to 170 once before but I think 150 would be nice. Basically, I'm aiming to go as far as I can go and then maintain that. I haven't really thought about the number so much as wanting to be as healthy as possible and not sure how everything will look with excess skin and whatnot.

I still think my goal weight is realistic as well, especially as I draw closer to Onderland, my BMI is now 31.1, that's on the cusp between Obese and Overweight, and I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT I could get that low, know I wouldn't without my Bariatric tool, I tried all kinds of diets, some I am ashamed to say I fell for, Cabbage juice, grapefruit, a caramel and hot Water before eating? Oh they were legion, and every time some new medical person made one up, Frustr8 was there with her lower lip quivering and years in her eyes.
My goal remains 175 and a size 15 junior. Now my Nurse Practioner Valerie, and by extension Dr Needleman , would be satisfied with anything sub-199 for ME, maybe they don't have the confidence in ME that I do. I am less than 8 pounds from Onderland, I SHALL BREAK THAT BARRIER! and then,and then, who knows where my,body and. I,shall land! Put padding out so I don't break a bone jumping of the cliff into thin air but I'm going to do it! I still think I look like a tired Basset Hound in the face, but my Son assures me I am" Pretty" to Him still.
So I have lived through this May Challenge, a few scars and dents, sorry my arms wouldn't have enough strength or my legs strong enough to raise,me up from squats, but you know I was pretty intent on the Exercises I could do, so I deserve a participation plaque at least. And I did get to know and accept ME better, to realize I am still a Winner even if no one else sees or notices. After all this journey is Mine not to necessarily entertain them all. So I am looking forward to June, another Endoscopy on 12th June, same day as Tomkittens Birthday & I,promised him I will take him to China Buffet, even if I ingest Egg Drop,or Hot and Sour Soup only, I will still be wishing him Health and Good Fortune in the Coming Year!!👸& 👨

May Day #28

• Confide in someone: Told Mr. that I want to get a Tummy Tuck (on top of the already agreed upon arm lift). Well, he didn't balk, so thats a good start...
  • 22 pushups: Done. The last 5 or so where done badly, I recall (was getting tired).

May Day #29

• Help someone in need: Going to help a cousin move this weekend, will count that for today :)
  • 23 pushups: Haven't done these yet, was late getting up this morning. I'll do them later tonight.

B-side: Realistic vs. Fantasy Goal Weight: My initial goal weight when I was pre-op was 130lbs. Soon after the weight started shedding, I revised that to 120lbs. Now, I've revised it again to be the weight I am currently (127). I don't think I had a "fantasy" goal weight.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

We (politely) demand photos of this spectacular 00

Not sure why I'm always positioning my feet to stand like a dork, but here it is...

(I also bought a jumpsuit that day but will likely return it...it's a yellow-gold colour and feels a little too 70's)

IMG_2265.jpg

1 hour ago, MrsGamgee said:

Day 29 - Help someone. I helped my 7yo do a homework assignment this morning. His write-up for his classroom museum.

B-side - fantasy goal weight... 135. Realistic goal weight 150. I think the difference for me is at 150, I will feel accomplished and healthy. At 135 I think I will feel victorious. But who knows... I'm a heck of a long way from both at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Same honestly.

For many years 150, was the number my body loved loved to stay at...and whenever I was able to exercise and diet myself to 135 I would feel victorious.

I would love to maintain at 140 with 10 pounds (150) wiggle.

I have a few goal weights based on how hard it is to get there. I’m still working toward goal 1 of 140. That was my normal weight in my 40’s. I have 3 pounds to go but that could take me another 2-3 weeks. If it takes longer than that then I will adjust my expectations. My body seems to LOVE being 143ish. When I break the 140 barrier I would love to get to 132, (normal weight in my 30’s) like Aprilgal mentioned, so I would have wiggle room.

I had the blessing and curse of a great metabolism until I was in my late 40’s. I’m in my late 50’s so I’m in new territory therefore unsure what is realistic right now. I thought I would have lost weight at a much quicker pace than I am. I’m not complaining, it’s just a steep learning curve for me and I’m accepting that I have a slow metabolism.

Skipping the gym today because I am so freaking sore from yesterday, I am going for a long walk in between rainstorms though.

Helping others out: Local low income apartment complex has a “store” for their residents. I bought and dropped off a bunch of items they needed for stock.

30. Oh dear, didn't make it to the gym today. At the same time, I give myself permission to miss one day a week and I haven't missed any in at least two weeks. Today we were practicing CPR compressions and I so wanted to count those as my pushups...but, I did them anyway. I haven't visited a new place today but I have plans to go whale watching on Saturday and that will be a new place for me.

28 minutes ago, seaforest said:

30. Oh dear, didn't make it to the gym today. At the same time, I give myself permission to miss one day a week and I haven't missed any in at least two weeks. Today we were practicing CPR compressions and I so wanted to count those as my pushups...but, I did them anyway. I haven't visited a new place today but I have plans to go whale watching on Saturday and that will be a new place for me.

OMG whale watching... We NEED pics (please) ❤

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

💙💙💙ALMOST TO THE FINISH LINE!!!💙💙💙

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

1305934090_happiness-challenge-long-12.thumb.jpg.b735dbccb84558b9d75e6e14b30b8920.jpg

1274918413_MayFitnessChallenge_31DaysofPush-Ups2.jpeg.64250575015c409f0c4fbf7d2a884f16.jpeg

581744830_Screenshot_2019-04-29-09-59-282.png.fed233b4fa77302dfc99ce1b3b0d4b97.png

On 5/29/2019 at 11:49 AM, ms.sss said:

Not sure why I'm always positioning my feet to stand like a dork, but here it is...

(I also bought a jumpsuit that day but will likely return it...it's a yellow-gold colour and feels a little too 70's)

IMG_2265.jpg

🙌HEY SLIM... LOOKING FIT 🙌

May Day #30

• Visit a new place: Met a friend for lunch at a new sandwich place in her office building today. I bought a pre-packaged "Protein snack Pack" there: 1 hard boiled egg, about 2oz of grilled chicken, and probably about 1/4 cup of edamame. Wish I took a picture, it was a cute little box of food :) I ate all the chicken, 1/2 the egg and passed on the edamame. At $8, it thought it was on the pricey side, but it was better than the $16 cobb salad that looked like it could feed 6 people. Actually, now that I think of it, I should have bought the salad! Would have fed me for a week...
  • 24 pushups: Done. +24 sit-ups. No squats today.

Visit a new place. I forgot about this, retraced my steps and didn’t go anywhere new today. Went to the gym, I need to mix it up, it’s getting boring! I talked to the trainer and she’s going to help me with that.

Went out to dinner tonight, it’s a great BBQ place with really a good grilled chicken breast. I don’t feel like I’m depriving myself when I go there. Headed to bed early tonight!

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

💝💝💝💝💝💝LAST DAY OF MAY💝💝💝💝💝💝

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

happiness-challenge-long-1~2.jpg

May Fitness Challenge_ 31 Days of Push-Ups~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2019-04-29-09-59-28~2.png

Well today is the End of May, I wonder how many can say they are happy where they are at? I had a very self-assured day yesterday, felt happy and proud in my basic soul, only,one small storm- cloud, someone said she didn't care much for me! But up,iknow what, Green Tealael and company? That's on her, not me, so too bad about her problem. with- out any reason for her attitude. Used to buckle-under, apologize so everyone would LIKE me, finally realized it is much more important that I LIKE Me. I rather like this self-assurance, may keep on "wearing" it. Almost made it to Onderland, on May 1st I had no clue I would be teetering on the brink! So Wowsers for ME! Now to March bravely into June 2019, what will it hold? Not sure but I think I can face it bravely, and that's a Good Bottom Line, isn't it?🌸🍀🌺😝

Day 30 - Visit a new place. Hmm, no where new yesterday (just my bariatric clinic and my family doc) and no where new on the schedule today. But tomorrow, if the wildfire smoke clears out a bit and this wretched cold that's settled on my lungs eases up, I'm going to the farmer's market (new location for it this year)! I want some hummus and there's a local guy that makes the most amazing flavours (dill pickle, spicy curry, peanut butter).

I've really enjoyed this month, even though I wasn't able to do the push-ups all the way through. Looking forward to June. :)